College Football 2022-2023

If Ten, LSU and USC lose another, who is 4th team? Has to be loser of The Game, right, unless blowout? Who else?

If LSU wins out, they’re in. However, since UGA seems to turn it up when they play in big games, I expect them to win handily.
I disagree, they just can't be in over 11-1 Tennessee who beat them by 20 at home. Feel like that would turn into Ohio St-Penn St situation again.

I’m not convinced the loser is out if it’s a close, last second field goal type game.
If LSU, Tennessee and USC lose then definitely not. They loser would definitely be alive.

If Tennessee and USC both win out, they each would have better resume's than the loser regardless if it's Ohio St or Michigan.

I disagree, they just can't be in over 11-1 Tennessee who beat them by 20 at home. Feel like that would turn into Ohio St-Penn St situation again.
If they win out, that would include a win over UGA, they’re in if that happens.

A common argument I’m seeing tonight in favor of playoff expansion is “nobody expected South Carolina to beat Tennessee.” That’s lacking context. Neutral site games vs non conference opponents are a totally difft animal. How many actual upsets have we seen in the playoffs? Maybe 1 with OSU beating Bama in ‘14.

Absolutely offensive pass interference, Tennessee just got called for it on the exact same type play.
Tennessee player made it obvious by stopping/stutter stepping right in the way of the defender. Wouldn't have been called had he just continued to run his route.

If UCLA scores, they should consider an onside kick. Their D isn’t stopping USC’s Offense.

A common argument I’m seeing tonight in favor of playoff expansion is “nobody expected South Carolina to beat Tennessee.” That’s lacking context. Neutral site games vs non conference opponents are a totally difft animal. How many actual upsets have we seen in the playoffs? Maybe 1 with OSU beating Bama in ‘14.
Why do you think the schools are pushing so hard for games on campus sites for the 1st Round and Quarterfinal Round?

Additionally, with more spots available the thought is more talent will be dispersed throughout the country instead of hoarded at 4-5 schools. The transfer portal should help spread out some of that talent as well.

Why do you think the schools are pushing so hard for games on campus sites for the 1st Round and Quarterfinal Round?

Additionally, with more spots available the thought is more talent will be dispersed throughout the country instead of hoarded at 4-5 schools. The transfer portal should help spread out some of that talent as well.
Look at the recruiting rankings of Mich St, UW and ND after their playoff appearances…they didn’t get much better.

Such a great coaching job by Lincoln Riley this year. I never would have thought we would be sitting at 10-1

Look at the recruiting rankings of Mich St, UW and ND after their playoff appearances…they didn’t get much better.
There were still only 4 spots when those teams made the Playoff, but fair point. Like I said, that's the thought (hope) with expansion.