Coaches

It will be interesting to see how things shake out. I'm not aware of public schools getting any less money during the shutdown. Seems that all that tax money they have collected would still be distributed.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out. I'm not aware of public schools getting any less money during the shutdown. Seems that all that tax money they have collected would still be distributed.
I would expect that to be the case. The schools already received the money they're spending during this fiscal year. What happens next year fiscal year will depend on where the schools' funding comes from. Will the state have to reduce its funding contribution? I see problems occurring for any school district that derives some of its funding from a local income tax. Some districts have had better luck in recent years approving those levies instead of additional property taxes.

Incidentally, I envision many levies will be rejected when they count they count all the votes next Tuesday.

I saw in the newspaper that Minster High School made some rule changes due to the "Pandemic" and one of them was coaches would be paid a pro rated amount depending on games played. So - no games played this year, there would be no pay. I believe this was for future seasons and not this season. May affect football season.......

I saw in the newspaper that Minster High School made some rule changes due to the "Pandemic" and one of them was coaches would be paid a pro rated amount depending on games played. So - no games played this year, there would be no pay. I believe this was for future seasons and not this season. May affect football season.......
So, a bonus then for each post season game......?

Most schools like where I am paid coaches in full, but I am aware of a few that pro rated due to AD's wanting to make budget cuts.

I would have thought the budget was already in the can for this year, but I can see pay and even staff reductions for the next few years. Our school is rebuilding the front of the stadium. I hope they paid our coaches in full.

I would have thought the budget was already in the can for this year, but I can see pay and even staff reductions for the next few years. Our school is rebuilding the front of the stadium. I hope they paid our coaches in full.
Great point about the salaries already in the budget and one would hope most districts pay coaches in full as they put a lot of work in during the off-season as well.

So did any coaches find out if they are getting paid or have been paid now that season is done?

Our district ended up paying spring coaches 50% of their stipend, but they made it clear that next year if there are any seasons canceled or only partially played that coaches would only be paid the pro-rated portion of their stipend based on the amount of the season that was played.