College Football 2022-2023

Heart is never overrated. What has mattered here is mistakes. O'Connel pulling the ball on the read option because he's focused on his fav WR when the RB had two blockers and a clear field around end. The DL jumping. And twice, the secondary pulling off their coverage because the UM QB is on the run and he's dumped it over the heads, as designed.
No, talent matters more.

Heart is never overrated. What has mattered here is mistakes. O'Connel pulling the ball on the read option because he's focused on his fav WR when the RB had two blockers and a clear field around end. The DL jumping. And twice, the secondary pulling off their coverage because the UM QB is on the run and he's dumped it over the heads, as designed.
The offsides (on FG) in the 1st half gave TTUN a TD.

Last edited:
No, talent matters more.
You said "no" to a completely different subject than one on talent. I did not provide a relative comparison of which matters "more." I commented on the absolute value of "heart" and made no comment on talent. But let's go there. Talent without the will to use it when going gets tough, loses. Everytime.

Heart is NEVER overrated. Pure darwinism.

You said "no" to a completely different subject than one on talent. I did not provide a relative comparison of which matters "more." I commented on the absolute value of "heart" and made no comment on talent. But let's go there. Talent without the will to use it when going gets tough, loses. Everytime.

Heart is overrated compared to talent. All those try hards on Purdue couldn’t compete with Michigan for a reason.

What's that saying - Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

1670184388145.png

One thing AEW can quit crying about. Ohio State plays on the road in Sept 2023 at ND and in Sept 2024 at Washington.
Hopefully those will be night games so Ohio State will face what every other relevant team in America outside of the Big Ten faces.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Hopefully those will be night games so Ohio State will face what every other relevant team in America outside of the Big Ten faces.

The biggest obstacle to night games, which OSU does prefer for big games (other than Michigan) due to better recruiting environment, is that ridiculous Fox Big Noon abomination. Games that would normally be night games for OSU, PSU, UM kick off at noon eastern, 11am central and 9am on the west coast. Not ideal, but the B1G wasn’t going to turn down all that Fox money.

Also, the biggest SEC games are almost always day games at 3:30pm eastern on CBS and have been for decades.

Pretty surreal to watch actual footage of Coach Prime telling the Buffs team that he's bringing his own luggage, and that they better hit the portal. :ROFLMAO:

Ye

Yeah, Ohio state has never played night games, lol. Sorry, but the TV ratings have spoken, and the noon time slot is the most profitable.

The biggest obstacle to night games, which OSU does prefer for big games (other than Michigan) due to better recruiting environment, is that ridiculous Fox Big Noon abomination. Games that would normally be night games for OSU, PSU, UM kick off at noon eastern, 11am central and 9am on the west coast. Not ideal, but the B1G wasn’t going to turn down all that Fox money.

Also, the biggest SEC games are almost always day games at 3:30pm eastern on CBS and have been for decades.
The noon time slot is #1, it is what it is. I like having the best games in all 3 time slots. Noon used to be just crappy games.

The noon time slot is #1, it is what it is. I like having the best games in all 3 time slots. Noon used to be just crappy games.
I don’t mind it much, but I’m not a recruit from out of state who just played a game Friday night and have to hop a flight to CBus for a visit.

Ohio State vs Indiana, Ohio State vs Iowa, Michigan vs Iowa, Michigan vs Indiana, Michigan vs Maryland are garbage games. TCU vs Texas Tech not good either. That was around half of the Big Noon Saturday inventory this year. “Best games”? Give me a damn break. Maybe 5 or 6 Saturdays out of 14 FOX actually had a good noon game.

I don’t mind it much, but I’m not a recruit from out of state who just played a game Friday night and have to hop a flight to CBus for a visit.
I’m guessing getting to fly is a pretty big deal for most 17-18 year olds, particularly when it is to attend a game in the ‘shoe.

Ohio State vs Indiana, Ohio State vs Iowa, Michigan vs Iowa, Michigan vs Indiana, Michigan vs Maryland are garbage games. TCU vs Texas Tech not good either. That was around half of the Big Noon Saturday inventory this year. “Best games”? Give me a damn break. Maybe 5 or 6 Saturdays out of 14 FOX actually had a good noon game.

I don’t think you understand how things work. When a team like Ohio state is playing a lot of people watch. When Purdue plays Maryland, not many watch. That is a “bad” game.

I don’t think you understand how things work. When a team like Ohio state is playing a lot of people watch. When Purdue plays Maryland, not many watch. That is a “bad” game.
I am aware of how things work. Just because OSU or Michigan is involved doesn’t make it a good game, regardless of how many people watch it. In fact, OSU and Michigan fans should want as little audience as possible for games like Indiana and Iowa because all it does is exposes how pathetic the Big Ten competition is.

I am aware of how things work. Just because OSU or Michigan is involved doesn’t make it a good game, regardless of how many people watch it. In fact, OSU and Michigan fans should want as little audience as possible for games like Indiana and Iowa because all it does is exposes how pathetic the Big Ten competition is.

There aren’t enough great games to go around every week, so they are going to put Ohio State in the prime spot more often than not. Unfortunately for you, a lot of people also saw you lose to Marshal.

Last edited:
The B1G has always had 12pm kickoff games even before Fox came along with their "Big Noon Kickoff" program. The CBS premiere slot is the 330pm kickoff, with the premiere ESPN/ABC game usually kicking off at 7pm-8pm EST. It makes sense to have the B1G in the noon kickoff window for the share of TV viewers, especially since half the teams are in the Eastern Time zone.

Nah, this isn’t the SEC. OSU and Michigan don’t care for having the have-nots ride coattails and act like they did something.