Colerain

Coach Huber is a good guy and I wish him well. Some guys would worry about not being "the first choice" but I don't think Coach is wired that way. Hopefully he's able to get some good assistants to stay/ come with him.

I wish the best for Coach Huber as well but you are not the only one asking WTH? I hope the district did not waste a lot of peoples time over the past month exploring a reported 80 applicants if they already had their guy in line for the job.
I certainly agree with this but still don’t believe the 80 applicants non sense! I never heard of this Huber guy but certainly wish him luck!!

I'm pretty sure Beechwood in NKY would have something to say about the most dominant and consistent program in the tri-state. And definitely Highlands until Mueller retired. You could also argue X, they have had crazy success over the past 20+ years in by far the most difficult region (place in playoffs) out of all of OH, KY, and IN.
I both love and hate the mention of Beechwood here.

One thing that makes me curious ... Why don't schools like Colerain reach out to guys like Noel Rash? I get it ...Beechwood isn't D1 Ohio football. But a guy like him is not making as much money as he deserves (salary is public record) Can teachers still double dip after retiring from one state? I think he, in particular, may have two years left. He has spent a year at a small college ... Then he was at Moeller for a few years. Plus he is the type of guy who is a "community coach".

Question being ... Does Colerain (or other schools in Ohio) look at a Coach like that ... With a solid pedigree ... With a selling point of "double dipping"? I heard a few years back ... that Princeton may have reached out ...not sure if true ... It would be hard to find a guy who brings an entire community together like he could. (I know Colerain has their guy ... So maybe just a thought for other schools)

One thing that makes me curious ... Why don't schools like Colerain reach out to guys like Noel Rash? I get it ...Beechwood isn't D1 Ohio football. But a guy like him is not making as much money as he deserves (salary is public record) Can teachers still double dip after retiring from one state? I think he, in particular, may have two years left. He has spent a year at a small college ... Then he was at Moeller for a few years. Plus he is the type of guy who is a "community coach".

Question being ... Does Colerain (or other schools in Ohio) look at a Coach like that ... With a solid pedigree ... With a selling point of "double dipping"? I heard a few years back ... that Princeton may have reached out ...not sure if true ... It would be hard to find a guy who brings an entire community together like he could. (I know Colerain has their guy ... So maybe just a thought for other schools)
Seriously? Noel Rash has an outstanding Youth Program (Spartans) and being a small School I’m sure way non Football related non sense that Colerain probably has to deal with. Noel Rash long been Player, community oriented and no non sense!

From the write up below....Nation wide search, 15 high profile coaches yet, The district wasted a lot of peoples time as they went in house with a long term coach that any quality district / program AD would have known met the qualifications without an interview.... "What we looked for when you're talking 80 applicants all over the country - 15 big-name head coaches in the area - even people out of the country, it was interesting," Stoinoff said. "I created an outline. And in that outline it was very detailed of what we needed."

Last edited:

I thought all along it would be an in house decision just like the superintendent and previous coaching hires because it fits the budget. NWLSD is a struggling school district that honestly has questionable leadership decisions would tell me they want the best for what they can afford. Public schools are big on, We are looking for someone who is in it for the kids, but the money does come into play at some point as people have families and goals themselves.
The district is struggling with community buy in to their old two HS model of education especially with the differences between the two high schools thus no levy passage.

Last edited:
Because the district won’t pay the money needed or create a position for any big name coach. The district does not value athletics at this point.
I wish the best for Coach Huber as well but you are not the only one asking WTH? I hope the district did not waste a lot of peoples time over the past month exploring a reported 80 applicants if they already had their guy in line for the job.
I think he wasn't their first choice thats why it took so long

Seriously? Noel Rash has an outstanding Youth Program (Spartans) and being a small School I’m sure way non Football related non sense that Colerain probably has to deal with. Noel Rash long been Player, community oriented and no non sense!
Spartans is not the youth program for Beechwood. The Spartans players split between Beechwood and Dixie Heights.

I think he wasn't their first choice thats why it took so long
I highly doubt they had 80 applications that the district took seriously. IMO, It was all a show that the district has put on for some time now.
I am guessing they had may 20 actually express genuine interest and they wasted the time of 19 of them.

No way, and I mean no way you have 80 applications 15 top tier coaches and come out to say in the interview Huber (although a good) guy was the unanimous #1 for his first head coaching position. I doubt they actually deliberated 8 hours as well for an assistant coach that honestly will not get much of a pay bump and has been around the team for the past 8 years.

Spartans is not the youth program for Beechwood. The Spartans players split between Beechwood and Dixie Heights.
Lots of youth talent from the two youth feeders for NWLSD. Maybe 3 if Hilltop Athletic is still around.

Last edited:
They probably lost a good amount of applicants when pay was discussed regardless of interest.
I agree, and call BS on 80 applicants and 15 high profile coaches....

