College Football 2022-2023

I blame whoever scheduled that pandering ceremony at all. “Celebrating Title IX”? What a dumb reason for a ceremony.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
You think Title IX is dumb now, wait til they bring the 's in under Title IX protection. That is gonna' open a mondo supremo can of crap on women's college athletics....

Jezus, of all the dumb crap they have ceremonies over and you incels are going to crap your pants over a ruling that gives your own daughters half a chance at doing what you all wished you'd been capable of.

Of course Title IX is worth a quick visit to the field. It was poorly organized. Big f-in deal. Even the coach that originally complained realizes it.

Jezus, of all the dumb crap they have ceremonies over and you incels are going to crap your pants over a ruling that gives your own daughters half a chance at doing what you all wished you'd been capable of.

Of course Title IX is worth a quick visit to the field. It was poorly organized. Big f-in deal. Even the coach that originally complained realizes it.
It seems like the women student-athletes were being used as pawns so the university could give itself a public pat on the back. Thus, my original comment that this seems like a pointless exercise to be doing in the middle of a football game.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Not sure if this the place but did anyone see Eli Manning as a walk bit? Solid concept on paper but I actually didn't think it was that good; seemed forced and staged. Outside of 30 for 30 ESPN should stay away from the Entertainment aspect of their acronym.
It’s stupid

Not sure if this the place but did anyone see Eli Manning as a walk bit? Solid concept on paper but I actually didn't think it was that good; seemed forced and staged. Outside of 30 for 30 ESPN should stay away from the Entertainment aspect of their acronym.
Red Bull did something similar with Jared Goff years ago and it was much better.

The Mannings don't have the best reputation as people. Watching them on commercials and entertainment, it's hard to buy into that or they're just really good actors.

Four for the Heisman is one of my early sports memories. Plunkett, Kern, Theisman and Manning. Of course I was rooting for Kern and the following year for Chuck Ealey. The world didn't make much sense to elementary me.

When does UGA wake up? Will they eventually cover? Michigan-Maryland, the battle of kickers so far. Wake Forest’s defense couldn’t stop a neighborhood full of kids playing backyard football. Dabo needs to make the move on Klubnik, DJ isn’t the answer. Hasn’t been afraid to pull the trigger in the past.

When does UGA wake up? Will they eventually cover? Michigan-Maryland, the battle of kickers so far. Wake Forest’s defense couldn’t stop a neighborhood full of kids playing backyard football. Dabo needs to make the move on Klubnik, DJ isn’t the answer. Hasn’t been afraid to pull the trigger in the past.

Kent St's OL is more than holding their own against Ga's line and they have a coach that knows how to call a game.

Northwestern has lost to Southern Illinois and Miami (no not that Miami the other Miami) in back-to-back weeks. Fitzgerald should have left when the gettin was good. Another season like this (last year 3-9) and will be joining Frost on the fired line.

Last edited:
I doubt it. It’s Northwestern their expectations aren’t that high and he’s had more success there than anyone in recent memory
Sports are all about what have you done lately. NW won 3 games last year (just one win in the BIG), may not win another game this year. Next year better win some games or he will be gone.

Kent St's OL is more than holding their own against Ga's line and they have a coach that knows how to call a game.

$1.2 million.

$460,000.

UT not getting their ROI. The Beckman/Campbell/Candle train needs to end.

Northwestern has lost to Southern Illinois and Miami (no not that Miami the other Miami) in back-to-back weeks. Fitzgerald should have left when the gettin was good. Another season like this (last year 3-9) and will be joining Frost on the fired line.
Fitzgerald will leave Northwestern when he wants. He's their prodigal son and has been here before and will rebound. Regardless of his record he is still one of the best coaches in the country IMO.

Three 10 win seasons and a couple B10 championship game appearances. The Wildcats had never won a bowl prior to Fitzgerald who is 5-5 in bowl games. Tough place to win and he has done it.

Last edited:
Fitzgerald will leave Northwestern when he wants. He's their prodigal son and has been here before and will rebound. Regardless of his record he is still one of the best coaches in the country IMO.

