Cobra Kai

Is it just me, or has the show far surpassed the movies at this point?
All but the original. The original is a classic and really the basis for the show. I have probably seen the original 50 or more times and I've probably watched the sequels in total 10 times.

All but the original. The original is a classic and really the basis for the show. I have probably seen the original 50 or more times and I've probably watched the sequels in total 10 times.

I agree it's a classic, but it's mostly a decent movie with a great ending.

I have enjoyed the show thus far, but I’m curious where the show is going after this season. I think the storylines have been exhausted after 4 seasons, but we shall see. Nothing worse than seeing a great show go a season (or more) too long.

Cobra Kai: Ralph Macchio Explains Why Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan Will Never Join the Show

Ralph Macchio explained why Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith will never have cameos in Netflix's Karate Kid spinoff series Cobra Kai.

"Anyone who knew Mr. Miyagi and interacted with Mr. Miyagi is canon for our show, for the Cobra Kai show," Macchio said on Jake's Takes. Since Chan and Smith's Karate Kid was a modern-day remake of the 1984 original film, Macchio concluded that their characters would not be able to associate with those from Cobra Kai because "They were not in that [Cobra Kai] world."

I’m not sure I’ve seen a show blur the lines of who is right and who is wrong as much as Cobra Kai has this season.

This continues to be one of the most underrated shows on right now.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a show blur the lines of who is right and who is wrong as much as Cobra Kai has this season.

This continues to be one of the most underrated shows on right now.
?I think, from the first few episodes of season one, the show has done a great job of explaining to the viewer, why.
If you know what a person has gone through and show their perspective of life, it helps. Even seeing Kreese’s upbringing helped me understand him better.

Finished season 4 last night. Thought it was solid and they left several story lines wide open. No doubt season 5 is on the way.

Yes, they were renewed for Season 5 a few months ago.
Finished season 4 as well. Plenty of cheese moments, but still good enough to continue watching.
Filming for Season 5 is complete per creator’s socials. IF they follow similar season 4 timeline, may be released by end of summer.

Finally finished this last weekend after stumbling through some of the middle episodes.

I liked it. Felt like the season really grew in depth towards the end. The show's ability to seamlessly reintegrate old Karate Kid characters and build their storylines is a great asset not to mention how well the show manages relationships in general.

Conflicted on Season 5. It's certainly fun and enjoybale, though maybe a step back from the last two seasons.

This was the first season I really felt like saying "where the hell are the police?"

Season 6 should be the final season, which it seems likely to be based on the end of Season 5, which at least gives some semblance of the endgame.

Finished up season 5 last night. Kind of corny this season. I think its about time to start wrapping it up. I asked my wife the other night why the hell are there never any police in the Valley lol.

Finished up season 5 last night. Kind of corny this season. I think its about time to start wrapping it up. I asked my wife the other night why the hell are there never any police in the Valley lol.
Agreed. I really enjoy the show but it seems time to wrap it up. Johnny has been one of the best characters on TV in some time.

Just finished Season 5. I really liked it - maybe my favorite season yet.

The finale definitely pushed the bounds of believability and might have tied up many of the season's loose ends a little too nicely, but nonetheless, it was still very entertaining.

Had my doubts about how Toguchi was going to fit in but he was very fun to watch. He had great chemistry with everyone.

Hope we get more of Silver in S6.

My hope for season 6 is that they will go to this big worldwide tournament and find out they are overwhelmed and overmatched. Then one of the fighters somehow makes it through to the championship for a Rocky type of theme (probably Miguel).

I don't want to see Silver regroup and take Cobra Kai to the tournament where they compete with Miyagi Fang for the worldwide championship.

My hope for season 6 is that they will go to this big worldwide tournament and find out they are overwhelmed and overmatched. Then one of the fighters somehow makes it through to the championship for a Rocky type of theme (probably Miguel).

I don't want to see Silver regroup and take Cobra Kai to the tournament where they compete with Miyagi Fang for the worldwide championship.

I think Silver’s done. And it won’t be Kreese because he’s now a fugitive.

If the Cobra Kai dojo lives on in the show, I think it will be led by Kim.

I do agree though that the endgame for the show is the worldwide tournament.

Every time I question who is actually the best fighter I still realize Miguel is. I think well is it Robby? Is it Hawk? Nope it's still Miguel!

I dunno, Robby and Miguel are pretty close, and I’m not sure Hawk is far behind.

They definitely over inflated Kenny’s skills this season.