Colerain at La Salle.

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
These two Northwest School District rivals around four miles apart meet for the 25th time with Colerain enjoying a 13-11 won-loss record against the Lancers. La Salle won the first game in 1976 34-24 and Colerain won the last meeting 23-0 in 2018. Game is at La Salle next Friday, August 20th beginning at 7:00.

Not the Colerain team of the past. Would not be surprised if this is a blowout.

Big hint, how many Colerain posters have you seen this season thus far? Decline is real.

Some of Colerain top players

MJ Flowers ran for 865 yards and 14 touchdowns, last year.

Lavert Jarman led the team with tackles last year with 64 total tackles, six sacks and one interception.

Temesghen Khasay had 26 tackles and four sacks last year

Zyair Anderson anchors their offensive line

Ken Willis is a top defensive back who has 51 total tackles and three takeaways enering into his third year as a starter.

I would be surprised if Colerain keeps it within 3 scores. Colerain getting steam rolled by Fairfield in the scrimmage and Lasalle beating Fairfield is all I think you need to know. ?‍♂️

I would be surprised if Colerain keeps it within 3 scores. Colerain getting steam rolled by Fairfield in the scrimmage and Lasalle beating Fairfield is all I think you need to know. ?‍♂️
Those are just scrimmages, though. We'll see what happens Friday. Hopefully La Salle can keep it close and have a chance to win in the end.

I'm not buying into the blowout calls. This is a neighborhood rivalry where a lot of kids know each other and bragging rights are at stake. Shelby Dermer who covers high school sports for the Enquirer claims that Colerain will have a strong team on paper. I honestly believe this game could go either way.

Last edited:
I don't know if I buy into the "Colerain is getting steamrolled" but losing 31-0 to Fairfield and then 21-0 to Moeller is very convincing for me to say as an educated guess.
Lancers 49 Colerain 10

Not that it matters: First team 14-0 LS First quarter maybe Colerain players will see the light and begin that transfer portal thing. not scoring in 2 scrimmages is telling.................

Not that it matters: First team 14-0 LS First quarter maybe Colerain players will see the light and begin that transfer portal thing. not scoring in 2 scrimmages is telling.................

It looked to me like Fairfield's first team tied it against La Salle's first team in the first half. Or did I miss something?

It looked to me like Fairfield's first team tied it against La Salle's first team in the first half. Or did I miss something?
SUBSTITUTES MADE UP MOST OF END OF FIRST AND SECOND/....... WHO'S TO SAY JUST HOW WELL OR WHAT THIS MEANS IN A REAL GAME

defensive backfield did not look too sharp for LS. nobody stood out but then you can't follow 'em too well with different jerseys and numbers

will find out in 5 days still no scoring by Colerain in 2 scrimmages may be the biggest news...................

I have no idea LaSalle’s talent this year, but I watched the Moeller v Colerain scrimmage. That was the worse Colerain team I’ve seen since before Coombs became HC. So, unless Colerain was holding out some players, LaSalle should beat them by 3-4 TD in my opinion. Colerain looked lost. Their fans looked frustrated as well. And I’m assuming LaSalle has talent like in years past, or close to it.

Is Colerain football just in a dry spot or is it trending downward overall?
Colerain football will likely be down this year and maybe next. However, there is a lot of talent coming in the next 2 years, that’s if they actually stay at Colerain. A lot of the more talented guys have been poached and transferred to other schools in the last 2 years. WW, Lakota West, LaSalle, Princeton and others have all benefited from incoming transfers from Colerain. Nothing the school can really do because of open enrollment status at most schools in the area.

Their current sophomore class is VERY talented but inexperienced obviously. It wouldn’t surprise me if they finish 7-3 but really come together at the end of the year.

SUBSTITUTES MADE UP MOST OF END OF FIRST AND SECOND/....... WHO'S TO SAY JUST HOW WELL OR WHAT THIS MEANS IN A REAL GAME

defensive backfield did not look too sharp for LS. nobody stood out but then you can't follow 'em too well with different jerseys and numbers

will find out in 5 days still no scoring by Colerain in 2 scrimmages may be the biggest news...................

Ah, gotcha. I assumed most of the 1s stayed in.

And Fairfield was subbing --- it was starters till 3rd possession of the second half - good scrimmage for both teams - both teams are pretty good

Here is quote from Greg Shoemaker about La Salle, " this is a veteran Lancers team that has gone 21-5 including a 9-1 mark in the playoffs over the past two seasons. They know what it takes and how to win. “The offseason is going well. The leadership and work ethic has been great,” head coach Pat McLaughlin states."