College Football 2022-2023

I didn’t figure it would cuz you’re stupid 🤷🏿
Well, if you want to draw conclusions from non-playoff bowl games, hopefully you’re keeping close watch of the postseason NIT to figure out which college basketball conference is best. One’s about as irrelevant as the other.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Notre Dame is 5-4 in bowl games over the past 10 seasons, so the “rarely wins bowl games” narrative is antiquated at best.

Notre Dame is 5-4 in bowl games over the past 10 seasons, so the “rarely wins bowl games” narrative is antiquated at best.

Actually they are 5-5 in the last ten seasons. Math also difficult for you?
And they lost nine straight starting in 1995.

I haven’t seen you make a coherent contribution to the college football forum all year. Just a continual stream of Mr. Champion bashing and occasional biased OSU comments. Sad.

That’s because you’re blinded by your ignorance.

My bad, I was thinking about their record in major bowl games, the kind Ohio state plays in every year.

Actually they are 5-5 in the last ten seasons. Math also difficult for you?
And they lost nine straight starting in 1995.
They’re 5-4 in the last 10 seasons. They didn’t go to a bowl game in the 2016 season.

Ohio State has one CFP win the past eight seasons and Day has the program trending downward, so OSU’s big bowl success is going to start getting long in the tooth soon.

18 of Ohio States last 20 bowl games were major bowls where they went 11-9. That’s pretty good. Better than ND.ND over the same time period played in 8 major bowls losing them all. And I think last year was the only close loss.

18 of Ohio States last 20 bowl games were major bowls where they went 11-9. That’s pretty good. Better than ND.ND over the same time period played in 8 major bowls losing them all. And I think last year was the only close loss.
I don’t care, I’m still optimistic about where Notre Dame is headed as soon as next season.

By the way, you can post Bowl records, but at the end of the day, Ohio State has one national title in the past 20 seasons, while Bama has 6, LSU 3, Clemson 2, Florida 2, Georgia 2 in about a week, and USC 2. And that’s with Ohio State having ample opportunities due to playing in a pedestrian conference. So OSU is looking up at several other programs and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

I don’t care, I’m still optimistic about where Notre Dame is headed as soon as next season.

By the way, you can post Bowl records, but at the end of the day, Ohio State has one national title in the past 20 seasons, while Bama has 6, LSU 3, Clemson 2, Florida 2, Georgia 2 in about a week, and USC 2. And that’s with Ohio State having ample opportunities due to playing in a pedestrian conference. So OSU is looking up at several other programs and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Looking up at 2 other teams, bama and Georgia. And a great last 50 years of success.

Not sure if this has been addressed here but the ratings for the CFP semis were best since 2015. Some are saying it was the Saturday date while others were saying it was because they were good games but the marketing folks are pointing to the fact there were two B1G teams in the playoffs with big northern metro markets tuning in at a higher rate then in the past.

Not sure if this has been addressed here but the ratings for the CFP semis were best since 2015. Some are saying it was the Saturday date while others were saying it was because they were good games but the marketing folks are pointing to the fact there were two B1G teams in the playoffs with big northern metro markets tuning in at a higher rate then in the past.
Well, you had the SE markets, MW/Eastern markets and Texas markets all invested. That’s a good start.

Well, you had the SE markets, MW/Eastern markets and Texas markets all invested. That’s a good start.
The SE will always tune in for NCAA football but outside of Texas, Georgia & Florida there are not a lot of total #s, Clemson is notorious for underperforming when it comes to ratings. While TCU is in Texas it is not a big draw either as a smallish private school. Another factor I forgot to mention about the ratings is sports gambling and basically everything from IL to NY now has legal gambling. On the marketing side we see a nice pop as folks get invested in the games financially and they definitely tune in and watch in real time to see how they are doing or to jump in on prop bets.

There was no doubt there was going to be great ratings. Two major fan bases it the midwest in Michigan and Ohio State. Georgia pulls the south audience, holiday weekend and on Saturday with most of America off Sunday for the holiday. Perfect storm.

