Congrats to the OHSAA!

Last three games were awesome! Kudos to the coaches, players and communities. As well as the OHSAA. Great finish to a crazy year.

It wasn't a "full" season, but it was close enough all things considered. The OHSAA (and the governor's office) pushed for this to take place. Whether people agree with their politics or how they handled the virus, the majority of people (and the vast majority on Yappi) have to agree that playing out the fall sports season had more positives than negatives. Or at least that is how I see it.

Bad year to be a Tiger.
The Chinese calendar has 2020 as the Year of the Rat...the next Year of the Tiger is in 2022... that is the 50th Anniversary year of Ohio HS football playoffs-- maybe Massillon finally wins their coveted on-field championship that year-- but it looks like it will take Hoban shrinking back to a Division III school (a` la Mooney's gradual descent through the divisions) to allow that to happen...

Remember in July when they were threatening to shut it (OHSAA) down because of money............ This has had to of been a record breaking $ year for them.

As I said in another thread, quit acting like Massillon should be hailed as heroes for hosting the games. I’m sure Massillon just did it out of the kindness of their hearts. Hosting your own state title game isn’t a motivating factor. Large crowds were not a factor this year.
I’m sure Massillon was contacted first (as they should be, amazing facilities), some other school would’ve stepped up had Massillon not. Quit acting like you saved the season just because you don’t have a playoff championship to talk about.
No one said that. Who would have stepped up? Not just maybe, but who? No alibi's, jut tell me woh the schools were? You don't have an answer, because you don't know. You have an aligator mouth and a hummingbird a--.

Piqua and Sidney would have in a heartbeat (especially Sidney). Smaller stadiums, but that didn't matter much this year.

No kudos to Massillon for stepping up though. I know, we're a bunch of a holes, and cheat and beat up women and demean fans. Stark county is a dump, Massillon hires their own refs. Tigers have the worst fan base, never play away games. You people need to get a life.
Sounds like whining to me.
Got it though, no one would’ve stepped up, only Massillon is capable of doing something like this.

“tell me who! Tell me who then would’ve hosted...”

- I have no clue, maybe one of the thousand other sites across the state that OHSAA has used for neutral sites before?

It’s ok little man, here you go:

Thank you Massillon for stepping up to host these finals. If not for you willing to host your own title game, 12 teams wouldn’t have been able to play. We are all overwhelmed with joy that you saved these 12 teams. You did what no one else was willing to do. Not sure any other school has the ability to unlock their gates, turn on the scoreboard and lights, and man the concession stand. If only we were all blessed with that Massillon education so that maybe one of us could’ve figured this out. Thanks again Massillon, we are forever in debt.

Respectfully,
The rest of Ohio

give credit when credit is dew thank you OHSAA and thank you Massillon job well done I really doubt any place could have pulled this off on such short notice and by the way I'm more of a Bulldog fan than Tigers

Sounds like whining to me.
Got it though, no one would’ve stepped up, only Massillon is capable of doing something like this.

“tell me who! Tell me who then would’ve hosted...”

- I have no clue, maybe one of the thousand other sites across the state that OHSAA has used for neutral sites before?

It’s ok little man, here you go:

Thank you Massillon for stepping up to host these finals. If not for you willing to host your own title game, 12 teams wouldn’t have been able to play. We are all overwhelmed with joy that you saved these 12 teams. You did what no one else was willing to do. Not sure any other school has the ability to unlock their gates, turn on the scoreboard and lights, and man the concession stand. If only we were all blessed with that Massillon education so that maybe one of us could’ve figured this out. Thanks again Massillon, we are forever in debt.

Respectfully,
The rest of Ohio
Just what I thought. You're just a big mouth. No answers, jut being a smart mouth. Still waiting to hear about the 1000 other sites that would have hosted the games. No whining, your school probably wasn't even in the playoffs. No one wants their rear ends kissed, but it is what it is.

Just what I thought. You're just a big mouth. No answers, jut being a smart mouth. Still waiting to hear about the 1000 other sites that would have hosted the games. No whining, your school probably wasn't even in the playoffs. No one wants their rear ends kissed, but it is what it is.
Just because you say “no whining” doesn’t mean you weren’t whining.

You don’t have much in the way of logic do you?

If Massillon was first to be contacted, then how would we know who else was contacted? I already stated that Massillon should’ve been one of the first if not the very first school contacted. But to act like no one else could’ve/would’ve “stepped up” is pretty vain.

Heck of a final weekend. Games just kept getting better.

The OHSAA did a great job to get this season and this tournament played. Even with the last minute switch to a new stadium. This will be a season to remember!
I'll simply agree with the above........ players, coaches, family and fans were all fortunate to experience a season in the fall of a crazy 2020!

Just because you say “no whining” doesn’t mean you weren’t whining.

You don’t have much in the way of logic do you?

If Massillon was first to be contacted, then how would we know who else was contacted? I already stated that Massillon should’ve been one of the first if not the very first school contacted. But to act like no one else could’ve/would’ve “stepped up” is pretty vain.
[/Q Never said that either. Just don't think people were begging to host games as you implied. No, i guess i don't have andy logic or I wouldn't be bantering with an insane idiot. Talk to you next year.

I never implied anyone was clamoring to host the finals, whatever field that was in Obetz “stepped up” before Massillon did. It’s 2020, once Obetz canceled, I’m sure Massillon was first on speed dial, great facilities and have hosted before. But the OHSAA didn’t open it up to bids. They went with familiarity. Massillon did a good job with agreeing to host.
To act as Massillon should be hailed as heroes is dumb. They answered the phone, someone else would’ve had they not.

[/Q Never said that either. Just don't think people were begging to host games as you implied. No, i guess i don't have andy logic or I wouldn't be bantering with an insane idiot. Talk to you next year.
Quick question....who is Andy?

No one said that. Who would have stepped up? Not just maybe, but who? No alibi's, jut tell me woh the schools were? You don't have an answer, because you don't know. You have an aligator mouth and a hummingbird a--.

A couple tidbits from a radio interview I just heard with Tim Stried from the OHSAA.

- The choice given to OHSAA was Obetz with zero fans or move the games.
- A few alternate sites were in the mix, Piqua and Northmont among them; with 7 NE Ohio schools playing, Massillon was the choice.
- Massillon still has a waiver in place to allow a few more fans. Total will be in the 1,750 range.
- The OSHAA will attempt to assist schools financially with travel costs (hotels).
So, from this post from The Butler, Piqua and Northmont were considered.

Last edited:
Indeed congrats! In this crazy 2020 I dont think anyone thought you could pull off a regular season let alone get a full playoff and championship weekend played. Hopefully winter sports will go as well but certainly not looking good.

Quick question....who is Andy?
Sorry for the spelling. Have macular degeneration and sight isn't so hot.

Props to the OHSAA for getting through the minefield that was football 2020. The folks at Massillon did step up and came through as well. Gotta try to remember there is much more to Massillon than the people who post on here. And while we are tossing bouquets - one should go to Tim Tyrrell and Hoban for keeping things a little simpler in an already complex situation.

I agree, thank you OHSAA for giving everyone a Fall SEASON. Lets pray that we somehow have a Winter Season!

Everyone is so quick to criticize, and slow to praise.

Staring down the Rona, where colleges were initialing cancelling their seasons and DeWine having a coronary any time more then ten folks got together at a time, the OHSAA stood strong to do the right thing for the kids.

Then when the Dictator thought he could shut it down and screw the kids out of championships like he did for basketball and baseball, the OHSAA had a contingency to not let it happen.