Conference Changes You Would Like to See

How would this be good for Louisville? If they wanted to play a schedule like this they would just be in the Fed. I like the talk of Louisville joining a football only SVC of Mooney, Ursuline, East, Chaney, Canfield Howland, and Big Red. They could join the AAC for all other sports with Fitch, Boardman, Warren, Howland and Canfield.
Canfield will never be in any kind of league with Mooney and Ursuline.

Miami Valley Conference: Alter, CJ, Wayne, Trotwood, Centerville, Miamisburg, Northmont and Fairmont. This will never happen but if it did think of the rivalries in it.

Miami Valley Conference: Alter, CJ, Wayne, Trotwood, Centerville, Miamisburg, Northmont and Fairmont. This will never happen but if it did think of the rivalries in it.
as a dayton football fan i like it but it logistically makes no sense. would love to see a lot off these possible matchups!

blow up all conferences. Go to districts with mandatory scheduling

blow up all districts. Get rid of regular season. Lose week 1, your season is over. Practices can begin in June. Scrimmages can begin as early as July. Force the 5 biggest schools in Ohio to split into two teams. since there are 443 high school teams, those 5 extra teams will make it 448. Now, there can be 7 divisional tournaments of 64 teams. In the first year, seeding is based on program win percentage, which is calculated and approved by the OHSAA. Ties result in team with most state championships, yes Massilon including pre-playoff championships. The following years seeding will be determined by team performance the year prior(1st criteria, placing. 2nd criteria, wins in main bracket. 3rd criteria, wins in consolation bracket. 4th criteria, games won by running clock year prior. 5th criteria, coin flip). Consolation brackets also are available for teams that have lost in the main bracket and are willing to play, but refusal to play will result in punishment by OHSAA (Athletic Director will not receive an invitation to Jerry Snodgrass’ birthday party). I think this is the only logical and realistic way to play the high school football season.

blow up all districts. Get rid of regular season. Lose week 1, your season is over. Practices can begin in June. Scrimmages can begin as early as July. Force the 5 biggest schools in Ohio to split into two teams. since there are 443 high school teams, those 5 extra teams will make it 448. Now, there can be 7 divisional tournaments of 64 teams. In the first year, seeding is based on program win percentage, which is calculated and approved by the OHSAA. Ties result in team with most state championships, yes Massilon including pre-playoff championships. The following years seeding will be determined by team performance the year prior(1st criteria, placing. 2nd criteria, wins in main bracket. 3rd criteria, wins in consolation bracket. 4th criteria, games won by running clock year prior. 5th criteria, coin flip). Consolation brackets also are available for teams that have lost in the main bracket and are willing to play, but refusal to play will result in punishment by OHSAA (Athletic Director will not receive an invitation to Jerry Snodgrass’ birthday party). I think this is the only logical and realistic way to play the high school football season.

A little overboard.

True, MP was a little better this year but it would be nice to get some more competition in the south. Not sure where to get it though ?
you're exactly right haha, east Clinton could at least be.. competitive (in the south). gives greeneview good rival and they have played Cedarville recently as well as a yearly jamboree with southeastern

I’ve always thought that a conference like this would be able to eventually compete with our neighbors to the west (MAC):

WL-Salem
Mechanicsburg
West Jefferson
North Union
Fairbanks
Marion Pleasant
Bishop Ready
Kenton Ridge or Shawnee

logistically, it makes as much sense as the OHC.

I’ve always thought that a conference like this would be able to eventually compete with our neighbors to the west (MAC):

WL-Salem
Mechanicsburg
West Jefferson
North Union
Fairbanks
Marion Pleasant
Bishop Ready
Kenton Ridge or Shawnee

kenton ridge or shawnee in a league with pleasant isn’t working haha but you’re on to something.. personally i’d say Kenton if they were smaller but they’re not

WL-Salem
Mechanicsburg
West Jefferson
North Union
Fairbanks
Marion Pleasant
Bishop Ready
Kenton Ridge or Shawnee

It would not be quite as strong, but what I'd love to see starting ASAP would be

Mechanicsburg
WLS
West Jeff
North Union
Fairbanks
Triad
Madison Plains
Bishop Ready - I do have some concern about allowing privates in

I kind of think this new league would have a chance
Logistics make more sense than the OHC
Like the 8 team format instead of cross over bs and too many league games in winter/spring sports

kenton ridge or shawnee in a league with pleasant isn’t working haha but you’re on to something.. personally i’d say Kenton if they were smaller but they’re not

Only an hour drive for KR. Shorter than many trips the current OHC & CBC have to make.