And they were GREAT games. The fact still remains that the big ten is very weak, the SEC will win yet another national title - with 3 different schools over the last few years.

I can't wait for the expanded playoffs to see 4 SEC teams in the final 4. Then what are you going to say?

And in the last 21 seasons they’ve won 2.
How many teams have won titles in all three major eras?
Those being the poll era, the BCS era, and the playoff era?
Ohio State is one of three teams, along with Alabama and LSU.

They’re 5-4 in the last 10 seasons. They didn’t go to a bowl game in the 2016 season.

You are correct.
But you included the win over Rutgers in 2013 at the Pinstripe Bowl. I thought they were a BIG TEN patsy and those wins didn’t count. ;)

And people continue to wonder why I bash OSU. They’ve accomplished nothing outside of beating Clemson since 2014 while the southeast continues to rule

There was no doubt there was going to be great ratings. Two major fan bases it the midwest in Michigan and Ohio State. Georgia pulls the south audience, holiday weekend and on Saturday with most of America off Sunday for the holiday. Perfect storm.

And they were GREAT games. The fact still remains that the big ten is very weak, the SEC will win yet another national title - with 3 different schools over the last few years.

I can't wait for the expanded playoffs to see 4 SEC teams in the final 4. Then what are you going to say?
Are you AEW 's brother?

Pac 12 was easily the second-best conference. Two meaningless bowl games yesterday don’t change my opinion on that.

Yean right, Utah was not trying to win. Athletes want to compete no matter the situation and SC had their Heisman trophy QB playing don't give me this they didn't care.

Last edited:
The game changed when Utah lost their QB. Same with OSU losing Stover and Harrison. Both cases, the healthier team won.
2nd year in a row the Utah QB got hurt in the RB, he can't handle the physicality of the Big Ten plus PSU was playing without both starting tackles and still ran all over Utah. OSU defense is not good but the PAC teams defense is worse.

Backing up my claim that the Cotton Bowl was a yawner of a matchup that no one cared about, the USC-Tulane game drew an anemic 4.2 million viewership number, on a day when most Americans were off work. In fact, it was out-watched by the LSU-Purdue Cheez-It Bowl in the same timeslot, which LSU won 63-7.

USC-Tulane was also watched by fewer people than the Gator Bowl (ND-South Carolina) and Alamo Bowl (Texas-Washington). That almost assuredly goes down as the least-watched NY6 bowl game ever. Just as you can’t fool fans by feigning importance of a game, the players are in the same boat. They’re human beings, too.

The Rose Bowl also had by far its lowest viewership since TV ratings tracked such things. The Penn State-Utah matchup drew 10.2 million viewers, down more than 6 million from last year’s Ohio State-Utah game and down 3.4 million from the previous low of 13.6 million, 2015 season’s Stanford-Iowa game.

This is further evidence that ESPN can do everything in its power to treat the Rose Bowl with the reverence that CBS treats Augusta National, but if you don’t have the championship or high stakes to go along with the venue, people really don’t care. Penn State-Utah was essentially an exhibition not altogether unlike the Wednesday Par 3 Contest the day before The Masters begins.

Backing up my claim that the Cotton Bowl was a yawner of a matchup that no one cared about, the USC-Tulane game drew an anemic 4.2 million viewership number, on a day when most Americans were off work. In fact, it was out-watched by the LSU-Purdue Cheez-It Bowl in the same timeslot, which LSU won 63-7.

USC-Tulane was also watched by fewer people than the Gator Bowl (ND-South Carolina) and Alamo Bowl (Texas-Washington). That almost assuredly goes down as the least-watched NY6 bowl game ever. Just as you can’t fool fans by feigning importance of a game, the players are in the same boat. They’re human beings, too.

The Rose Bowl also had by far its lowest viewership since TV ratings tracked such things. The Penn State-Utah matchup drew 10.2 million viewers, down more than 6 million from last year’s Ohio State-Utah game and down 3.4 million from the previous low of 13.6 million, 2015 season’s Stanford-Iowa game.

