College Basketball Live - 2019-2020

Unranked Michigan beats #8 Gonzaga by 18 points to win the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. The last 2 winners of the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament have gone on to win the National Championship ('Nova in '18 and Virginia in '19).

i've been waiting all through this young season for UM's bubble to burst. They just keep winning and beating teams who have been ranked -- including North Carolina (#6) and Gonzaga (#8), not to mention a couple of excellent teams in Creighton and Iowa St.
We'll see, but (unfortunately for me) I've been impressed so far.

Louisville/Michigan and Duke/MSU should be pretty good games tonight as the Big 10/ACC challenge continues. Should be worth watching.

Still only 10 games or so into the season but UNC is in danger of missing the tournament, especially if Anthony is sidelined for any significant length of time.

I haven’t seen a team yet that stands out. It’s early, so it’s possible some hit their stride later. However, at this point in time, it looks like there could be a lot of parity in March.

I haven’t seen a team yet that stands out. It’s early, so it’s possible some hit their stride later. However, at this point in time, it looks like there could be a lot of parity in March.
Yes, I would say the top 5 or so is going to change all year. I do think that -- so far -- with 4 top-50 wins in the last few weeks, Gonzaga is looking like the best overall team. Yeah, they stubbed their toe against Michigan (an excellent team in their own right), but I think that result shows -- as you say -- that March is going to indeed be Madness!

That first one was awesome.
Aaron Craft at OSU tried something similar a few years back in a Tournament Game, would've worked but got dinged with a lane violation bc he left before the shot hit the rim.

The tournament is going to be a cluster f**k, there’s not one single “great” team but about 10-15 “good” teams. If I had to randomly pick a FF it would be: Lville, Maryland, Kansas, Gonzaga. But really it’s a crapshoot.

17 point 2nd half comeback and Tennessee comes back and beats UK at Rupp.

Maryland loses on the road at Rutgers.

March is awesome

There’s really not a single team you can look at and feel entirely confident they’ll make it past the 2nd round. I’m losing confidence in MD bc I don’t know if they have the coaching to win deep in the tournament. They haven’t really shown any signs of consistency under Mark Turgeon. Honestly, it’s feeling more and more like a yr where Mich St again creeps under the radar and gets to a FF. If I had to make a guess on the FF today it would be:

lville
KS
Mich St
UK

I’m just not big on Baylor, SDSU, FSU, Dayton for the same reasons I’m starting to question Maryland... coaching. The talent gap is as small as any tournament I can remember. The double digit seeds won’t be intimidated playing these teams bc they know they can compete with them, that’s why coaching is so important this yr. I think you need a HC who has had sustained success and won big games in March.

Agreed on Turgeon and Michigan St. They started the year with huge expectations and seem to be under the radar now

Northern Iowa gets pummeled by 20 in a Friday early afternoon conference tourney game. 25-6 and a regular season Missouri Valley Conference title is nice but I am not so sure that gets you an at large bid to the big dance...

Last edited:
Northern Iowa gets pummeled by 20 in a Friday early afternoon conference tourney game. 25-6 and a regular season Missouri Valley Conference title is nice but I am not so sure that gets you an at large bid to the big dance...

This is the type of season where mid majors should get more at large bids. If Stephen F Austin, with a win over Duke at Cameron and a 27-3 reg season record, loses in their Conf Tourney, they should still get in.