Confirmed Covid Shutdowns- OHIO

Clyde did not shut down they removed the kids who had been in contact with someone else. The Clyde kids had not tested positive at this point it was merely a precautionary move.

Can't do it. Kids are going to test positive, it really is no big deal. If they are really sick that is different

Will do it, they have no other guidance on how to move forward. We don't know the long term effects of COVID in kids, adults or anyone else. Therefore they will side with caution. I know you guys like to only base things on current deaths and people being admitted to the hospital. realistically we have no clue what long term effects COVID-19 may have on the body.

Not sure why anyone has the slightest bit of hope for a high school football season. And looking more like no sports during the mixed education 2021 school year

You're right. I should take pity on you and try to convert you into a buckeye. If that means I have to buy you a pizza, so be it. It's the least I could do to help you find success in who you cheer for on Saturdays. It would be like my ministry.
I appreciate your proposal. But I bleed BLUE. So converting just won't happen. Either way, there aren't many college games better "THE" Michigan Wolverines vs the O.S. Puke Eyes. I hope COVID is gone ASAP. But if it is still around and stadiums are not full, this is a great year to play it at Columbus because it probably won't be a full house. Go Blue!

Will do it, they have no other guidance on how to move forward. We don't know the long term effects of COVID in kids, adults or anyone else. Therefore they will side with caution. I know you guys like to only base things on current deaths and people being admitted to the hospital. realistically we have no clue what long term effects COVID-19 may have on the body.

Not sure why anyone has the slightest bit of hope for a high school football season. And looking more like no sports during the mixed education 2021 school year
You misunderstood me. Can't do it, meaning, they can't play the season under these guidelines. Sorry, but I don't buy into all the Covid hype.

I appreciate your proposal. But I bleed BLUE. So converting just won't happen. Either way, there aren't many college games better "THE" Michigan Wolverines vs the O.S. Puke Eyes. I hope COVID is gone ASAP. But if it is still around and stadiums are not full, this is a great year to play it at Columbus because it probably won't be a full house. Go Blue!
No wonder you're always a Debbie Downer then. I have never met a happy Michigan fan.

Was reported yesterday and on the list. Just updated. Central District and NW Ohio still no closures.
Canal Winchester canceled practice for two days last week while awaiting the results of their coach’s COVID-19 test, which turned out positive.

In my neck of woods the testing is being done by the hospital even if it’s not on hospital grounds so it would still be a part of their numbers. 900,000 sounds like a very big number between March 1 and May 31 when we were only doing about 1,000 tests a day in March.
Okay, 900000 ÷90 is 10k a day. Dont forget weve ramped up testing quite a bit. Much easier for John Q to get a test in May than March. Also testing the masses at prisons, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I remember when they first started drive thru testing sites in the mahoning valley and they would get 200 a day! Now, if some pop up drive thru site in Campbell Ohio can get 200 on a weekday, imagine the numbers across the state for that same day. Wont be 1000

You misunderstood me. Can't do it, meaning, they can't play the season under these guidelines. Sorry, but I don't buy into all the Covid hype.

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks right now. The SWO AD's had a conference call with Snodgrass the other day. Readers Digest version. Plan to start Aug 1 but they have absolutely no plan. Expect that plan of "No Plan" to change numerous times between now and then. They had no guidance to pass along. They'd like to have fans in the stands with assigned seating to properly social distance. Plan to need additional busing because they might recommend 1 kid per seat. Again, that plan will remain fluid.

Recap....they thought they were going to get some guidance on how to move forward. They got none.

No wonder you're always a Debbie Downer then. I have never met a happy Michigan fan.
Hail to the Victors!!! Go Blue. I'll add that you never met a happy Michigan fan ------ until ME. :) ? :) ? ??

Last edited:
Yes. But not just a Michigan fan, but a DIEHARD Michigan fan. Been to the Big House many times. AWESOME time. But you can't hold that against me now, since the Puke Eyes kind of own us right now. But we still lead the all time head to head series. Hopefully with the stud QB Michigan is getting in 2021, we can turn things around. Or maybe it's time for Harbaugh to go. The Puke Eyes have had the advantage in athletes, QB play, and coaching for way too long. That is a big deal. That is where the Wolverines need to catch up. (athletes, QB play, and coaching).
Problem is UM will never be Ohio St. PSU is closer to OSU in terms of athletes. I don’t think there is a more arrogant fan base in the country then UM. Done so little on the field but yet feel entitled to everything.

Problem is UM will never be Ohio St. PSU is closer to OSU in terms of athletes. I don’t think there is a more arrogant fan base in the country then UM. Done so little on the field but yet feel entitled to everything.
It's coming. Right now they are in the second tier of teams. There really are only about 3-5 teams in the elite top tier. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, OSU Puke Eyes.

