Colin Kaepernick switches workout location at last minute

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Representatives for former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick called an audible less than an hour before he was scheduled to work out for 25 NFL teams Saturday, moving the session to a high school football field in Riverdale, Ga. from the Atlanta Falcons training facility in Flowery Branch, 60 miles away.

Kaepernick threw passes for about 40 minutes to free agent receivers Bruce Ellington, Brice Butler, Jordan Veasy and Ari Werts before signing autographs for hundreds of fans gathered in the end zone.

"I've been ready for three years. I've been denied for three years," Kaepernick told reporters at the conclusion of a bizarre day. "... We are waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams and [NFL Commissioner] Roger Goodell to stop running. Stop running from the truth, stop running from the people."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJhJhCiWoAElBf1?format=jpg&name=small

Someone that wants back in the league doesn't do this. Either he is a complete moron, or he is getting really bad advice. Just compare a 32 yr old back-up like this attention whore to the chance to get some kid on a rookie contract. Who in their right mind would hire this guy ?

It's like the thought of owning a big factory and hiring Al Sharpton's nephew over other candidates. Or setting up a fair food stand selling steak-on-a-stick among 20 other stands, and then decorating your counter with road kill cats and raccoons. Everybody is going to avoid you.

Last edited:
People on Browns sites on Facebook kept posting pro-CK or con-CK reasons for signing him and those of us who kept with our party line, saying he was a "garbage QB, with limited accuracy, who couldn't read a defense and wasn't worth the distraction" (due to the previous 3) were called "racists." Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't CK half white, half African-American? This stunt yesterday just proved my point about "not worth the distraction."

The guy doesnt want to play. Its obvious to anyone with common sense. If he wanted to play why didnt he go to Canada or the AAF? Hell the Ravens were ready to sign him before he blew that up.

Whined for years for an opportunity, gets one, and blows it off.

Nike wanted to film it for a commercial. I bet this was the main purpose all along.
Nike is giving this has been good money to play the social justice warrior card to sell Nike crap.
Sad part is millions of mush for brains lap this stuff up to the max.
They think buying Nike is supporting social justice and they are “down with the struggle”
Mean while Nike pays slave wages to Chinese communist workers and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Kaepernick is a joke. He has no interest in playing in the NFL. There are thousands of guys who can hold a workout like he did Saturday. No helmet, no pads, no defense.

Kap seems like he wants to be the next MLK . He dont want to play football. Steven A hit the nail on the head.

Nike wanted to film it for a commercial. I bet this was the main purpose all along.
Nike is giving this has been good money to play the social justice warrior card to sell Nike crap.
Sad part is millions of mush for brains lap this stuff up to the max.
They think buying Nike is supporting social justice and they are “down with the struggle”
Mean while Nike pays slave wages to Chinese communist workers and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Bingo. And what do you think the odds are that this Nike commercial will end up on the Super Bowl!

Kap is a phony. He wore a Kunta Kinte shirt to the workout! Yea, that's the ticket insinuate the owners are slave holders and poor little Kap is a slave. What an insult to the memories of the men & women who actually were slaves.

If you want to see what a real life walking & talking SJW looks & acts like check out Kap.

Bingo. And what do you think the odds are that this Nike commercial will end up on the Super Bowl!

Kap is a phony. He wore a Kunta Kinte shirt to the workout! Yea, that's the ticket insinuate the owners are slave holders and poor little Kap is a slave. What an insult to the memories of the men & women who actually were slaves.

If you want to see what a real life walking & talking SJW looks & acts like check out Kap.

Well said.

There certainly would have been a better set of videos generated for NFL decision-makers at the Atlanta Falcons facility. That's what they do there - analyze and track players' development, right ? It's a really bad look for Kaep to pizz on the process that the NFL freely provided to cater to him.

If Kaep really was put out by not having his special workout held on an "off day" for coaches (as some NFL talking heads have claimed this demonstrates a phony "olive branch" from the NFL), well then forcing his way out of a state-of-the-art pro team facility is doubly stupid. If he believed he was able to demonstrate a high level of player potential, he'd stay in front of the Falcons' cameras so those coaches unable to physically attend could best see him in all his glory.

It is also colossally stupid and "diva-ish" to jerk the scouts around like that. Cause 60 minutes extra of "No! - do this MY way!!" windshield time around the Atlanta outerbelt to an unfamiliar facility with lesser comforts for those attending ? Really ? Another bad look.

The field of teams represented fell from what would have been 20 down to 8. I guess Nike's creative team needed a certain backdrop for Colin to wear his Nike ProCombat Dri-fit in front of, and that was the number one priority ?

