College Football 2022-2023

Aside from TCU losing, there is not a game tomorrow that can really shake things up. If however, LSU were to beat Georgia, I can see how that would give Tennessee a boost and vault them past Alabama. Could it vault them past OSU? I don't think so given they are a 2 loss team.

Aside from TCU losing, there is not a game tomorrow that can really shake things up. If however, LSU were to beat Georgia, I can see how that would give Tennessee a boost and vault them past Alabama. Could it vault them past OSU? I don't think so given they are a 2 loss team.
Anything can happen but OSU should be in, unless the committee wants to set a precedent.

I agree. I do think LSU win gives Tennessee resume a boost and given their head to head over Alabama, they would then jump Alabama to #5.

I would not think it would bump them over OSU.

They aren't putting TN. They aren't jumping Bama over osu. Osu is in, if tcu loses question becomes close or big. And then I still think has to be 1 loss tcu over bama
It's kind of a silly argument, but TCU being 12-0 in the regular season, winning a P5 Conference, they should get a pass if they lose tomorrow because they had to play another game.

You could use the same argument for USC, except they already lost once. And now they've lost twice to Utah, so you can't put them in now. So are you penalizing them for playing an extra game too? Yes, but they weren't perfect as the other 3 teams in the top 4 were during the regular season.

Yep. TCU is 3rd with a win, 4th with a loss.
I feel like the committee will try to avoid an OSU-Michigan rematch. Michigan beating Purdue won't do anything to vault them ahead of Georgia, so in order to avoid that matchup in a Semifinal, they would have to leave TCU #3 and OSU #4.

I feel like the committee will try to avoid an OSU-Michigan rematch. Michigan beating Purdue won't do anything to vault them ahead of Georgia, so in order to avoid that matchup in a Semifinal, they would have to leave TCU #3 and OSU #4.
Why would they want to avoid it? It was the highest watched college football game in the last 10 years.

Why would they want to avoid it? It was the highest watched college football game in the last 10 years.
Because in the years they've taken two teams from the same conference they've avoided them matching up in the Semifinals. Why would this year with Ohio State and Michigan be any different?

Because in the years they've taken two teams from the same conference they've avoided them matching up in the Semifinals. Why would this year with Ohio State and Michigan be any different?
I’m not sure we can know that they were trying to avoid anything. And it’s all about people watching. People clearly liked watching the first game this year.

I’m not sure we can know that they were trying to avoid anything. And it’s all about people watching. People clearly liked watching the first game this year.
Of course we can't know for sure we aren't in the committee room, but there have been two playoffs with SEC teams and in those two seasons, those SEC teams didn't match up in the Semifinal. The committee, whether intentional or not did in fact avoid the inter-conference Semifinal matchup.

If TCU loses it’s going to be
Georgia
Xichigan
Buckeyes
TCU
No argument for anything else, they won’t leave TCU at three with them losing their most recent game. The question is, as a Buckeye fan, could I survive losing to Xichigan twice in the same year 😂 it would be fascinating to see the mind sets of the players if a rematch is in the cards

They aren't putting TN. They aren't jumping Bama over osu. Osu is in, if tcu loses question becomes close or big. And then I still think has to be 1 loss tcu over bama
TN losing Hooker & getting blown out by Scar killed any chance they had of getting ranked ahead of Bama

Won't happen, but playoff show tomorrow would be must see tv if all top 4 teams lose today. For seeding purposes

If TCU loses it’s going to be
Georgia
Xichigan
Buckeyes
TCU
No argument for anything else, they won’t leave TCU at three with them losing their most recent game.
There's absolutely an argument there. Easiest one being 12-1 vs. 11-1. Think of it in terms of the BCS Rankings. Georgia and Michigan are well ahead of the field, think we can all agree on that. TCU being 12-0 could be nipping at their heels as they have the better SOS and SOR compared to Georgia and Michigan. So would a loss drop their number below Ohio State who isn't playing?

Now with there being a committee and the human element, the natural thought is to drop a team after losing. The question is how many spots do they drop? If it's one spot from #3 to #4, the natural process would be to move #4 to #3, but #4 also lost. So does #5 move up even though they didn't play? They could drop TCU to #4, but leave OSU at #5 and since there isn't a team to move up into #3 with USC losing, then they both just slide up one spot to #3 and #4 respectively.

Now they don't have to, I just think there's precedent that they haven't matched up conference teams in the Semifinals yet and frankly if you're an OSU/B1G fan, why would want them to? They've allowed, on two separate occasions the SEC to match up in the Title Game, but now they're going to deny the B1G that chance? That would be a bad look IMO.

There's absolutely an argument there. Easiest one being 12-1 vs. 11-1. Think of it in terms of the BCS Rankings. Georgia and Michigan are well ahead of the field, think we can all agree on that. TCU being 12-0 could be nipping at their heels as they have the better SOS and SOR compared to Georgia and Michigan. So would a loss drop their number below Ohio State who isn't playing?

Now with there being a committee and the human element, the natural thought is to drop a team after losing. The question is how many spots do they drop? If it's one spot from #3 to #4, the natural process would be to move #4 to #3, but #4 also lost. So does #5 move up even though they didn't play? They could drop TCU to #4, but leave OSU at #5 and since there isn't a team to move up into #3 with USC losing, then they both just slide up one spot to #3 and #4 respectively.

Now they don't have to, I just think there's precedent that they haven't matched up conference teams in the Semifinals yet and frankly if you're an OSU/B1G fan, why would want them to? They've allowed, on two separate occasions the SEC to match up in the Title Game, but now they're going to deny the B1G that chance? That would be a bad look IMO.
Crave April 26 GIF by Auntie Anne's

USC and TCU are not similar arguments. USC 2 losses, lost worse to same team at neutral site that lost to on road earlier. TCU undefeated coming in, still think they win, but if lose, probably.will be close, and to a team they already beat earlier.

USC has no argument. Lost 2 times to a 3 team