Trust me coaches talk at the meetings and all the high profile area coaches knows what this district can afford....

I am thinking maybe 25/30 in total applied and 5 or 6 current HC... and of course the international guy that was out of the country...

No offense ... Have you spent much time in Fort Mitchell? I get that there are issues at Colerain ....but the rich people problems at Beechwood ...the Karen's and Ken's cause more issues in 15 minutes than Colerain sees in a week. Noel relates extremely well to working class (heck ... He is a pretty good dude and relates to any class...Colerain issues wouldn't scare him off). As was pointed out ...the Spartans haven't been a true feeder or any type of a feeder since things changed in the NKYFL and BCPWFL (none of these teams have boundaries like they did in the past) I do see your point though.

Take names out of it ...do schools like Colerain even think about situations as previously described? Or ... Is KY looked down on so much over there that no amount of championships are good enough? Money-wise it can't be much worse than it is for a guy like that in KY. Especially for teams like Colerain. Their school district and football stipend are probably a nice bump compared to many KY school districts.

Last edited:
I thought all along it would be an in house decision just like the superintendent and previous coaching hires because it fits the budget. NWLSD is a struggling school district that honestly has questionable leadership decisions would tell me they want the best for what they can afford. Public schools are big on, We are looking for someone who is in it for the kids, but the money does come into play at some point as people have families and goals themselves.
The district is struggling with community buy in to their old two HS model of education especially with the differences between the two high schools thus no levy passage.
No lies detected.

No offense ... Have you spent much time in Fort Mitchell? I get that there are issues at Colerain ....but the rich people problems at Beechwood ...the Karen's and Ken's cause more issues in 15 minutes than Colerain sees in a week. Noel relates extremely well to working class (heck ... He is a pretty good dude and relates to any class...Colerain issues wouldn't scare him off). As was pointed out ...the Spartans haven't been a true feeder or any type of a feeder since things changed in the NKYFL and BCPWFL (none of these teams have boundaries like they did in the past) I do see your point though.

Take names out of it ...do schools like Colerain even think about situations as previously described? Or ... Is KY looked down on so much over there that no amount of championships are good enough? Money-wise it can't be much worse than it is for a guy like that in KY. Especially for teams like Colerain. Their school district and football stipend are probably a nice bump compared to many KY school districts.
I have spent a good amount of time in Ft. Mitchell and at Beechwood in the last 8 yrs. One of my best friends sons graduated last year, his daughter 3 yrs ago and youngest son their now.

I doubt that Beechwood has 1/4 of the daily issues as Colerain a school with 1800 students 9-12. Beechwood is a 7-12 around 800 students...
Colerain is a large community 60K + residents and its unique location opens it up for illegal activities that impact instruction... (That gets delt with every day)...
Nothing against Northern Ky... but lets just use Colerain as an example....Colerain pummeled state champion Highlands and very good Ryle programs at their best a couple of times...
Beechwood does not have the amount of police to keep students safe in school or after school activities like Colerain has...Honestly Noel may be aware but not educated on the issues that surround programs like Colerain, Winton Woods etc. It takes a special coach for programs like these and CPS, NCH, MTH, etc programs.

Last edited:
I doubt that Beechwood has 1/4 of the daily issues as Colerain a school with 1800 students 9-12. Beechwood is a 7-12 around 800 students...
Colerain is a large community 60K + residents and its unique location opens it up for illegal activities that impact instruction... (That gets delt with every day)...
Nothing against Northern Ky... but lets just use Colerain as an example....Colerain pummeled state champion Highlands and very good Ryle programs at their best a couple of times...
Beechwood does not have the amount of police to keep students safe in school or after school activities like Colerain has...Honestly Noel may be aware but not educated on the issues that surround programs like Colerain, Winton Woods etc. It takes a special coach for programs like these and CPS, NCH, MTH, etc programs.
Well said. Noel walks on water at Beechwood. His issues are very few and far between and had crazy support from the school and community.

Fair points ... At the same time ... About 10 years ago ... A bunch of players were at a party that was busted by the cops ... Was the lead story for all local news stations 3 days in a row .... The punishment was front page news for a few more days after that.

A few months back ... A certain University of Kentucky female student was caught on film berating an African American student/employee ... That one made national news. I drove by on the Sunday when that occurred ... During the playoffs ... Fox, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS ... All reporting live at the top of the ramp. All wanting to talk to the head football coach for some reason.

I know that sounds few and far between ... All year you had certain parents who tried to make "physical" contact after games because little Jimmy wasn't good enough to start ... Same group belittling players on the field during games ... Still kept the team together to win another championship.

With that said ... I think people would be surprised how well those issues are managed on and off the field. Not to mention ... It would take about 30 seconds on research to realize how he grew up ..... It was more like Colerain (Lloyd Memorial closer to Colerain) than the Fort.

