Coaching Staff Numbers

CatchKokopelli

I have a coaching staff question that I would like to get some data on throughout Ohio.

1. Is your HS staff combined or separate? (1 head coach, both genders or head coach per gender)
2. How many assistant coaches does your program have?
3. What school (for comparison sake)
4. Does your school pay a meet manager for large invitationals?

KevinL

1. 1 combined head coach for HS. 1 combined head coach for MS. (In practice we work together).
2. No assistants.
3. Brookside HS, Division 2, 4 year average is 25 HS and 19 MS athletes.
4. We don't host a large invitational. (We do have a 12 team track invitational, we hire a timing company but no extra pay for our coaches that run various facets of the meet.)

This is information about Medina High School:
Cross Country
Boys - Head coach, one assistant coach
Girls - Head coach, one assistant coach
We host an invitational - Head boys coach is the meet director and gets paid $700
We host the district meet - assistant girls coach gets paid $400 to run the timing system that our boosters club purchased
Track
Boys - Head coach, three assistant coaches (pole vault and throws are shared with the girls)
Girls - Head coach, three assistant coaches (pole vault and throws are shared with the boys)
We host the Medina Relays and an assistant coach for the boys gets paid $400 to direct the meet and an assistant coach from the girls team gets paid $400 to run the timing system
We host the Medina "Last Chance Meet" and the same assistant coach gets paid $200 to run the timing system

We currently have 56 boys on the cross country team and 46 girls on the cross country team. Last spring we had about 90 boys and 80 girls on the two track teams.

Mr. Slippery

I have a coaching staff question that I would like to get some data on throughout Ohio.

1. 1 head coach handles both genders. From 1993-2010, there were separate head coaches. AFAIK, the 1 head coach gets like 1.5 stipends for coaching both and can then pay an assistant a small stipend and still save the school money vs. having 2 head coaches. Under the 2 head coach arrangement, I spent 6 seasons as a volunteer assistant w/ the boys' team.
2. 1 assistant.
3. A DIII private school. The school name is not as important as details like school size or team size. The current team has roughly 20 boys and 20 girls. Also, the school does not have sport-specific booster clubs or anything similar that might affect the way the XC program is financed.
4. No large invites and no additional compensation for those who direct the much smaller XC invite and Track and Field relay meet. Neither meet generates enough revenue to pay a meet manager. The meets' main function is to give my school and other independent schools like it a place to go during that weekend when most schools are competing at their league meets.

LincolnXC

Cross Country:
1. Separate: Boys/Girls have own coaching staff. Each middle school has own staff.
2. High School: Boys- 1 head Coach and 1 Assistant (67 athletes) / Girls- 1 head Coach and 1 Assistant (38 athletes)
Middle School- 2 coaches per middle school. Boys/Girls 7th and 8th combined at each school.
3. Gahanna
4. No Invitational