Construction worker dies after eating too many bags of black licorice

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
A Massachusetts construction worker’s love of black licorice wound up costing him his life. Eating a bag and a half every day for a few weeks threw his nutrients out of whack and caused the 54-year-old man’s heart to stop, doctors reported Wednesday.

“Even a small amount of licorice you eat can increase your blood pressure a little bit,” said Dr. Neel Butala, a cardiologist at Massachusetts General Hospital who described the case in the New England Journal of Medicine.

BCM Black Candy Matters

:>---

one of the few
You bet your it does.
1600989841274.jpeg
1600990009707.jpeg
1600989920645.jpeg
iu
1600989935360.jpeg

Sorry bout the construction worker though. R.I.P.

Moderation is the key.

... In ALL things!

You bet your it does.

One more for the folks...
Smith Brothers licorice cough drops...
... they were black (obviously), hard candy drops, formed in a mold with a raised
'SB' on the top and a 5-pointed star in a circle on the underside

file1424859843-300x261.jpg

SmithBros_logo_black-1-300x201.jpg

The old joke was that their given first names were 'TRADE' and 'MARK'
actually they were 'William' & 'Andrew'. ;)

SALT

When I was in grade school cough drops were the only thing we were allow to have in our mouths and only if you had a cough or sore throat. So we would pretend we did.
Never liked black licorice. I’ll eat anything but black licorice and squid.

When I was in grade school cough drops were the only thing we were allow to have in our mouths and only if you had a cough or sore throat. So we would pretend we did.
Never liked black licorice. I’ll eat anything but black licorice and squid.
Squid is quite good depening how it's cooked. There's calamari of course, squid deep fried. I've also squid pizza, and if anything it was quite tasteless, rubbery like octopus.

I love calimar
Squid is quite good depening how it's cooked. There's calamari of course, squid deep fried. I've also squid pizza, and if anything it was quite tasteless, rubbery like octopus.
I love calamari. It’s something about the texture of squid.

Fried squid okay, particularly when there aren't a lot of other eating options.
If you like black licorice you should be sent to the gulag.
they have black licorice there? Apparently it's a thing in Holland. Had a Dutch girldfriend, kept sending me Austrailian Licorice. She was a bit goofy but, former gymnast so you know, sacrifices. :D

Anise + C2H6O = Ouzo
Licorice + C2H6O = Jägermeister

SALT
Years ago I attended a Greek Orthodox wedding. It was a bit different than the typical Catholic weddings I've attended, but, one thing was the same...plenty of booze and drinking at the reception. There was a bottle of Ouzo placed at every table at the reception. It was the first, last and only time I tasted Ouzo.

Years ago I attended a Greek Orthodox wedding. It was a bit different than the typical Catholic weddings I've attended, but, one thing was the same...plenty of booze and drinking at the reception. There was a bottle of Ouzo placed at every table at the reception. It was the first, last and only time I tasted Ouzo.
that you remember...

It’s interesting it just came out that a compound in licorice called Liquiritin has been reported to stop the replication of COVID19 in cells.