Cleveland Guardians

I get coughing fits that go on for several minutes. I thing that's the pneaumonia. Leaves my chest aching. The covid, on the other hand, leaves me weak with no energy. I'm getting better day by day but it's a long haul. Have to admit that I'm surprised you have a wife. The poor woman, and that's not just because she had covid.

I really enjoyed this moment in last night's game. Young man, Will Brennan, just called up from the minors, gets his first hit and first RBI. Love the reaction of his parents, especially mom. with all of the bad things happening in sports, it's still about dreams and recalls the days of having fun playing the game.

I really enjoyed this moment in last night's game. Young man, Will Brennan, just called up from the minors, gets his first hit and first RBI. Love the reaction of his parents, especially mom. with all of the bad things happening in sports, it's still about dreams and recalls the days of having fun playing the game.

My wife was all over this when it happened, she related to the joy that mom was feeling. For any family that has had to sacrifice time & $s to help a child chase their dream this was the payoff moment. Good for them and I wish the Will Brennan best of luck with his career; not the highest rated prospect but who knows, he has produced so far in every level he has played at.

My wife was all over this when it happened, she related to the joy that mom was feeling. For any family that has had to sacrifice time & $s to help a child chase their dream this was the payoff moment. Good for them and I wish the Will Brennan best of luck with his career; not the highest rated prospect but who knows, he has produced so far in every level he has played at.
He looked good last night, and also made a nice catch.

All eyes on the mediocre Browns and their dysfunctional organization, while the Guardians finish the sweep of the White Sox in Chicago as they cruise toward a division title.

Browns should be forced to watch the Tribe so they can see what a team looks like, what trust looks like and what hard work looks like.

What a great addition has Steven Kwan been. Impressive.
To me he is an old school leadoff hitter. Works the pitcher, rarely strikes out, takes his walks, slaps the ball to all fields, steals a base, takes the extra base, etc. He also plays an excellent left field.

IMO this entire team plays old school ball. I am not saying they will have the same success of course, but the way they play reminds me of the Dodgers teams of the mid-60s. Fundamentally sound. Not much HR power top to bottom in the lineup but timely hitting, guys that can steal bases, take the extra base and keep pressure on the defenses and of course great pitching. They also seem to be using the bunt to move runners a little more of late. I would like to see a bit more of that when the situation calls for it. No matter what happens the rest of the season I really like the way this team plays the game.

Lots to be encouraged about...

Youngest team in the majors; an organization that has proven over time that they develop pitching talent. Now they have a much better stable of young, quality hitters.

The downside is that the market is small; the money is slim; and the American Central is basically a minor league division.

Guardians can clinch the division today.

My only two major concerns heading into the postseason are Jose Ramirez fading a bit at the plate due to exhaustion, which can be fixed (hopefully) with some rest after the clinching AND I just don’t really trust Clase to close out playoff games. Not much that can be done about that, but I sure hope to be proven wrong.

The Guardians are playing with house money, though, so anything they do in the playoffs is just frosting on the cake. I didn’t expect this success this year, but it sure has been fun watching this young bunch scrap and grow. Props to Tito for guiding them to a division title!

The expectations next season will be high, but this year’s team should be feeling no pressure this October.

No doubt a bad call. BUT the writer suggesting that MLB "just review every potential scoring play like the NFL does" is also bad.
It's exactly what should happen. Scoring plays have a direct impact on the outcome.

All eyes on the mediocre Browns and their dysfunctional organization, while the Guardians finish the sweep of the White Sox in Chicago as they cruise toward a division title.
Browns are in the same position as the Tribe, first place.

It's exactly what should happen. Scoring plays have a direct impact on the outcome.

I think that i misunderstood the writer's intent. If he (and you) are referring to close plays at the plate, yes I'm all for it.

Lol at myself, this is what I originally had in mind;
Im the base runner on 3rd and you're the batter. You lace a clean single to centerfield. I trot home to score as the throw goes into second base. The writer wants MLB to stop the game to review the score.

Go Tribe!

Now THAT'S the way to lock up a division! Mr. Kwan with the grand slam to make it 10-2 Guardians in the 8th.

PS: I can only speak for myself of course but I do not want to see Mr. Miller at 1B in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Now THAT'S the way to lock up a division! Mr. Kwan with the grand slam to make it 10-2 Guardians in the 8th.

PS: I can only speak for myself of course but I do not want to see Mr. Miller at 1B in the playoffs.
It's Naylor.

Miller is nowhere close to an MLB first baseman.

That post came post-Jets/pre-Steelers. Turned on the local sports talk and it was all Browns on what was a big day for the Guardians.
Cleveland/NEO being dominated by football talk shouldn't surprise anyone.