Last edited:
Probably. But I know that I am tapped out going round and round about Covid. Those days are over. Depressing and not fun discussions! (to me).

Then go to another thread. It's that simple. College Football would be perfect.

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks right now. The SWO AD's had a conference call with Snodgrass the other day. Readers Digest version. Plan to start Aug 1 but they have absolutely no plan. Expect that plan of "No Plan" to change numerous times between now and then. They had no guidance to pass along. They'd like to have fans in the stands with assigned seating to properly social distance. Plan to need additional busing because they might recommend 1 kid per seat. Again, that plan will remain fluid.

Recap....they thought they were going to get some guidance on how to move forward. They got none.

Their guidance will be TSSCA and NJHSA. A real conversation can be what our season, as even being able to scrimmage would be like if we couldn't do it until Labor Day. Then of course the "second wave" which no one knows is real or not has to be a concern.

What's the story with Canal Winchester?

Last edited:
I honestly think most programs across the state would have a tough time fielding teams with "mixed" education. Not so much that kids/parents won't want to play. The logistics are a nightmare. How do you get kids without transportation to practice? This could be easier at the HS level at some districts...I'm guessing Jr High teams would be extremely tough.

Their guidance will be TSSCA and NJHSA. A real conversation can be what our season, as even being able to scrimmage would be like if we couldn't do it until Labor Day. Then of course the "second wave" which no one knows is real or not has to be a concern.

What's the story with Canal Winchester?
Coach was notified he came into close contact with someone who tested positive, he got a test and football practice was suspended for 48 hours until the results of the test came back in. His test was positive. Canal went back to practicing because the Franklin Co Dept of Health determined there was no reason to believe he contracted the virus before the last time he was around the facilities or kids, I believe. Steve Blackledge of the Cols. Dispatch wrote about it in better detail. I'm not criticizing the policy and protocols that were taken, I just don't particularly understand the exact rationale taken on by CW.

I honestly think most programs across the state would have a tough time fielding teams with "mixed" education. Not so much that kids/parents won't want to play. The logistics are a nightmare. How do you get kids without transportation to practice? This could be easier at the HS level at some districts...I'm guessing Jr High teams would be extremely tough.
Columbus City is looking like it is going to be blended, or mixed, or whatever you want to call it. The Sup't has recommended 3 days remote learning 2 days in-person for k-8. High school appears to be entirely remote learning this coming fall. Great.

Columbus City is looking like it is going to be blended, or mixed, or whatever you want to call it. The Sup't has recommended 3 days remote learning 2 days in-person for k-8. High school appears to be entirely remote learning this coming fall. Great.

Have heard this scenario for many Central Ohio school districts.

Have heard this scenario for many Central Ohio school districts.
Yeah, I'm not saying as a matter of fact Ohio won't have high school football. But the City League is in serious trouble now. They're going to be at risk of losing possibly half of their teams if indeed the high schools aren't going back to in-person instruction.

Yeah, I'm not saying as a matter of fact Ohio won't have high school football. But the City League is in serious trouble now. They're going to be at risk of losing possibly half of their teams if indeed the high schools aren't going back to in-person instruction.
I live ten minutes from the Indiana border. They are in full contact in all sports. They are having football. They are having and hosting AAU games, and they are a neighboring state that is a few days away from going 100% open. We have been following them, step by step, about two weeks behind. It seems as though I recall their "return to play" around the middle of June. I would say our two weeks are here and if we continue to follow suit, the boys will be suiting up very soon for 7v7 and scrimmages. I expect a full go from Dewine on Thursday with a ton of nuances on what schools should do with positive tests. I also expect tentative guidance on what will happen in schools. It'll likely be a blow to the schools and at that point, districts will have the next move. It sounds as though some districts are already making definitive choices.

I live ten minutes from the Indiana border. They are in full contact in all sports. They are having football. They are having and hosting AAU games, and they are a neighboring state that is a few days away from going 100% open. We have been following them, step by step, about two weeks behind. It seems as though I recall their "return to play" around the middle of June. I would say our two weeks are here and if we continue to follow suit, the boys will be suiting up very soon for 7v7 and scrimmages. I expect a full go from Dewine on Thursday with a ton of nuances on what schools should do with positive tests. I also expect tentative guidance on what will happen in schools. It'll likely be a blow to the schools and at that point, districts will have the next move. It sounds as though some districts are already making definitive choices.
Hopefully DeWine is watching/evaluating this (Indiana) and will make a better decisions.