It would not be quite as strong, but what I'd love to see starting ASAP would be

Mechanicsburg
WLS
West Jeff
North Union
Fairbanks
Triad
Madison Plains

Like the 8 team format instead of cross over bs and too many league games in winter/spring sports

I'm just not sold on Madison Plains quite yet. Triad is one who I would hate to lose from a rivalry standpoint, but from a competition standpoint - they seem to be heading in the wrong direction in nearly all sports (for the foreseeable future).

Mechanicsburg
WLS
West Jeff
North Union
Fairbanks
Triad
Madison Plains

Another option would be adding a few former WCOC teams. The problem would be for your Indians, they would be by far the smallest school in the conference.

WLS
Mechanicsburg
West Jefferson
North Union
Fairbanks
Indian Lake
Benjamin Logan
Triad/Ready/Pleasant

I like going east. Burg and WLS have gone west, they've gone south, there isn't much to the north....but to the east there are some quality similarly sized schools.

Regarding the WLS, Mechanicsburg, West Jeff, etc proposed league there would be less than a 1% chance that Bishop Ready would be interested, especially for all sports. Ready would balk at this proposed league for football only as well. Ready gets it's kids mostly from the Westside of Columbus and Grove City - they are city/urban kids & families. West Jeff would be the only close opponent and even then Ready thinks going to West Jeff (less than 12 miles from Bishop Ready HS) is the middle of no where. Based on the current OHC teams and from a football perspective, the only addition that I find interesting would be Marion Pleasant. Pleasant may have been a bit down the last few seasons but they still make the playoffs most years and have great tradition.

Another option would be adding a few former WCOC teams. The problem would be for your Indians, they would be by far the smallest school in the conference.

WLS
Mechanicsburg
West Jefferson
North Union
Fairbanks
Indian Lake
Benjamin Logan
Triad/Ready/Pleasant

I like going east. Burg and WLS have gone west, they've gone south, there isn't much to the north....but to the east there are some quality similarly sized schools.
id look into Grandview heights to get Ready interested, solid program and fits size wise. also very nice community

WLS
Mechanicsburg
West Jefferson
North Union
Fairbanks
Indian Lake
Benjamin Logan
Triad/Ready/Pleasant

I can tell you that the Burg as now and for several years out will not join a league with Indian Lake or Ben Logan for many many reasons. those bus rides suck worse than going to Jamestown or Cedarville, the only old WCOC team I personally would consider is Riverside. I'd be fine with out Ready not a fan of those type schools anyway.

I can tell you that the Burg as now and for several years out will not join a league with Indian Lake or Ben Logan for many many reasons. those bus rides suck worse than going to Jamestown or Cedarville, the only old WCOC team I personally would consider is Riverside. I'd be fine with out Ready not a fan of those type schools anyway.
as a burg guy are you ok going to Columbus then? actually want your opinion on that. ben Logan is an awful drive, but I didn't mind Indian Lake when Greenon was in the CBC.

Way more ok going to Columbus I can be to New Albany quicker than to Indian Lake from 60 High St, Mechanicsburg. More options for opponents, thats where we go to shop, eat out, find entertainment. Good kind of different for our student athletes. And as far as those 2 teams in Logan county why would we join up with schools that have double or more of our enrollment? We can just play JA in a non league if thats what we want

Way more ok going to Columbus I can be to New Albany quicker than to Indian Lake from 60 High St, Mechanicsburg. More options for opponents, thats where we go to shop, eat out, find entertainment. Good kind of different for our student athletes. And as far as those 2 teams in Logan county why would we join up with schools that have double or more of our enrollment? We can just play JA in a non league if thats what we want
Mechanicsburg vs Alder or London are very intriguing matchups to me. and it's not a bad drive either. heck I don't even mind driving to either of those communities, especially Plain City (Der Dutchman is a go-too)