At least it will be easier for Colin's agent, if he's there to negotiate with teams and not just Nike. The eight team reps that went over the river and through the woods to the Nike approved site at the last minute must be more serious about a contract offer.

I think what he did likely dwindled the support he had from some.
He did not look comfortable passing it and his defiant interview and statement made people realize he is no willing to move fwd. I don't think teams will take a hance at the hassle for a backup QB

I think what he did likely dwindled the support he had from some.
He did not look comfortable passing it and his defiant interview and statement made people realize he is no willing to move fwd. I don't think teams will take a hance at the hassle for a backup QB

The Nike Kaep ads will be ready for Christmas shoppers!! woo-hooo!!

I really hope some desperate team publicly and with total transparency offers him a league average back-up QB contract, so he can turn it down and we won't have to play this game anymore.

He blew it years ago when he got benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert!

I don't know. He only became an activist when he got bored with the clipboard. Nike would not have paid any attention to him before that.

Just look at what he's making per hour now ! He was gonna work out anyway, so that hardly counts toward his "hourly wage", does it ?

When stephan A is even against this stunt.....does h even have a chance? Dude blew it
There’s people that will support him no matter what. I’ve never seen someone try so hard to act “black.” It’s like we get it, you’re ashamed of being biracial, but find a better way to deal with it.

There’s people that will support him no matter what. I’ve never seen someone try so hard to act “black.” It’s like we get it, you’re ashamed of being biracial, but find a better way to deal with it.
Yeah, there will be peple who support him, and against him, no matter what.
I want to believe there was a lot of people like me who was giving him the benefit of the doubt and believed he deserves a shot.

He essentially had a job interview this weekend and the way he acted, well, even if someone was interested before I think they no longer believe he is a viable option.

I didn't think he looked very good, smooth throwing the ball to be honest with ya. Just looked, forced, and that he wasn't truly a QB. I ll have to look at his game highlights to see if his motion is the same.

Yeah, there will be peple who support him, and against him, no matter what.
I want to believe there was a lot of people like me who was giving him the benefit of the doubt and believed he deserves a shot.

He essentially had a job interview this weekend and the way he acted, well, even if someone was interested before I think they no longer believe he is a viable option.

I didn't think he looked very good, smooth throwing the ball to be honest with ya. Just looked, forced, and that he wasn't truly a QB. I ll have to look at his game highlights to see if his motion is the same.
I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about a team not wanting a media circus around their backup QB. If he was a mid level starting QB, he’d have a job.

Kap is a Quitter and a Clown!! Hopefully no NFL Team ever considers employing him again. He will probably never have a job anywhere again,only wants to play by his own Rules. That’s not how life and business works most places.

ec7f0adbbee0d5e8a48d05edc73d3898.gif

You could press on with your take here, but.......

Last edited:
I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about a team not wanting a media circus around their backup QB. If he was a mid level starting QB, he’d have a job.

Provided he'd be willing to put in the required work for a salary commensurate with that position AND still had the skills, sure.

I'm guessing the only thing still there is the potential.

I think he could have changed the whole narrative if he conducted himself in a different manner this weekend. For work we have all had to do things we weren't 100% on board with but did them because our bosses, or potential bosses, requested.

I will still contend that at the beginning he was blackballed by the league, but with how he conducted himself.....forget him.

I think he could have changed the whole narrative if he conducted himself in a different manner this weekend. For work we have all had to do things we weren't 100% on board with but did them because our bosses, or potential bosses, requested.

I will still contend that at the beginning he was blackballed by the league, but with how he conducted himself.....forget him.
I don’t think he was blackballed. I think teams knew he wasn’t worth the hassle. How many chances did Antonio Brown get before teams decided he wasn’t worth it? And he’s one of the best players at his position. Owners care more about winning and $ than anything. If Kap made their teams materially better, they’d sign him.

I don’t think he was blackballed. I think teams knew he wasn’t worth the hassle. How many chances did Antonio Brown get before teams decided he wasn’t worth it? And he’s one of the best players at his position. Owners care more about winning and $ than anything. If Kap made their teams materially better, they’d sign him.
The shartstorm that was around Kap kept teams from wanting to sign him.

Kap was not blackballed! He had a player option for the following year that he Declined! He didn’t want to work (at least for 49ers) and since he QUIT, now teams don’t want to Hire him. He doesn’t have a leg to stand on imo. The biggest mistake the NFL made was settling his collusion grievance. NFL Owners colluded not to give a QUITTER a job, BS!!

Quit and then play the Race,Gender,Sexual Orientation card is not how business should be conducted. Kudos to NFL Owners for “doing business” as they see fit!