This is further evidence that ESPN can do everything in its power to treat the Rose Bowl with the reverence that CBS treats Augusta National, but if you don’t have the championship or high stakes to go along with the venue, people really don’t care. Penn State-Utah was essentially an exhibition not altogether unlike the Wednesday Par 3 Contest the day before The Masters begins.

You just can't admit when you are wrong, or you try to deflect. None of this has any bearing on the games, don't tell me Williams and USC did not want to win the Cotton Bowl. You are a very small man.

It's true, it's true. Trust me LOL

Yep, it was the fact that UM and OSU were involved. Typically New Year’s Eve is a bad football viewing day/night.

That’s because no one ever watches the PAC-12. I mean hell, their conference championship had 3.5m less viewers than the Big 12 and that was still the most ever watched Pac12 championship game ever.

Also lol at comparing it to two games involving two of the largest fan bases in College Football in ND and Texas.

I get this is a foreign concept to you, as a ND fan who watched his favorite P5-level team lose to 2 mid-majors in consecutive years, but no playoff caliber team wants to end the season on a loss to a G5 team. It’s embarrassing for their resume the following year. And if you think the previous year has zero bearing, you’re naive.

Last edited:
2nd year in a row the Utah QB got hurt in the RB, he can't handle the physicality of the Big Ten
Pretty dumb comment coming from someone who lamented that JSN, TreVeyon Henderson, Miyan Williams, etc. were unavailable or banged up all year long. I guess they can’t handle the physicality of college football, huh?

Rising’s knee injury came in their first USC game, so if anything you’d have to credit the physicality of the Pac 12 if you wanted to absurdly attribute injuries to conference opponents.

The “physicality of the Big Ten” nonsense had the air let out of it by TCU. That thought is flailing through the air haphazardly like a filled balloon that just had its knot untied. Citing “the physicality of the Big Ten” and beating your chest about re-tweaking an existing injury comes off like the Big Bad Wolf saying he’s going to huff and puff and blow the pigs’ house down, and then he fails. Embarrassing.

2nd year in a row the Utah QB got hurt in the RB, he can't handle the physicality of the Big Ten plus PSU was playing without both starting tackles and still ran all over Utah. OSU defense is not good but the PAC teams defense is worse.
The Utah, Penn State game was tied when Rising left the game. If he were able to play he would have kept the Utes defense off the field. The pressure on the Utes D to try and carry the game was beyond their capabilities. The Utes chances of winning the game went out the window once Rising got hurt.

The Utah, Penn State game was tied when Rising left the game. If he were able to play he would have kept the Utes defense off the field. The pressure on the Utes D to try and carry the game was beyond their capabilities. The Utes chances of winning the game went out the window once Rising got hurt.
I believe PSU was leading 21 - 14 when Rising was knocked out of the RB for the 2nd year in a row. Again PSU was playing without both starting tackles, not an ideal situation.

Pretty dumb comment coming from someone who lamented that JSN, TreVeyon Henderson, Miyan Williams, etc. were unavailable or banged up all year long. I guess they can’t handle the physicality of college football, huh?

Rising’s knee injury came in their first USC game, so if anything you’d have to credit the physicality of the Pac 12 if you wanted to absurdly attribute injuries to conference opponents.

The “physicality of the Big Ten” nonsense had the air let out of it by TCU. That thought is flailing through the air haphazardly like a filled balloon that just had its knot untied. Citing “the physicality of the Big Ten” and beating your chest about re-tweaking an existing injury comes off like the Big Bad Wolf saying he’s going to huff and puff and blow the pigs’ house down, and then he fails. Embarrassing.

The BIG Ten has its faults but it is a better conference than the PAC 12 and you will be proven wrong again when USC and UCLA join the BIG. They wont dominate not with those defenses, UCLA gave up 37 pts to a career back up QB and SC's defense is beyond bad.