Three 10 win seasons and a couple B10 championship game appearances. The Wildcats had never won a bowl prior to Fitzgerald who is 5-5 in bowl games. Tough place to win and he has done it.

Agree, he isn't going anywhere, and he isn't going to be fired. Nor should he be. That said, with NIL and the graduates from there who are wealthy, if they wanted to, they could be better.

Good to see Adrian Martinez lead KSU to a defeat of #6 Oklahoma. I always thought he was a good QB and has some obvious skill but things just never panned out in Nebraska.

I'm not a fan of the transfer portal but for QB's I am and this is a prime example. In many instances, the QB coach/OC who recruits you is gone by the time a player gets to play (soph/jr season) and unlike other positions the QB is very landlocked. If you are a mobile QB and the new OC is a pocket guy it makes it tough. Most other positions, if you are good enough, you will find your way onto the field (Stover for example).

Even with the loss to ATM, I’m beyond excited for Bama to come to Fayetteville. It’ll be a fun weekend. Plus, not sure how many more chances I’ll have to see the GOAT coach in person.

They don’t care enough to fire him at NW

Northwestern will never fire Pat Fitzgerald. The Big Ten West sucks so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he still finds a way to finish in the top 2-3 on that side of the league this year.
It was bad last year to, and NW won one league game and they already played Brasky this year. With NW located in Chicago and all the wealthy alumni NW should be killing it with NIL deals. I have heard this before so and so can't get fired, if NW sucks again next year, he will be gone no excuse to lose to an FCS team SIU which lost to a school called Incarnate earlier this year than lose to Miami.

It was bad last year to, and NW won one league game and they already played Brasky this year. With NW located in Chicago and all the wealthy alumni NW should be killing it with NIL deals. I have heard this before so and so can't get fired, if NW sucks again next year, he will be gone no excuse to lose to an FCS team SIU which lost to a school called Incarnate earlier this year than lose to Miami.
I think the majority of folks and probably even moreso administration at NW just don't care enough about football to fire an alum that relative to the standards of their history, has actually had a few very good seasons. I'd have to see it to believe it as far as them ever trying to seriously compete with NIL deals.

They've had two coaches since 1999, and Fitzgerald got the job because his predecessor died. The two guys prior to Randy Walker had 48 total wins in 13 seasons, with 19/48 wins coming in a two year stretch with Gary Barnett. Barnett had 16 total wins in his other five seasons at NW, and he walked out of the place without being fired.

I think the majority of folks and probably even moreso administration at NW just don't care enough about football to fire an alum that relative to the standards of their history, has actually had a few very good seasons. I'd have to see it to believe it as far as them ever trying to seriously compete with NIL deals.

They've had two coaches since 1999, and Fitzgerald got the job because his predecessor died. The two guys prior to Randy Walker had 48 total wins in 13 seasons, with 19/48 wins coming in a two year stretch with Gary Barnett. Barnett had 16 total wins in his other five seasons at NW, and he walked out of the place without being fired.
The thing about NIL that remains to be seen is will schools with money, who previously didn't care about being good at football, now decide they care enough about football to utilize NIL. I actually think NIL will just make the rich richer, and those who didn't care to compete before, will continue their indifference.

Even with the loss to ATM, I’m beyond excited for Bama to come to Fayetteville. It’ll be a fun weekend. Plus, not sure how many more chances I’ll have to see the GOAT coach in person.

I met him. If I recall the conversation correctly, he told me to "get out of the way." He wasn't the GOAT yet so I laid into him with an emphatic, "ok."

Good to see Adrian Martinez lead KSU to a defeat of #6 Oklahoma. I always thought he was a good QB and has some obvious skill but things just never panned out in Nebraska.

I'm not a fan of the transfer portal but for QB's I am and this is a prime example. In many instances, the QB coach/OC who recruits you is gone by the time a player gets to play (soph/jr season) and unlike other positions the QB is very landlocked. If you are a mobile QB and the new OC is a pocket guy it makes it tough. Most other positions, if you are good enough, you will find your way onto the field (Stover for example).
He’s benefitting from having a much better coach. In fact, the Huskers would do well to buy the K-State coach.