Coaching Openings in Summit County

I wonder, does the Hoban AD have a favorite candidate in mind, as some said he did for football?

Where is DB 04 when we need him.........

Hoban has a lot of talent returning next season. Are they hiring from within their staff? I think most of the guys have been there as long as coach Diestel. Would be nice to see a smooth transition.

The Hoban job should get some great candidates. That team has some serious talent there and will contend for state the next two seasons.

I agree, the Hoban coach had a fine track record during his time there. It appears his decision to move on was to take advantage of an opportunity to better himself professionally, so how could you fault the guy for making that move. Regarding the opinion that Hoban should compete for state titles the next few years due to the returning talent, I see that a multitude of returning seniors will be back. I just don't see the talent pool of returning Hoban juniors, both in numbers and talent, as strong as others may see it, due to transfers and injuries among a few talented Hoban juniors. Regardless, it should still be a most coveted job.

CF is not the program it was 10-15 years ago under Chris Carden when one of top teams in area, even state. Great tradition there but not much winning lately, but can't blame Farrell much seems like not a lot to work with and best players going to private schools. They play pretty tough schedule too.

Dietsel is going to be tough to replace, not only was he successful but class act.

I agree, the Hoban coach had a fine track record during his time there. It appears his decision to move on was to take advantage of an opportunity to better himself professionally, so how could you fault the guy for making that move. Regarding the opinion that Hoban should compete for state titles the next few years due to the returning talent, I see that a multitude of returning seniors will be back. I just don't see the talent pool of returning Hoban juniors, both in numbers and talent, as strong as others may see it, due to transfers and injuries among a few talented Hoban juniors. Regardless, it should still be a most coveted job.

They have a pretty strong sophomore class.