Conference Changes You Would Like to See

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
whether it be adding a team, subtracting a team, merging two leagues, or a completely new league, let’s hear it!

GCL, add St. I, St. Ed, Hoban and Toledo Central Catholic.

Play 2 home and 2 away each year.

That would have the GCL teams with a sure 7 game schedule each year, and leave room for local teams that still want to play.
so you propose a GCL “big school” league of TCC, Akron Hoban, St Ed’s, St Iggy, Moeller, La Salle, Elder, and St X?

MAC:
Add LCC and Fort Laramie. Fort Laramie is in a bad conference and LCC has no conference at all. Both are good programs with bright futures.

WBL:
Bring in Lima Senior and take out Bath. Bath can join the NWC or somewhere they can compete in. Bath sports have been horrendous in the WBL the past few years and there is nothing that makes you think it will get better. Lima Senior has to travel an hour and a half for every conference game but Findlay. They also are competitive in football, basketball and track. The WBL doesn’t have many teams that are like Lima Senior football wise, and they would add a different element to the league.

Trotwood needs to leave the GWOC and become independent. Trotwood almost missed the playoffs this past year because the GWOC was so down

MAC:
Add LCC and Fort Laramie. Fort Laramie is in a bad conference and LCC has no conference at all. Both are good programs with bright futures.

WBL:
Bring in Lima Senior and take out Bath. Bath can join the NWC or somewhere they can compete in. Bath sports have been horrendous in the WBL the past few years and there is nothing that makes you think it will get better. Lima Senior has to travel an hour and a half for every conference game but Findlay. They also are competitive in football, basketball and track. The WBL doesn’t have many teams that are like Lima Senior football wise, and they would add a different element to the league.

Trotwood needs to leave the GWOC and become independent. Trotwood almost missed the playoffs this past year because the GWOC was so down
Trotwood: will be independent next year
Fort Loramie: will be independent next year
LCC: i myself like the idea but on the MAC thread, they dislike the idea a lot
Lima Senior: this is interesting. i really like it but who knows if Lima is willing to play D3-4 schools? again, one to keep an eye on.

Would love to see the Mid-State League(-Cardinal) to tell Fairfield Christian to go club or leave. L2 points hell. Would really want to see Grandview Heights or Liberty Union take their place.

In a make-believe world: would love to see Springfield Cath, Zanesville Rosecrans, Lancaster Fisher, Sidney Lehman, Fremont St Joe and Norwalk St Paul have some football playing arrangement going. That, or Lancaster FC, Tuscawaras Cath, Parkersburg Cath (WV), Clarksburg Notre Dame (WV), Charleston Cath (WV), Weirton Madonna (WV) and Steubenville Cath have something together.

Would love to see the Mid-State League(-Cardinal) to tell Fairfield Christian to go club or leave. L2 points hell. Would really want to see Grandview Heights or Liberty Union take their place.

In a make-believe world: would love to see Springfield Cath, Zanesville Rosecrans, Lancaster Fisher, Sidney Lehman, Fremont St Joe and Norwalk St Paul have some football playing arrangement going. That, or Lancaster FC, Tuscawaras Cath, Parkersburg Cath (WV), Clarksburg Notre Dame (WV), Charleston Cath (WV), Weirton Madonna (WV) and Steubenville Cath have something together.
small school catholic league? love the idea but travel is hell.

MAC:

WBL:

If there was room in the MAC for Fort Loramie in all sports they'd already have a contract in front of them. As for LCC, absolutely not. If LCC was one division higher, I'd make a point to petition to join the WBL.

Lima senior replacing Bath sounds good to me. Bath would do fine in the NWC.

Trotwood is becoming an independent I believe next season.

As for me I thought Lima Senior and the former GWOC North would be a decent fit. Some may disagree. I would call the league the Western Interstate Conference

Lima Senior
Sidney
Piqua
Troy
Tippecanoe
Greenville
Vandalia Butler

Now for an 8th, I got flack last time for suggesting Wapakoneta should be team #8 so maybe Bellefontaine could fill that spot.

NWCC: Ridgedale and Crestline join in all sports. I can see consolidation folding this Conference eventually.

