College Football Week One

I can't believe it's still an automatic ejection for targeting. What a stupid rule.

Endzone camera looked like he led with the shoulder anyhow. Definitely screwed. But that guy ejected in the Cinci game, he needed to go. Don't know how you ref intent though. :shrug:

LSU is a completely different animal with a real QB. They always have the horses, and now defenses have to respect the pass. Joey B is accurate and on time, and managing the game exquisitely. Would have much better numbers too if not for at least three drops.

The fact that this guy and Haskins both sat behind a crap QB like Barrett is a travesty

Meyer will probably bench him if he gets close to any of JT's records

There were def some timing issues with Burrow and that is to be expected, so I would expect him to improve greatly this year and especially next year.

I thought Burrow used the pocket really well. It collapsed rather quickly but he didn't lose composure, stayed in it. No INTs, played it safe instead of stats. I think he'll do well

The SEC west is back to being a monster with LSU, Auburn and Alabama all looking capable of going to the playoff. Whichever makes it out of that, then will get a very good Georgia team. It makes you wonder why Alabama is such a heavy favorite to win it all. While they look to be the best and their history warrants that distinction, they have to get through Aurburn, LSU and Georgia.

Still early and because NCAA doesn't have some sort of scrimmage schedule for football it is tough to start sort everything out until you get at least 3-4 games into the schedule.

The SEC west is back to being a monster with LSU, Auburn and Alabama all looking capable of going to the playoff. Whichever makes it out of that, then will get a very good Georgia team. It makes you wonder why Alabama is such a heavy favorite to win it all. While they look to be the best and their history warrants that distinction, they have to get through Aurburn, LSU and Georgia.
Alabama should be a heavy favorite IMO due to actually having a QB that appears to be legit instead of just a game manager. He takes them to an entirely different level offensively.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Miami was in the top 25 in attendance last season.

That is surprising, quite honestly, because that suburban stadium often appears to be dead and empty...even during the Dolphins games.

I know their booster club can't be all that active, because I got my tickets to the OSU over Miami Fiesta Bowl natty game by joining their booster club for $300 the Monday after OSU beat Michigan and clinched a spot in the game. The girl taking my phone application remarked that she didn't realize the Canes had so many fans in Ohio, and they were being flooded with new members from Ohio -- haha.

I was surprised by it too honestly. And just out of curiosity I went back a bit to see how their attendance has fared over the years.

2017: 58,682
2016: 58,572
2015: 47,561
2014: 52,518
2013: 53,837
2012: 47,719
2011: 48,654
2010: 52,575
2009: 47,551
2008: 46,299
2007: 43,589
2006: 41,908

Fairly mediocre overall, but it looks like Richt and his success so far has given the program and its fanbase a much needed shot in the arm. I also wonder how much the stadium renovation has played a part. It was completed before the 2016 season.

They have to be counting tickets sold/distributed, not actual people through the turnstiles.

The majority of the time their home games look like they have maybe 50% attendance at best. When the weather sucks, it's probably more like 25%.

That's probably true, though in fairness that's how virtually all schools and franchises count "attendance".

They have to be counting tickets sold/distributed, not actual people through the turnstiles.

The majority of the time their home games look like they have maybe 50% attendance at best. When the weather sucks, it's probably more like 25%.

Actually in the big warm weather coastal cities that have FBS teams it is when the weather is good that they suffer. USC, UCLA, & Miami all lose butts in the seats to students heading to the beach to get some more time in before the short winter days kick in.