College Basketball Live

Arrogate

Man Duke is really good. Laying it on UK up 18 with 9 min left in the 1st half. Defense has been solid. UK is rather lucky Duke is fouling so much.

Biggest difference to me is Duke played more as a team and played a near perfect half. UK took some questionable shots and seemed frustrated. The Duke defense was as good as Ive seen in a while. UK having trouble getting anything to fall. Good thing it's only the 1st half of game 1.

Hard to get too worked up over what’s basically an exhibition game, but yes, Duke did look really damn good. Even players like Jack White and Marques Bolden played well. They’re the most talented team in the country, but they were last yr as well. Come March, that experience is so important.

I have no idea how Duke will finish out the season, but that was impressive last night. They are stacked. A team with some veteran guards who can slow the game down is about the only chance you have with them. Kentucky tried to run and gun with them and that won't work.

UK will run and can run, problem is they were just awful last night and couldn't finish anything. Their transition defense was atrocious. I'll take nothing away from Duke, they were fantastic and I expect this to be a really good UK team, and for Duke to handle them in such a manner was eye opening to say the least. That said, I think it's entirely possible Duke will not play a better game all year nor will UK play a worse game all year. It was that good and that bad by each respective team. I could easily see them playing again in the tournament.

Told all the MAC followers last year about CJ Massinburg being the league's best player in some time.

43 points in an OT win against WV last night.

Buffalo needs to get out of that joke of a conference while they have momentum.

Told all the MAC followers last year about CJ Massinburg being the league's best player in some time.

43 points in an OT win against WV last night.

Buffalo needs to get out of that joke of a conference while they have momentum.

Why because they got to the 2nd round and lost to a very average UK team? Bc they beat an average WV team? :laugh:

Why because they got to the 2nd round and lost to a very average UK team? Bc they beat an average WV team? :laugh:

Because they're the only MAC program that's actually trying to better themselves in football and basketball and not get stuck in an endless cycle of mediocrity.

In what was described as the biggest home game in Villanova history...

Michigan 44
Villanova 17

Halftime.

Nova appears to have replaced all of their studs who went to the NBA with walk-on caliber players.

Gonzaga moves up to 1 although Crandall fractured his hand during practice and will miss around a month. Be interesting to see how they are when he and Tillie are back and healthy.

In what was described as the biggest home game in Villanova history...

Michigan 44
Villanova 17

Halftime.

Nova appears to have replaced all of their studs who went to the NBA with walk-on caliber players.

Michigan kicked the crap out of UNC last night. They look really good. The B10 is loaded so they might not be a 1 seed, but if they stay healthy, have to believe they can make a deep run again.

Michigan kicked the crap out of UNC last night. They look really good. The B10 is loaded so they might not be a 1 seed, but if they stay healthy, have to believe they can make a deep run again.

I was very surprised by how that game played out. Brazdeikis is playing like a potential lottery pick and the 7-footer Teske from Ohio is emerging as one of the top defensive players in college basketball.

This is the best they've ever looked this early in the season under Beilein. I hope they don't peak too early but if they beat Purdue decisively tomorrow you'd have to be believe they'd front runners to win the Big Ten by a good margin.

How does Reno get such a high ranking with no wins over ranked teams even after 8 games?

Return 3 NBA-caliber players from last year's Sweet 16 team. Had several impact transfers become eligible this season on top of bringing in one of the top graduate transfers of last summer. Also added a 5-star freshman big to an already loaded front court.

They've won every game on their schedule by double digits so far. Until they lose they're a top 10 team for me.

Duke looked super crappy last night, but still managed to beat #11 Texas Tech. Tre Jones’ Defense won the game. Just like his brother, his play can decide whether or not Duke wins it all.

Steve Alford was fired today by UCLA. Big losses to Michigan State, North Carolina and Cincinnati, coupled with losses to Liberty and Belmont was the end for the former Hoosier standout.

For some reason, UCLA just has not been able to consistently keep talent and stay relevant.

I'm sure Alford will surface again somewhere, but he's just not been able to win consistently at the major college level. Maybe he gets a job at a big ten school next?

The PAC may only get 1 team in the tourney.

14red look on the bright side, can we get him to speak freely on LaVar now? He could give an epic interview about the inner workings of that man

The PAC may only get 1 team in the tourney.

14red look on the bright side, can we get him to speak freely on LaVar now? He could give an epic interview about the inner workings of that man

Arizona State? Oregon? How has that conference dropped off so much?

Oregon is sitting as 12 seed in some way too early bracketology. Very real possibility they could only get Arizona St in if they win the conference and Oregon keeps fading

Steve Alford was fired today by UCLA. Big losses to Michigan State, North Carolina and Cincinnati, coupled with losses to Liberty and Belmont was the end for the former Hoosier standout.

For some reason, UCLA just has not been able to consistently keep talent and stay relevant.

I'm sure Alford will surface again somewhere, but he's just not been able to win consistently at the major college level. Maybe he gets a job at a big ten school next?

I don’t understand why UCLA has trouble finding coaches. I know Howland went to 3 Straight FFs, but with the talent on those rosters, he should’ve won at least 1 Title. The ‘08 team had Westbrook, Kevin Love, Darren Collison, and few other NBA guys.

UCLA is the only Blue Blood program out West other than MAYBE Arizona, but I don’t think of them as Blue Bloods. Their facilities, Campus, Tradition, and recruiting territory should keep them as consistently good as UNC, UK, Duke, or Kansas.