Coach Frye retiring

Beezer70

Rumor out of St. Marys is Coach Frye has retired dont know if this is true or not so dont kill the messenger.

I remember him at Bucyrus, and made the Redmen very respectable at a place nearly impossible to win.

He took over St. Marys in the 90s after a few down years post Skip and almost immediately had them back to the playoffs perennially.

Went to Wapak, where contrary to popular belief NO ONE had won consistently in decades and got the ball rolling towards what they are now. Moyer kept it rolling, but Frye did the hard work.

Then he went back to St. Marys and totally revived a then dead program that actually went 0-10 one year.

Not everyone was a fan of the man or his actions, but no one can deny he was one of the best coaches the WBL has ever seen. When I was in school you knew St. Marys with Frye, OG with Shriner, Kenton with Mauk, and Defiance with Buti were going to be fogfights. Lots of fun games in that era.

He took over St. Marys in the 90s after a few down years post Skip and almost immediately had them back to the playoffs perennially.

Went to Wapak, where contrary to popular belief NO ONE had won consistently in decades and got the ball rolling towards what they are now. Moyer kept it rolling, but Frye did the hard work.

Then he went back to St. Marys and totally revived a then dead program that actually went 0-10 one year.

Not everyone was a fan of the man or his actions, but no one can deny he was one of the best coaches the WBL has ever seen. When I was in school you knew St. Marys with Frye, OG with Shriner, Kenton with Mauk, and Defiance with Buti were going to be fogfights. Lots of fun games in that era.
Does Elshire from Wapak ever get any love

Here would be a interesting developement Bo gets the St. Marys job and in a few years Moyer decides to step down in Wapak and Kobe decides he is ready to try a head coaching position. This would set up a rivaly that would be entertaining for years. Just a thought.

The smart money certainly would be on Bo getting the job. However, if they open it to the outsiders, things could get interesting. Just dont hire another Mark Hollars or Greg Phillips.

Will be interesting if it opens up to someone on the outside, with different offensive beliefs, could be a tough road ahead. A lot of teaching of concepts, definetly do able with the players and athletes there, but tough in year 1

I saw he wants to stay on as a assistant so it would have to be someone already on the staff no outsider would agree to the former coach on the staff

Don't put it pass the current DC Nick Yahl to at least be interested in the HC gig. He's a former player and been on staff for probably close to 10 years

Don't put it pass the current DC Nick Yahl to at least be interested in the HC gig. He's a former player and been on staff for probably close to 10 years
I definitely think they keep this in-house after what happened the last time Frye left.

Real tough day to be a Roughrider fan knowing that coach Frye won't be leading the troops on the sidelines come August. I think the SM community couldn't thank him enough for what he did for the program with his no-nonsense approach really got the ship in order after the clownshow of Hollars and Phillips.

Lets get this post out of the way because its coming.
They should consider Mike Cramer for the head coaching job with the job he did laying the foundation that is Marion Local football. There it has been asked like eveytime a head coaching position comes up this post comes with it. PLEASE for the love of GOD give this man a coaching job.

Instituted a culture change at Danville in late eighties, early 90's that still carries on to this day.