Western Ohio Athletic Conference/Three Rivers Conference: CCC will be defunct in 2021 so I'll refer to those conferences. Bradford consolidating with Covington who will be in the TRC. How long will Lehman still be around?

Green Meadows - add Crestview, Paulding, Spencerville, Delphos Jefferson, Lincolnview (no football)

Northwest Confernce - gets renamed when Allen East, Ada, Bluffton, Columbus Grove link up with Leipsic, Liberty Benton, McComb, Van Buren, possibly Arlington, Pandora Gilboa, Riverdale. Patrick Henry doubtful here. It'd be Hopewell Loudon in the BVC part 2. While Leipsic would be a natural neighboring rivalry, they'd always be the outsider.

NWCC - gets renamed when it goes 8 man and adds Arcadia, Cory Rawson, North Baltimore, and Vanlue. Arlington, Pandora, Riverdale are possibilities here too.

Last edited:
Green Meadows - add Crestview, Paulding, Spencerville, Delphos Jefferson, Lincolnview (no football)

Northwest Confernce - gets renamed when Allen East, Ada, Bluffton, Columbus Grove link up with Leipsic, Liberty Benton, McComb, Van Buren, possibly Arlington, Pandora Gilboa, Riverdale. Patrick Henry doubtful here. It'd be Hopewell Loudon in the BVC part 2. While Leipsic would be a natural neighboring rivalry, they'd always be the outsider.

NWCC - gets renamed when it goes 8 man and adds Arcadia, Cory Rawson, North Baltimore, and Vanlue. Arlington, Pandora, Riverdale are possibilities here too.

Arlington, Pandora and Riverdale???? That makes no sense. The BVC will be just fine when/if the really small schools go 8-man.

NWC is way too stable for any teams right now to want to leave. Every school is fairly close in size, travel isn't bad, and compared to the other small school leagues in the area, the NWC across the board has unbeatable facilities. The only changes I can see possibly happening to the NWC are the additions of some larger BVC schools when the small ones start dropping 11 man football, or maybe add a Patrick Henry or Parkway that would be similar sized competitive schools

MAC:

WBL:

For the MAC:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to LCC. NO.

Ft Loramie, I could agree with it.

As for me I thought Lima Senior and the former GWOC North would be a decent fit. Some may disagree. I would call the league the Western Interstate Conference

Lima Senior
Sidney
Piqua
Troy
Tippecanoe
Greenville
Vandalia Butler

Now for an 8th, I got flack last time for suggesting Wapakoneta should be team #8 so maybe Bellefontaine could fill that spot.

As a Wapak fan, I would love for this. The majority of the WBL are bad in there lone non conference games, so that hurts Harbins. Also, in this setup, Wapak will have three non conference games so they can keep their rivalry with St. Mary’s, and then fill it with two other harbin cows. I just know that the WBL is very stable and with the history Wapak would never leave it.

But I am a fan of this idea. All the schools are a straight shot down 75 except for Greenville. They feel like an outlier based on geography but there are no schools to replace unless you want Lima Shawnee? They just don’t feel like a fit at all though.

For the MAC:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to LCC. NO.

Ft Loramie, I could agree with it.

I never quite get why the MAC posters are against LCC joining. They already have a private school in St. John’s, and LCC is closer than Delphos is to about every MAC school but maybe Parkway. Heck, I say let St. John’s go join Jefferson in the NWC to give them 10 teams. Then, let Anna, Fort Laramie and LCC join for all sports to give the MAC 11 teams in football and 12 in all other sports.

Why is all the MAC people against LCC joining? Just curious
This is my opinion:

**What is not broke doesn't need fixed. Added Anna to fix the odd number of teams and scheduling nightmares weeks 2-10.
**Travel: We don't need to add that travel into the equation from the JH on up.
**Changing landscape. You do not know what you are going to get from them, enrollment wise, from years to years. At least with DSJ the same kids you play in JH are generally the same ones you go against on varsity.
**Add too many teams and you then have a scheduling issue with and have to with not playing TWO league teams in FB instead of just one right now.
**Small town/community feel. The MAC is full of small town country bumpkins and adding a 'city school' just isn't a fit.

