Congrats Norwood Lady Indians

Great job so far this season. Keep playing hard and overachieving lol. Good luck to u saturday against a very good CM team. Oh and Tubbs and Stoeppel could start on any team in the state I think.

Great job so far this season. Keep playing hard and overachieving lol. Good luck to u saturday against a very good CM team. Oh and Tubbs and Stoeppel could start on any team in the state I think.

Any team? Since I have not seen either play yet I could make a statement that they couldn't play for any team. One cannot see every team play or every player and to make a blanket statement like that surely leaves a lot of top level ranked teams that are very deep appear inadequate compared to these two power house players on a division 2 Norwood team. Hype or are they that good?

Last edited:
Any team? Since I have not seen either play I could make a statement that they couldn't play for any team. One cannot see every team play or every player and to make a blanket statement like that surely leaves a lot of top level ranked teams that are very deep appear inadequate compared to these two power house players on a division 2 Norwood team. Hype or are they that good?

A little of both. However, we all know that these forum posts are all opinions based on various levels of exposure to the elite teams in Div 1 through 4 throughout the state.

IMHO... Tubbs could start for any team, any division in the state based on her defense, athleticism and shooting ability. Stoepple could do very well for any team, any division in the state, but "starting" is a big statement. There are several elite teams in the state that have all 5 starters with college scholarship commitments or offers on the table. (e.g. Twinsburg has 3 senior starters who have signed LOI's with Div-1 colleges)... Stoepple and Tubbs are both great scorers though!

In no way am I saying anyone is inadequate on any team. There are alot of great players in this state. Simply saying I believe they could start on any team in the state. In my opinion, they are that good. Ask all the quality teams they have beaten this year.

In no way am I saying anyone is inadequate on any team. There are alot of great players in this state. Simply saying I believe they could start on any team in the state. In my opinion, they are that good. Ask all the quality teams they have beaten this year.

Let me first say that I appreciate what Norwood has accomplished, having watched them several times this year, BUT, "astumblebum", you really need to get a state perspective on Ohio girl's basketball, and temper your enthusiasm just a little bit.

First of all, they do not have a whole lot of "quality" wins. No disrespect, because you have to play your schedule, and I believe their "core" played down to their opponents for three-fourths of the season. (It's the difference between an established winning program like Western Brown, who Norwood beat last Saturday, and a program in the making. Western Brown was beating conference teams by 25-30pts during the season. Norwood was winning many of their games in the second half when they could have done the same as Western Brown. It's the confidence and mental toughness that had to be developed and I give whole credit to their first year coach for.)

Yes, Norwood has done well this year. (FYI--They are 21-3. For comparison, they were 7-14 last year, and although in a new conference the level of competition is arguably nearly identical to their schedule of last season. Norwood is 33-96 over the last six years, with not one winning season until this year. This year's team is nearly identical to last year's. There are two significant differences in this year's team---freshman Hannah Tubbs, who may be the most under-rated freshman in the state, and a dynamic, motivating coach in Keith Gwynn.

But Ohio is one of the best states in the country for girls basketball and although I appreciate the talent you cannot make a claim that Stoeppel could start on ANY team in the state. She wouldn't. Norwood is a small Div-2 school. I know there are Div-1 schools out there with 5 times the pool to draw from that play in much tougher conferences and have 5 committed athletes (or soon to commit) starting. Even Tubbs, who I do believe could play for any team, and if that team allowed her to, could drop 20 pts on any opponent, would not START on ANY team, as a freshman.

Norwood is one of the best stories of the whole season, so enjoy it for what it is.
IMHO they have a good shot against a good Clinton Massie team on Friday. (They need to be able to pressure the ball effectively, stay out of foul trouble----they only go 6 deep---and Stoeppel and Tubbs need to stay aggressive offensively.) Gwynn has them believing and peaking at the right time---three consecutive, "complete" games in a row.

Go Indians. I wish them luck.

