Random TV/Movie news.

Since this is also a place for entertainment news Disney is going through some personnel changes and one of the bigger moves was firing MCU Producer Victoria Alonso:

In true Hollywood fashion there are all kind of different takes on why this happened, I guess it depends on where you sit:

• Disney Studios: She breached her contract by spending time at a rival studio on another project.
  • Alonso: Being a Lesbian Latina this is Disney silencing the voice of a strong member of this community.
  • Fans: Recent MCU product for the most part stinks, especially the SFXs of which that is Alonso's responsibilities.

It is more like Bob Iger is taking Disney back over and needs to cut salaries and stream line product; while if things were good Victoria Alonso's breach of contract would have been ignored but the lawyers figured this could make for a justifiable reason and thus a good candidate to get axed.

Also it is being reported today Ike Perlmutter, the chairman of Marvel Entertainment who’s had a volatile tenure at Disney, was among the latest round of job cuts at the entertainment giant. His situation is the opposite of Alonso's, he is fairly conservative and was against some of the changes made to Marvel characters when they went from print to film. Also backed an activist investor for a seat on the Disney Board. Marvel Entertainment is separate from Marvel Studios, it is focused largely on comics, video game licensing and live-action shows.

Last edited:
long overdue with Perlmutter, who was a known bigot and sexist.

He was a driving force behind the delay in female and minority led MCU movies. There's even a story about how he refused to let them make Black Widow toys leading up to the first Avengers movie.

Last edited:
long overdue with Perlmutter, who was a known bigot and sexist.

He was a driving force behind the delay in female and minority led MCU movies. There's even a story about how he refused to let them make Black Widow toys leading up to the first Avengers movie.
Yeah he was one of those misogynistic corporate raider types that is only worried about $s, his ties to notable conservatives like Trump & Netanyahu really do not align w/ Disney either. But if looking at only $s he might be correct, things profit wise are not doing well at Marvel Studios as evident by all the belt tightening that is going on right now.

On the flip side there are rumors Gina Carano may be coming back. Favreau & Filoni liked working with her and thought the firing was handled poorly; they are trying to find a way to ease her back in without causing a fire storm. Either way a lot is happening at Disney and it will be interesting to see how the product looks in 2024 and beyond.

Bob Barker's role in Happy Gilmore was meant for Ed McMahon.

"We… and Bob knows this. We initially wrote it for Ed McMahon. Ed McMahon said he was busy and we, we were, we were like, imagine if Bob Barker did it, he'll never do it. Next thing you know, Bob Barker, whose neighbor was Chuck Norris at the time and Chuck and Bob used to spar, was like, ‘Yeah, if I get to fight, if I get to throw punches, I'm doing it.’"