Club 2022-2023

I heard bentley was offered a spot on the red team
Oh wow. Guess he’ll be at OP again then. Although it’s very likely with less talent than 18 Red.
I think it’s fair to say that he’s comparable in talent to 18-1s two OHs, but if none would relent to playing RS or they didn’t wanna rotate, it makes sense to offer one of them the 18-2 spot.

Oh wow. Guess he’ll be at OP again then. Although it’s very likely with less talent than 18 Red.
I think it’s fair to say that he’s comparable in talent to 18-1s two OHs, but if none would relent to playing RS or they didn’t wanna rotate, it makes sense to offer one of them the 18-2 spot.
If it was close, I could see them offering Wheatley and Tombragel since they've been at Attack for years whereas Bentley would be new to the club.

The # of St. X players would become an issue. Already 3 St. X players accepted for the Red team. So only one of Terrell, Stewart, and Krebs could be offered that spot. The other 2 either got offered Black or Gold...

It makes me think one of Stewart or Terrell are still pending accepting for the Black team. It's either that or the Gold team could get 2 high level players
I hear Reed didnt try out this year.

Side note, but this roster structure also tells me that Bentley Meyer either didn't tryout for Attack or didn't accept their spot. I say that because I heard he was at some of their off-season trainings/open gyms, so thought maybe he'd be trying out.

Looks like he has accepted 18-1 OP along with the Berk twins. Honestly, probably the best move for him, seeing as he will be playing with his setter for 5 months up until the high school season.

Looks like he has accepted 18-1 OP along with the Berk twins. Honestly, probably the best move for him, seeing as he will be playing with his setter for 5 months up until the high school season.
If his goals are more X-oriented then yeah, it'll be better for him. Gonna be interesting to see how the rest of that roster pans out.

If his goals are more X-oriented then yeah, it'll be better for him. Gonna be interesting to see how the rest of that roster pans out.
OP 18-1 is up to 7 players accepted now.
OP 18-2 at 2 accepted.
OP 17-1 at 5 accepted.

Attack 18-2 at 7 accepted.
Attack 17-1 at 7 accepted.

OP 18-1 could be decent. A couple of good pins and the expected starting setter at St X. Not sure what they will have in the middle or passing-wise

OP 18-2 at 2 accepted.
OP 17-1 at 5 accepted.

OP 18-1 could be decent. A couple of good pins and the expected starting setter at St X. Not sure what they will have in the middle or passing-wise
Attack 18-2 has added Kaden Baltimore from Franklin high school in Indiana. Looks like a libero. Does this mean Harvey is not playing club?

Attack 18-2 has added Kaden Baltimore from Franklin high school in Indiana. Looks like a libero. Does this mean Harvey is not playing club?
Don't see him or Lanter anywhere which is really interesting. It'd be a shame if they didn't accept because they didn't make 18-1 because they'd be the top guys on 18-2.

OP 18-2 at 2 accepted.
OP 17-1 at 5 accepted.

Looks like they have Oliver from Moeller and I think he's a DS. Would probably function as their libero. He was at Attack last year on 16-1, but wasn't their libero. Not sure how much time he saw as a DS.

Nice. Glad they're still playing. That roster looks interesting. Some good talent that's gonna be super tall in the middle, but relatively short on both pins.
If i were to speculate, they will be running a 6-2.

OH - Lanter
OH - Tressler
MH - Ray
MH - Wilcox
OPP - Shields
OPP - Krebs
S - Carmasino
S - Dollard
L/DS - Harvey & Baltimore

OH - Lanter
OH - Tressler
MH - Ray
MH - Wilcox
OPP - Shields
OPP - Krebs
S - Carmasino
S - Dollard
Should be a solid squad with 2 guys that did not play setter at all last year. Hope they can progress well

OH - Lanter
OH - Tressler
MH - Ray
MH - Wilcox
OPP - Shields
OPP - Krebs
S - Carmasino
S - Dollard
I guess it just depends on what's done with Shields and Wilcox, as both played middle for their club teams last year, but then played Opp for their high school teams. Wouldn't doubt that they rotate positions so both get reps at both. Setting will no doubt be the biggest question mark.