This is my opinion:

**What is not broke doesn't need fixed. Added Anna to fix the odd number of teams and scheduling nightmares weeks 2-10.
**Travel: We don't need to add that travel into the equation from the JH on up.
**Changing landscape. You do not know what you are going to get from them, enrollment wise, from years to years. At least with DSJ the same kids you play in JH are generally the same ones you go against on varsity.
**Add too many teams and you then have a scheduling issue with and have to with not playing TWO league teams in FB instead of just one right now.
**Small town/community feel. The MAC is full of small town country bumpkins and adding a 'city school' just isn't a fit.
Makes sense!

As a Wapak fan, I would love for this. The majority of the WBL are bad in there lone non conference games, so that hurts Harbins. Also, in this setup, Wapak will have three non conference games so they can keep their rivalry with St. Mary’s, and then fill it with two other harbin cows. I just know that the WBL is very stable and with the history Wapak would never leave it.

But I am a fan of this idea. All the schools are a straight shot down 75 except for Greenville. They feel like an outlier based on geography but there are no schools to replace unless you want Lima Shawnee? They just don’t feel like a fit at all though.
Greenville would be an outlier. There's really nowhere else for them to go that makes sense. Again this is all hypothetical.

I never quite get why the MAC posters are against LCC joining. They already have a private school in St. John’s, and LCC is closer than Delphos is to about every MAC school but maybe Parkway. Heck, I say let St. John’s go join Jefferson in the NWC to give them 10 teams. Then, let Anna, Fort Laramie and LCC join for all sports to give the MAC 11 teams in football and 12 in all other sports.
I think 11 football schools would be a detriment more than a positive. Now I like St Johns. They've been a productive member of the league for many years. I know they're not what they once were and their enrollment isnt increasing but I still dont want to see them leave the Conference. I always opine for Parkway to join the NWC but that's just my opinion.

If there was room in the MAC for Fort Loramie in all sports they'd already have a contract in front of them. As for LCC, absolutely not. If LCC was one division higher, I'd make a point to petition to join the WBL.

Lima senior replacing Bath sounds good to me. Bath would do fine in the NWC.

Trotwood is becoming an independent I believe next season.

I think FL would go if Anna would go with them. I don't think FL would go on their own, but if the MAC offered Anna/Loramie as a package deal i think both schools would pack their bags and go.

Then i think the remaining SCAL teams join the NWCC--most of those teams play those schools anyways. If that happens Riverside/lehman will bolt from their new conference and join that one.

Waynesfield
Ridgemont
Botkins
Jackson Center
Fairlawn
Houston
USV
Riverside
Lehman
Hardin Northern
Lima Temple Christian
Perry

I think FL would go if Anna would go with them. I don't think FL would go on their own, but if the MAC offered Anna/Loramie as a package deal i think both schools would pack their bags and go.

Then i think the remaining SCAL teams join the NWCC--most of those teams play those schools anyways. If that happens Riverside/lehman will bolt from their new conference and join that one.

Waynesfield
Ridgemont
Botkins
Jackson Center
Fairlawn
Houston
USV
Riverside
Lehman
Hardin Northern
Lima Temple Christian
Perry
I agree. It'd have to be both FL and Anna. As for that NWCC scenario, I don't see Lehman and Riverside running back to them considering they're trying to bolt from them and there's only 7 football members there in that scenario. I dont see it.

NE8...
Kick out Jefferson Area and coax Salem to come over from the EBC.

Poland Seminary
South Range
Struthers
Hubbard
Girard
Niles McKinley
Lakeview
Salem

I know it's unlikely... but that would be a really strong conference. Jefferson has no business being in the NE8. There are multiple schools in the AAC, MVAC, and EOAC that would put up more of a fight than them.

How about a little bit of the old AAC coming back
Steubenville
Massillon
Harding
And add Fitch and Boardman

NE8...
Kick out Jefferson Area and coax Salem to come over from the EBC.

Poland Seminary
South Range
Struthers
Hubbard
Girard
Niles McKinley
Lakeview
Salem

I know it's unlikely... but that would be a really strong conference. Jefferson has no business being in the NE8. There are multiple schools in the AAC, MVAC, and EOAC that would put up more of a fight than them.
How about this.... Kick Jefferson out and the EBC And NE8 will play a 7 team league weeks 4-9. Week 10 the 1st NE8 team plays the EBC champ and the 2nd place play each other, etc.