Confirmed Covid Shutdowns- OHIO

List is updated, we are up to 8 confirmed, have heard of a few in SW Ohio that can't be confirmed yet.

Fine, you win. Shut it all down. Everything. It’s not safe. What do you want other than saying the same thing over and over.

Bottom line: flu season starts and ends. Covid started probably late last year and has NO end. That seems to me that they are not even close to being the same and that COVID is more contagious and being taken more serious, at least in the sports world and school world.

I read Mt Healthy had 1 positive test football player , all sports training shut down next 14 days with them encouraging anybody in weight room to get tested

I hate when school districts look out for the health and safety of their students and staff. How am I supposed to live through HS kids if there aren't sports?
Just like when there is a inch, or 2 of snow, they cancel school. We are cancelling school today, it is under 10°. Please this is just a soft society today. This whole coronavirus thing has been totally exaggerated

Just like when there is a inch, or 2 of snow, they cancel school. We are cancelling school today, it is under 10°. Please this is just a soft society today. This whole coronavirus thing has been totally exaggerated

Go to Houston, Texas where hospitalizations are so heavy that adults are being sent to children's hospitals. We don't want a Texas situation here. Are we preventing that from happening? Unsure. Tomorrow will be telling as Mondays usually have the lowest case counts because of the weekend.

It's not a soft society. It's a society that takes legal action and blames others for everything that doesn't work in their favor. All those newer "School Closings" are because a school somewhere got sued and ended up losing or settling for a decent amount. I'd argue some of those changes are warranted. For instance...I thought it was "soft" if someone missed for a concussion when I was in school ('01). Today it's one of my main concerns as a coach.

It's not a soft society. It's a society that takes legal action and blames others for everything that doesn't work in their favor. All those newer "School Closings" are because a school somewhere got sued and ended up losing or settling for a decent amount. I'd argue some of those changes are warranted. For instance...I thought it was "soft" if someone missed for a concussion when I was in school ('01). Today it's one of my main concerns as a coach.
If you take legal action, and blame others, I consider that soft too. So yes we live in a soft society, in my opinion

I had a friend who is an employee of one of the big 3 major hospital chains in Ohio who is in the middle of this ordeal tell me yesterday that they have roughly given 30,000 tests and as of the end of May have returned approx. 1500 positives. They are skeptical as to how the cumulative number can be over 45,000.
That's 5% That's about the average. Are they wondering about the total numbers? Just because it's one of the biggest three doesnt mean anything on the actual total numbers. More hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, drive thru locations are testing.

Go to Houston, Texas where hospitalizations are so heavy that adults are being sent to children's hospitals. We don't want a Texas situation here. Are we preventing that from happening? Unsure. Tomorrow will be telling as Mondays usually have the lowest case counts because of the weekend.
This is from last Thursday so maybe things changed but at that time they were in good shape.

This is from last Thursday so maybe things changed but at that time they were in good shape.

The Woodlands

The Woodlands is a a suburb like no other in Ohio, that's like pulling an article from OAN.

If you want to follow a website that gives straight forward info about the virus and what they are doing in the Critical Care Areas....follow this Doctor...he is an intensivist and a Pulmonologist in San Bernardino county.

That's 5% That's about the average. Are they wondering about the total numbers? Just because it's one of the biggest three doesnt mean anything on the actual total numbers. More hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, drive thru locations are testing.
But many of the clinics and some pharmacy testing are being organized by hospitals. And I would wonder who was doing 900,000 tests from March 1 to May 31.

But many of the clinics and some pharmacy testing are being organized by hospitals. And I would wonder who was doing 900,000 tests from March 1 to May 31.
It is irrelevant who is organizing the clinics and pharmacies (in my neck of the woods these clinics, pharmacies and drive thru clinics are operating separately from the hospital) I was giving examples of more areas of testing. Many many hospitals outside of the big ones. 900000 doesn't sound like some unreasonable number. Quite the opposite

It is irrelevant who is organizing the clinics and pharmacies (in my neck of the woods these clinics, pharmacies and drive thru clinics are operating separately from the hospital) I was giving examples of more areas of testing. Many many hospitals outside of the big ones. 900000 doesn't sound like some unreasonable number. Quite the opposite
In my neck of woods the testing is being done by the hospital even if it’s not on hospital grounds so it would still be a part of their numbers. 900,000 sounds like a very big number between March 1 and May 31 when we were only doing about 1,000 tests a day in March.

Lol. I don't know. You're a Michigan fan.
Lol. I don't know. You're a Michigan fan.
Yes. But not just a Michigan fan, but a DIEHARD Michigan fan. Been to the Big House many times. AWESOME time. But you can't hold that against me now, since the Puke Eyes kind of own us right now. But we still lead the all time head to head series. Hopefully with the stud QB Michigan is getting in 2021, we can turn things around. Or maybe it's time for Harbaugh to go. The Puke Eyes have had the advantage in athletes, QB play, and coaching for way too long. That is a big deal. That is where the Wolverines need to catch up. (athletes, QB play, and coaching).

Yes. But not just a Michigan fan, but a DIEHARD Michigan fan. Been to the Big House many times. AWESOME time. But you can't hold that against me now, since the Puke Eyes kind of own us right now. But we still lead the all time head to head series. Hopefully with the stud QB Michigan is getting in 2021, we can turn things around. Or maybe it's time for Harbaugh to go. The Puke Eyes have had the advantage in athletes, QB play, and coaching for way too long. That is a big deal. That is where the Wolverines need to catch up. (athletes, QB play, and coaching).
You're right. I should take pity on you and try to convert you into a buckeye. If that means I have to buy you a pizza, so be it. It's the least I could do to help you find success in who you cheer for on Saturdays. It would be like my ministry.

Speak of the devil...anyone have more news about this Clyde situation?