Let me first say that I appreciate what Norwood has accomplished, having watched them several times this year, BUT, "astumblebum", you really need to get a state perspective on Ohio girl's basketball, and temper your enthusiasm just a little bit.

First of all, they do not have a whole lot of "quality" wins. No disrespect, because you have to play your schedule, and I believe their "core" played down to their opponents for three-fourths of the season. (It's the difference between an established winning program like Western Brown, who Norwood beat last Saturday, and a program in the making. Western Brown was beating conference teams by 25-30pts during the season. Norwood was winning many of their games in the second half when they could have done the same as Western Brown. It's the confidence and mental toughness that had to be developed and I give whole credit to their first year coach for.)

Yes, Norwood has done well this year. (FYI--They are 21-3. For comparison, they were 7-14 last year, and although in a new conference the level of competition is arguably nearly identical to their schedule of last season. Norwood is 33-96 over the last six years, with not one winning season until this year. This year's team is nearly identical to last year's. There are two significant differences in this year's team---freshman Hannah Tubbs, who may be the most under-rated freshman in the state, and a dynamic, motivating coach in Keith Gwynn.

But Ohio is one of the best states in the country for girls basketball and although I appreciate the talent you cannot make a claim that Stoeppel could start on ANY team in the state. She wouldn't. Norwood is a small Div-2 school. I know there are Div-1 schools out there with 5 times the pool to draw from that play in much tougher conferences and have 5 committed athletes (or soon to commit) starting. Even Tubbs, who I do believe could play for any team, and if that team allowed her to, could drop 20 pts on any opponent, would not START on ANY team, as a freshman.

Norwood is one of the best stories of the whole season, so enjoy it for what it is.
IMHO they have a good shot against a good Clinton Massie team on Friday. (They need to be able to pressure the ball effectively, stay out of foul trouble----they only go 6 deep---and Stoeppel and Tubbs need to stay aggressive offensively.) Gwynn has them believing and peaking at the right time---three consecutive, "complete" games in a row.

Go Indians. I wish them luck.

Great post and you are right on in your assessment...Stoephel is a nice player and Tubbs has great potential...anybody who says they could start for anybody in the state has not seen most of the D-1 teams in state....Norwood just got their only two quality wins against a decent Mcnick and western brown team...they beat Goshen in last minute and struggled with several other mediocre teams....glad to see they put it together and wish them luck

Norwood has the same schedule wise as lasy year...????? Mt
Healthy was the fourth place team in the SWOC and Winton Woods did not play in that conference this year. Mt Healthy almost beat Western Brown the first place team of the SBC. Last year Norwood played Winton Woods, Talawanda, Mt Healthy, Harrison, Ross, Edgewood twice..The conferences are not close.

Norwood has the same schedule wise as lasy year...????? Mt
Healthy was the fourth place team in the SWOC and Winton Woods did not play in that conference this year. Mt Healthy almost beat Western Brown the first place team of the SBC. Last year Norwood played Winton Woods, Talawanda, Mt Healthy, Harrison, Ross, Edgewood twice..The conferences are not close.

I stand by my opinion, which was stated as "arguably" in comparison. Most of the teams you reference are nothing like the same school teams of last year. And I won't get into knocking teams of this year vs last to make the argument. Suffice it to say that no one who saw Norwood play last year would recognize them as the same team that just beat McNick and Western Brown. And the biggest change is the addition of freshman Hannah Tubbs and a team metality being developed by new head coach, Keith Gwynn.

I stand by my opinion, which was stated as "arguably" in comparison. Most of the teams you reference are nothing like the same school teams of last year. And I won't get into knocking teams of this year vs last to make the argument. Suffice it to say that no one who saw Norwood play last year would recognize them as the same team that just beat McNick and Western Brown. And the biggest change is the addition of freshman Hannah Tubbs and a team metality being developed by new head coach, Keith Gwynn.

Can't argue with this, they definitely peaked at the right time and Tubbs was a great addition with some serious potential.....