Coca-Cola is discontinuing Tab after nearly 60 years

eastisbest

I understand all of that. Can't remember if they had anything on hand to cleanse the palate. I've done taste testing there they provided the crackers and water between each sample.

FWIW, I have unusual tastes and preferences as it is. They could give all the saltines they wanted between samples, and some of those beverages were still going to taste funky to me.
I think he might be referencing the overall day-to-day diet. I do understand that, acquiring a taste for something. After while those other strange tastes in the diet don't seem so strange, may even be pleasant.

Some of those pops I had in SE Asia reminded me of my childhood chem set. Had no desire to acquire that taste.

Mr. Slippery

I think he might be referencing the overall day-to-day diet. I do understand that, acquiring a taste for something. After while those other strange tastes in the diet don't seem so strange, may even be pleasant.

Some of those pops I had in SE Asia reminded me of my childhood chem set. Had no desire to acquire that taste.
I caught that implication, but most of Pup's post emphasized the temporary effects that what one eats has on one's sense of taste. As I said, I taste tested a few things in my day (got paid to do it), so I understand. 1 of my taste testing gigs was at Wendy's HQ in Dublin. That was pretty cool.

I was always told that beer was an acquired taste, but most still taste terrible to me. I definitely drink them differently than I drink a beverage where I actually want to experience the taste. The difference now is years of experience has given me the ability to drink beers without wretching. That wouldn't have been the case right after I was "of age."

ohiopup

My apologies to Mr.Slippery, I sort of meant my 'effects on taste' both ways.

Pizz-poor- writing on my part, I should have used OUR and WE as the pronouns
of choice, and clearer on my intent.

After all as taste is chemistry and as they say "We are what we eat."

Here is a little tidbit on Coke during WW-II... Coke & troop morale...
V ----LINK----

This reminded me that for quite a long time you couldn't pick up a copy of
National Geographic with out seeing a Coca~Cola ad blazoned on the back
cover.

:>---

EGA

arizonawildcat

When my mother brought home from the grocery a 6-pack of Vernors ,my sister and I fought over who could get the first bottle. it was considered a treat.