Looks like they have Oliver from Moeller and I think he's a DS. Would probably function as their libero. He was at Attack last year on 16-1, but wasn't their libero. Not sure how much time he saw as a DS.
the OP 18-1s have filled out while the 18-2s have disappeared which leads me to believe a few players were brought up from the initial 2s offers to fill out the 1s. Not sure who the second MB will be for them, but the starting group doesn't look too bad if it's something like this:

OH1 - Bentley Meyer (St X)
OH2 - Berkemeier (St X)
S - Berkemeier (St X)
OPP - Jack Wagner (Fenwick) - very good last year as a young guy on varsity, played OH I believe
MB1 - Klenke (Loveland) - was on OP 18-1 last year. He's like 6'9 or there about
MB2 - ??
L - Stewart (St X) or Oliver (Moe) - both solid players
DS - Stewart or Oliver
DS - Miller (Loveland)

Which leaves one of Van Norman (West Clermont) or Essiam (Fairfield) as MB2 unless they add to the roster.

I guess it just depends on what's done with Shields and Wilcox, as both played middle for their club teams last year, but then played Opp for their high school teams. Wouldn't doubt that they rotate positions so both get reps at both. Setting will no doubt be the biggest question mark.
Speaking on Dollard, he's someone who certainly has the skill and volleyball IQ to be a quality setter but I would've predicted him to be Moeller's Libero in the Spring so I'll be interested to see what they end up doing with him.

Speaking on Dollard, he's someone who certainly has the skill and volleyball IQ to be a quality setter but I would've predicted him to be Moeller's Libero in the Spring so I'll be interested to see what they end up doing with him.
Honestly, I thought he might take the Nate Renneker role of being a smaller OH but scrappy and smart opposite of Haggerty. You have Luke Oliver as a potential libero as well.

It looks like Marcum will be running a 5-1 for 17-1s as well, so not sure Dollard will be setting. If something were to happen to Marcum, maybe him and Yox run a 6-2? Kind of agree that he'll likely take on the Renneker role, though.

Based on last years roster, this is how I imagine it will pan out for Moeller

S - Marcum
OH - Hagerty
OH - Patterson/Dollard/Todd
MH - Threm
MH - Patterson/Ernst
OPP - Geselbracht
L - Dollard/Oliver

I mean I know I have a little "insider trading" info but my thought was

S-Marcum
OH1-Hagerty
MB1-Patterson
OPP-Geselbracht
OH2-Blomer (who doesn't seem to be playing club?) with Oliver/Rahe DS
MB2-Threm
L-Dollard

S-Marcum
OH1-Hagerty
MB1-Patterson
OPP-Geselbracht
MB2-Threm
L-Dollard
McAneny could help at L as well...atleast give some support. True Blomer is by choice which I totally get.

S-Marcum
OH1-Hagerty
MB1-Patterson
OPP-Geselbracht
MB2-Threm
L-Dollard
Agreed. Can't imagine they will go thru the Patterson/OH experiment again.

Moe should be looking at a 3-peat this year. X will give them a good run for their money. Elder will likely be a bit down.
Yeah. There’s kind of a rotation of strong teams based on who has the most seniors (generally), so the fact the Moeller was able to knock off one of Elder’s very senior heavy teams and are now poised to have their own senior heavy team is a good sign. Obviously though, as we saw last year, nothing is guaranteed until you’re holding the trophy.

Yeah. There’s kind of a rotation of strong teams based on who has the most seniors (generally), so the fact the Moeller was able to knock off one of Elder’s very senior heavy teams and are now poised to have their own senior heavy team is a good sign. Obviously though, as we saw last year, nothing is guaranteed until you’re holding the trophy.
Do we know for sure what the State tournament format is yet?

If still 2 teams from each region, could Walnut sneak into that spot? They obviously lost their setter and senior middle (which is not as big of a loss)- but there is still a lot of talent there. Could they beat St X again?

I think St X will be stronger than last year despite losing the setter, though.

Do we know for sure what the State tournament format is yet?

If still 2 teams from each region, could Walnut sneak into that spot? They obviously lost their setter and senior middle (which is not as big of a loss)- but there is still a lot of talent there. Could they beat St X again?

I think St X will be stronger than last year despite losing the setter, though.
I haven’t heard anything besides the new regional alignments. I would go with no though, Walnut’s close to being in the conversation and certainly could be poised to get the upset, but 9 times out of 10 I would take St X.

X will still be very good with a TON of depth. It will be interesting to see what lineup they settle on in the season

OHs - Meyer, Tressler, Berkemeier
MHs - Jones, Shields, Boyett, Bender
OPPs - Shields, Terrell, Pung
S - Berkemeier, Tran
L - Stewart, Krebs, Byrum

That's 14 guys that would see the court on every other team in the state IMO

Walnut will again be very relient on the OHs. I did not see Limoco on any club team roster, but the senior Wilkins is back at Attack. Both would be starters for Walnut.

OH - Wheatley, Tombragel
MH - Wilkins, ?
OPP - Moyer
S - Limoco?
L - Dinardo