Cleveland Guardians

They also seem to be using the bunt to move runners a little more of late. I would like to see a bit more of that when the situation calls for it. No matter what happens the rest of the season I really like the way this team plays the game.

I really do like the way the team plays the game but last night in the 4th inning is exactly what I was talking about above. They had just cut the lead to 4-2 and had runners at 1st & 2nd, nobody out and Hedges up. The man is hitting .167. That situation called for the bunt IMO. If they had executed the bunt and moved the runners up they would have tied the game at 4 in that inning instead of trailing 4-3 and maybe they win 5-4 in 9 innings when they scored the 4th run to tie it in the 8th. I could see it if Hedges just cannot bunt but I have seen him successfully execute a bunt on more than one occasion.

GO GUARDS!

Attendance…

The new name is, no doubt, a drag on attendance. The vast majority don’t care or don‘t care much, but some small, but meaningful percentage do (15%?). And those who don’t care…the name still hasn’t caught on that well.

The weather yesterday and tonight was lousy in Cleveland, but, in recent years, partly due to weather and also school being in session, the crowds are extremely light (especially during the week) before Memorial Day and after Labor Day…about 35 games out of 81.

Last edited:
Attendance…

The new name is, no doubt, a drag on attendance. The vast majority don’t care or don‘t care much, but some small, but meaningful percentage do (15%?). And those who don’t care…the name still hasn’t caught on that well.

The weather yesterday and tonight was lousy in Cleveland, but, in recent years, partly due to weather and also school being in session, the crowds are extremely light (especially during the week) before Memorial Day and after Labor Day…about 35 games out of 81.
I think the Guardians did about as well with the name change as could've been expected this first year. It was gonna be an uphill battle and the weather, while typically unpredictable for Cleveland, didn't help this season.

First year with the name change, put an energetic, young team on the field with an endearing manager and add some great individual performances and come-from-behind wins and you have what I think is about the best scenario the Guardians could've hoped for. I think they'd have been much less successful with a veteran, jaded lineup than what they have now. All for the best.

I have tickets for a potential Game 3 of the wild card series, which I hope I don’t use and the Guardians win that series 2-0. And I have tickets for what will be Game 3 of a series with the Yankees, which I hope I do get to use.

Almost 40 pitches later, and walking the bases loaded, Stephan gets out of it and the Guardians take 2 of 3 from the Rays.

I have tickets for a potential Game 3 of the wild card series, which I hope I don’t use and the Guardians win that series 2-0. And I have tickets for what will be Game 3 of a series with the Yankees, which I hope I do get to use.
Are you looking to sell or just bragging?

Are you looking to sell or just bragging?
Neither. Just happy to be able to experience the thrill of postseason baseball again. Attendance has been so poor this year I hope these games all sell out. I love the way this team plays the game. They deserve a full house.

I assume he was finally giving Clase a rest, seeing how fans were blasting Tito for overusing him, even after they clinched.
I’m sure he was resting Clase, as he should. Stephan just happens to be one of the pitchers I don’t trust in important games. Especially the playoff games.

I am going to Game 2 of the first series, with a potential WS Game

Looking more and more like it's going to be Tampa Bay as their WC opponent. Like others, I like that matchup - definitely more than Seattle.

Looking more and more like it's going to be Tampa Bay as their WC opponent. Like others, I like that matchup - definitely more than Seattle.
When I looked at TB's last nine games, all on the road, as I posted earlier, I thought it would be them. Much tougher schedule than Seattle. I believe the Guardians have won 4 of 6 from TB but they have all been pretty close games. I think I would also rather see them than Seattle.

So, is Mr. Brennan on the post season roster? If so, do you start him in RF & let OG just DH?

Also, Beiber is starting the 1st WC game. Usually McKenzie follows him & then Quantril. If the Guardians lose game one, since Quantril has never lost at home, do you move Quantril up to start game 2?

When I looked at TB's last nine games, all on the road, as I posted earlier, I thought it would be them. Much tougher schedule than Seattle. I believe the Guardians have won 4 of 6 from TB but they have all been pretty close games. I think I would also rather see them than Seattle.

So, is Mr. Brennan on the post season roster? If so, do you start him in RF & let OG just DH?

Also, Beiber is starting the 1st WC game. Usually McKenzie follows him & then Quantril. If the Guardians lose game one, since Quantril has never lost at home, do you move Quantril up to start game 2?
Agree, you want Tampa. They are going to be tired.

As for Bieber, he has been ridiculous. Since August, he has made 12 starts and allowed 19 earned runs. 80 K and 8 BB during those 12 starts. Just crazy numbers. I suspect he will keep rolling...

I like a lot of what I've seen of Brennan.

Small sample size, yes, but he looks like a player.

I like a lot of what I've seen of Brennan.

Small sample size, yes, but he looks like a player.
Definitely a small sample size but in the brief time he has been with the team he looks like a better defensive outfielder than OG. OG's bat has to be in the lineup though.

Leaves only Morgan, Stephan, Karanchick and Clase on the list of pitchers I fear will meltdown in a playoff game. Hopefully the Guardians will score some runs and the starters go deep.