College hoops 18-19

14Red

There doesn't seem to be much noise on college basketball, so I'll start this thread, not for a team or conference, but just this season in general.

So Duke is very talented and deep, with some great freshman, but before we automatically hand over the championship to them, Gonzaga knocked the off last week.

Should be pretty compelling. Villanova got drilled by Michigan State to start the season, so they may be due to drop back a step or two, although Jay Wright will certainly have his team ready by the end of the season.

I'm an IU fan so I'll tend to post more on them than others. The big ten should be a race between Michigan State, Michigan and possibly Purdue.

Not Purdue and wouldn't rule out Indiana as they are hardly at their most developed. They'll grow through the season.

Michigan might not be touchable.

A little rocky start for the Hoosiers, winning tight 2 point wins over Northwestern and Penn State, first at home, second on the road. But 2-0 is 2-0. Nice win Saturday vs. Louisville, it's been since 2002 since IU beat Louisville, so a really nice win.
IU, who just cracked the top 25 for the first time this season, has Butler this weekend, then the Christmas cakewalks before moving back into the big ten schedule after the first of the year.
Thoughts to date...
Romeo Langford is the real deal. He's as polished of freshman that has ever been in Bloomington and there's been a bunch of them.
Juwan Morgan is our most important player. His ability to stay out of fould trouble is key for this teams success.
Quietly, Robert Phinesse is growing each game. He's got a very smooth, quiet way about him. Unlike Langford, Phinesse will be a 3-4 year player.
This team really defends, and on a team that struggles to score at times, they can bring the defense every day.

This team is off to a good start, and hopefully can make some noise at the top of the big ten.