CMAC basketball 19-20

93 red ls

Just about here another exciting year of CMAC basketball in the tristate! If you have never been to a CMAC game you are missing out. Some of the most exciting basketball in the state! Fast paced up tempo!

this year will be no different!

Aiken- graduated D'Arris Dean (22pts a game) will be hard shoes to fill! Kid could pull up from anywhere in the gym.
returning Jakada Stone (18pts per game) greg stewart (12pts) Robbie Cass (9pts)

Taft-graduated chris'sean stringer (16pts per game) demarco Bradley (15pts per game) stringer was a HUGE force down low and a rebounding machine.
returning nekhi smith (20 pts per game) Mark Wise (18pts per game from Deer park has he been cleared for the 2nd half from OHSAA??) Rayvon Griffith (oyler MS top recruit for 2023)

Woodward- graduated Dionte McBride (27pts per game)
returning- aaron davis (9pts per game) Davion Mace (9 pts per game)

Hughes- graduated AB Harouna (11pts per game) tyon thompson (9 pts per game)
returning Paul McMillan (25 pts per game) Cam McKenzie (16 pts per game)

Western Hills- graduated Davarious Turner (11pts per game)
returning - Montev Ware (16pts per game) Demetrious Watkins (14 pts per game) Aboucar Cissie (12 pts per game)Zion renynolds (9pts per game)

Shroder-Graduated Dartanion Battle (17 pts per game)
returning - Kyle Cardenas (16 pts per game) Anthony Felder (9 pts per game)

there are going to be some GREAT battles in this league once again this year! and there is lots of young talent that will be flyin high all season!

Watched Woodward play last night as well as Deer Park. Good athleticism. Not a lot in the way of basketball skills. Pretty chaotic and sloppy

And just like that Mark Wise is back at DP... I seriously never want to hear publics complain about Catholic schools again.... The recruiting is completely out of control (at least in Cincy) with these schools.

Maybe they really liked a new academic program that's being offered.

There's obviously going to be no enforcement, so who cares. Who is anyone to say to a family what should be most important to them?

It's pretty obvious that sports is most important in some of these circumstances. The families choice and potential upside or downside to deal with in the future. That's on them - OHSAA is never going to be able to regulate that.

I actually think the OHSAA should get out of the enforcement business as much as possible. The Kentucky HSAA has a one-time transfer rule where they take no action (no transfers in-season is the only rule for a first transfer). This alleviates a lot of the problems with enforcing transfers. It should really be on the school district to decide who they will admit on shaky residency or open-enrollment grounds anyway.

I actually think the OHSAA should get out of the enforcement business as much as possible. The Kentucky HSAA has a one-time transfer rule where they take no action (no transfers in-season is the only rule for a first transfer). This alleviates a lot of the problems with enforcing transfers. It should really be on the school district to decide who they will admit on shaky residency or open-enrollment grounds anyway.

Or just have a policy where if you transfer you sit out the second half of the season plus tourney and no exceptions unless you move further than 50 miles.

Or just have a policy where if you transfer you sit out the second half of the season plus tourney and no exceptions unless you move further than 50 miles.

It's really not that hard to regulate this stuff and I'm not sure why the OHSAA keeps trying different options that just don't work. At this point I would prefer to split the tournaments into a Private/ Open Enrollment tourney and true public school tourney. It's simply not fair for the Taylor's and Blanchesters of the world to have to compete against these schools.

This is an issue that has been debated for years. Since the early 80,s Maryland Washington DC New York New Jersey Pennsylvania Virginia and Texas have always had separate tournaments. It is a common sense issue

This is an issue that has been debated for years. Since the early 80,s Maryland Washington DC New York New Jersey Pennsylvania Virginia and Texas have always had separate tournaments. It is a common sense issue

And just to be clear I don't want a public/private tournament, I want open enrollment publics playing with the Catholics and then the closed publics having their own tourney.

Watched Woodward play last night as well as Deer Park. Good athleticism. Not a lot in the way of basketball skills. Pretty chaotic and sloppy
I was hoping that Woodward would be able jump back into contention with Taft, Hughes and Aiken for the league title.

I think the league comes down to Woodward or Taft. I think Hughes and Aiken are below those two schools. I don't think any team will go through the season undefeated.