Coaches Poll 11/1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/coaches/

How freaking Iowa jumps two spots and UC is just amazing! :wallbang: I really hope OSU just blows them out of the water and shows what a fraud they are. Iowa will get beat by 30 if they play Oregon in the Rose Bowl and by 20 if they play USC.

I really don't get the dislike for Iowa. What exactly makes them a fraud? They had six turnovers and still won 42-24, that to me is the mark of a good team, one taht can play bad and still win. Oregon beat Purdue 38-36, what makes you think they would beat Iowa by 30?

I really don't get the dislike for Iowa. What exactly makes them a fraud? They had six turnovers and still won 42-24, that to me is the mark of a good team, one taht can play bad and still win. Oregon beat Purdue 38-36, what makes you think they would beat Iowa by 30?

Because Oregon is on a huge roll and just smashing everyone they play right now. A blind man could see that. Iowa is a complete fraud, there's to many reasons to list. The officials really helped them in the IU game and IU peed down their leg for the second straight week. Turning the ball over 6 times isn't the sign of a good team no matter how you try and spin it.

Do you think Iowa should of jumped 2 spots and pass UC?

Because Oregon is on a huge roll and just smashing everyone they play right now. A blind man could see that. Iowa is a complete fraud, there's to many reasons to list. The officials really helped them in the IU game and IU peed down their leg for the second straight week. Turning the ball over 6 times isn't the sign of a good team no matter how you try and spin it.

I think Iowa is better than UC.

As for yesterday, Indiana got rolled when Iowa stopped turning the ball over. One bad call(if it was bad) is not the difference in an 18 point loss.

Still waiting to hear why Iowa is a fraud.

:thumb: :clap:

As for yesterday, Indiana got rolled when Iowa stopped turning the ball over. One bad call(if it was bad) is not the difference in an 18 point loss.

Look at their schedule and besides penn state they have not looked that impressive.

vs Northern Iowa 17-16
vs Arizona 27-17
vs Arkansas State 24-21
@ MSU 15-13
vs Indiana 42-24 Indiana was up by three going into fourth quarter. With Iowa getting some shady calls.

You can say they won those game and that's what counts but if they are top 5 in the country they should be rolling to majority of these teams. I can see like one game that is close with a below average team but over half of their wins are liek this. I just think this Iowa team is around 15-20 in the nation and that is the same for Penn State. I am not impressed with that win because Penn State is overrated this year.

N. Iowa
Ark. St.
IU
Bad QB play consistently

Please, the terrible call took back an IU TD to go way up and then they miss the FG. That was a HUGE turning point in the game and Iowa could of been dead after that.

What reasons is Iowa better than UC? It's not schedule, their D isn't better than UC's, and UC is light years ahead of Iowa offensively even with a backup QB playing.

Last edited:
I do believe UC is better than Iowa but being that Iowa is part of the Big Ten and they have always been historically known to compete on the national level allowed them to jump over UC. However now that they have lost to Indiana, Sit down son!

I do believe UC is better than Iowa but being that Iowa is part of the Big Ten and they have always been historically known to compete on the national level allowed them to jump over UC. However now that they have lost to Indiana, Sit down son!

I'm so confused by this post?????? :shrug:

All UC can do is take care of their business on the field. No need to jockey for positioning yet as there is still a lot of football to be played. In good news Pitt is now ranked #14 in the poll. If they could creep into the top 10 it could really boost the UCs profile when they meet up on the field. UC needs other programs to look great in order to move up. Pitt is the prime candidate. A win by USF over the U would be huge.

Cincinnati should be higher than Iowa, I feel confident in saying that. But does automatically mean they should be #4? I don't know about that. There are a lot of good football teams out there (including a few that have one loss) and I don't envy the job that faces the pollsters.

Cincinnati fans were excited about joining the Big East and with that becoming a BCS program. However they should respect the fact that they were lucky that those spots in the Big East opened up to begin with and that the Big East was close to losing its automatic BCS bid during that whole conference-shuffling mess. Whether fair or unfair, the Big East is still seen as not being on the same level as the Big XII, SEC, and Pac-10, and maybe even the Big Ten and ACC to some degree. The best thing that UC can do is keep winning and hope things work out in their favor.

N. Iowa
Ark. St.
IU
Bad QB play consistently

Please, the terrible call took back an IU TD to go way up and then they miss the FG. That was a HUGE turning point in the game and Iowa could of been dead after that.

What reasons is Iowa better than UC? It's not schedule, their D isn't better than UC's, and UC is light years ahead of Iowa even with a backup QB playing.

The teams are very evenly matched. To say that UC is way ahead of them is simply preposterous and blatant homerism. Iowa won at MSU, Wisky, and Penn State. If you think Cincinnati would blast all those teams on the road, you are smoking some serious crack.

PASS EFFICIENCY DEFENSE NATIONAL RANKINGS AFTER OCTOBER 31, 2009
Iowa 3
Cinci 22

KICKOFF RETURNS
Iowa 83
Cinci 10

Net Punting
Iowa 23
Cinci 57

PASSING OFFENSE
Iowa 45
Cinci 10

PASS DEFENSE
Iowa 26
Cinci 38

PASSING EFFICIENCY
Iowa 58
Cinci 1

PUNT RETURNS
Iowa 68
Cinci 7

RUSHING OFFENSE
Iowa 89
Cinci 57

RUSHING DEFENSE
Iowa 39
Cinci 38

SCORING DEFENSE
Iowa 13
Cinci 9

SCORING OFFENSE
Iowa 74
Cinci 5

TOTAL DEFENSE
Iowa 19
Cinci 24

TOTAL OFFENSE
Iowa 74
Cinci 8

TURNOVER MARGIN
Iowa 14
Cinci 3

Strength of schedule through 10-31 Year to Date
Iowa 618
Cinci 505

The teams are very evenly matched. To say that UC is way ahead of them is simply preposterous and blatant homerism. Iowa won at MSU, Wisky, and Penn State. If you think Cincinnati would blast all those teams on the road, you are smoking some serious crack.

What in my post do you disagree with? Everything I said was true.

BTW: Is USC still the best team in the country? Is their D still one of the best in the country? You have done very well on your ATS picks this year, but your eye for judging talented teams has been pretty poor. USC, VT, UC, and many other teams you have been really wrong about.

I just think this Iowa team is around 15-20 in the nation and that is the same for Penn State. I am not impressed with that win because Penn State is overrated this year.

I disagree. Penn State is a very solid team, and to beat them on the road is impressive as ----.

What in my post do you disagree with? Everything I said was true.

BTW: Is USC still the best team in the country? Is their D still one of the best in the country? You have done very well on your ATS picks this year, but your eye for judging talented teams has been pretty poor. USC, VT, UC, and many other teams you have been really wrong about.

USC is underachieving their talent level this year. They are loaded with 4 and 5 star players on both sides of the ball. I have a very good eye for judging talent levels

Iowa has wins over Arizona, Wiscy, and Penn State, which are better wins right now than any UC has. That is helping them with the computers. People forget that Arizona controls its own destiny in the Pac 10. If they win out they head to Pasadena. Of course that entails wins over Oregon and SC, but right now, that Arizona win looks really good on Iowa's resume.