Either way ... My point is this ... About 2 minutes on the Google box would/should make the decision makers at a place Colerain a little more optimistic than what the reality probably was. No offense to the new hire ... But do you really think he is a better candidate than someone like Rash?

Again ... Takes names out of this. Does this hiring wreak of laziness or ... "we can control the new coach and he will do what we say" ....

At the end of the day ... There are some good coaches out there who check all the boxes ...plus the most important one in the NWT school district ... You know MONEY!!! Whether Noel ... Or someone else ... Is this really the best they can do at a very important time in the history of the program?

I have a relative who played at Colerain a few years back .... The alumni aren't overly impressed so far (I get it ... Lets see how the new coach does). I just think there are some really interesting options out there ... That could bring some hustle with the muscle.

Well said. Noel walks on water at Beechwood. His issues are very few and far between and had crazy support from the school and community
Interesting take .... There was zero school support until 5 years ago.

And again ...taking names out of this ... Was this the best they could? I will rest on my points that there are some very good coaches who would be interested in a place like Colerain. Regardless of who ... Just feels like the easy choice with minimal attempt to get a great coach.

Last edited:
GMC guy meaning a current HC at another GMC School? That be really strange!

Omar the Dbag, St. Lawrence is in Lawrenceburg! You never been to St. Lawrence on a recruiting or stalking visit? You need to stop out there, Elder needs your help🤣🤣🤣! The concession stand food is awesome and their Gym is older than old school!
Sorry, I forgot that’s so important. It’s not like it’s the only Catholic grade school in the SE Indiana area or anything.

Fair points ... At the same time ... About 10 years ago ... A bunch of players were at a party that was busted by the cops ... Was the lead story for all local news stations 3 days in a row .... The punishment was front page news for a few more days after that.

A few months back ... A certain University of Kentucky female student was caught on film berating an African American student/employee ... That one made national news. I drove by on the Sunday when that occurred ... During the playoffs ... Fox, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS ... All reporting live at the top of the ramp. All wanting to talk to the head football coach for some reason.

I know that sounds few and far between ... All year you had certain parents who tried to make "physical" contact after games because little Jimmy wasn't good enough to start ... Same group belittling players on the field during games ... Still kept the team together to win another championship.

With that said ... I think people would be surprised how well those issues are managed on and off the field. Not to mention ... It would take about 30 seconds on research to realize how he grew up ..... It was more like Colerain (Lloyd Memorial closer to Colerain) than the Fort.

Either way ... My point is this ... About 2 minutes on the Google box would/should make the decision makers at a place Colerain a little more optimistic than what the reality probably was. No offense to the new hire ... But do you really think he is a better candidate than someone like Rash?

Again ... Takes names out of this. Does this hiring wreak of laziness or ... "we can control the new coach and he will do what we say" ....

At the end of the day ... There are some good coaches out there who check all the boxes ...plus the most important one in the NWT school district ... You know MONEY!!! Whether Noel ... Or someone else ... Is this really the best they can do at a very important time in the history of the program?

I have a relative who played at Colerain a few years back .... The alumni aren't overly impressed so far (I get it ... Lets see how the new coach does). I just think there are some really interesting options out there ... That could bring some hustle with the muscle.
He was not the most qualified applicant, He did meet 3 important boxes. 1. Already established connection with the school/team teaching and coaching. 2. Alumni of the district well liked by players and staff 3. They could afford him....as he will not receive much of a pay bump . As far as bad press...FOX19 and Channel 12 have something against Colerain as they tend to always be around to report the bad but rarely the good.

Interesting take .... There was zero school support until 5 years ago.

And again ...taking names out of this ... Was this the best they could? I will rest on my points that there are some very good coaches who would be interested in a place like Colerain. Regardless of who ... Just feels like the easy choice with minimal attempt to get a great coach.
You can't be serious about Beechwood not having school support until 5 years ago. That place has by far the most school support in NKY.

Good teachers and coaches don't stay on that side of the river for very long unless they have great supports in place, when they could go a few minutes further into Hamilton County and make 20k+ more per year to deal with no support and a variety of other issues. Beechwood is a destination job for teachers and educators in NKY, and it isn't because of the pay, since they aren't the highest paying district, and max out on the salary schedule at 71k, it's a destination for educators and coaches because of outstanding parent and community support.

He was not the most qualified applicant, He did meet 3 important boxes. 1. Already established connection with the school/team teaching and coaching. 2. Alumni of the district well liked by players and staff 3. They could afford him....as he will not receive much of a pay bump . As far as bad press...FOX19 and Channel 12 have something against Colerain as they tend to always be around to report the bad but rarely the good.
It’s going to be Cutright 2.0….or worse.

Not very optimistic on this one. Hope I’m wrong.

This district always hires from within and keeps getting the same results. Bolden being a glaring exception.