Cleveland Cavaliers’ lottery fortune changes, will pick No. 3 in 2021 NBA Draft

A lot of them already off of the board!
Definitely flying off the board fast, and at prices I don't think the Cavs could have fit in. Probably not a great sign when Dougie McBuckets is signing for $14 million a year and his only value is perimeter shooting.

The summer league games look like AAU games to some extent, and this is just the first game for the Cavs and Rockets, but I would trade Mobley and Sexton for Jalen Green. Houston would wisely turn down that trade. Mobley might develop into a star someday. Green will be a star very soon. Heck, I’d toss Okoro in with Mobley and Sexton and Houston would still turn down the deal. Green will be a superstar.

I'm not surprised. Green was scoring against equal or better competition in the G League last year than what he's facing in a less structured summer league environment. He should look good.

The Cavs are fortunate to have gotten any of the top 3 prospects. I would expect Mobley to make a much bigger impact defensively out of the gate and the offense will start to mature after a few years.

I'm not surprised. Green was scoring against equal or better competition in the G League last year than what he's facing in a less structured summer league environment. He should look good.

The Cavs are fortunate to have gotten any of the top 3 prospects. I would expect Mobley to make a much bigger impact defensively out of the gate and the offense will start to mature after a few years.
Sure. Mobley will not be a bust, by any means. He has a lot of physical development and game development to do to reach his potential, though. I think he can become a star. Green might become a transcendent player, however. I wish it would have been with the Cavs.

Sure. Mobley will not be a bust, by any means. He has a lot of physical development and game development to do to reach his potential, though. I think he can become a star. Green might become a transcendent player, however. I wish it would have been with the Cavs.
It is what is is at this point. Mobley has enough ceiling where he could be the cornerstone of a legit championship contender down the road.

I personally liked Green a lot and think he has a very high ceiling as a scorer, but that kid has a lot to work on as well between improving consistency and getting bulked up some, especially if the rules do in fact start becoming a little less offensive friendly beginning this year. Right now he is the most athletic kid with a lot of offensive skills running wild in what's a lot like AAU or an open run. I'll be interested to see how he develops.

It is what is is at this point. Mobley has enough ceiling where he could be the cornerstone of a legit championship contender down the road.

I personally liked Green a lot and think he has a very high ceiling as a scorer, but that kid has a lot to work on as well between improving consistency and getting bulked up some, especially if the rules do in fact start becoming a little less offensive friendly beginning this year. Right now he is the most athletic kid with a lot of offensive skills running wild in what's a lot like AAU or an open run. I'll be interested to see how he develops.
It’s the raw skills and attitude that all scream superstar with Green. Some athletes just ooze the “it” factor. He’s one of them.

Pretty interesting Mobley highlight reel from yesterday IMO. Defensively showed a ton of versatility and prowess protecting the rim. Offensively got banged around at times showing a major need to add bulk, but also showed flashes of a wide range of skills including attacking and creating in space with a few dribbles, being able to face up and shoot in the high post area, and appearing to have enormous pick and roll potential once on the floor with a legitimate NBA guard like a Garland or a Sexton.

The value of the big man has downgraded across the board over the last decade, but the rare run and jump big athlete that has some modern offensive skills like a Giannis, AD, or Embiid still retains enormous value and can be a championship cornerstone. This guy definitely has the feet and foundational skill level to be that guy down the road.

I wasn’t paying attention to who was calling the game yesterday but I found myself agreeing with the someone who liken Mobley to the Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh, etc style big man. Starts out more as a 4 and move to the 5 after bulking up some over the first few years.

I wasn’t paying attention to who was calling the game yesterday but I found myself agreeing with the someone who liken Mobley to the Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh, etc style big man. Starts out more as a 4 and move to the 5 after bulking up some over the first few years.
The more I see, he seems a lot like a combination of those two guys. Looks a lot like Anthony Davis on defense and a lot like Chris Bosh on offense.

Obviously a lot that can still happen developmentally, but if he can add 30+ lbs over the next 2-3 years I see him consistently being an all-star and all-NBA for several years.

These might just be summer league games, but Green has all the offensive skills and a killer instinct. He is going to be a stud.

Only summer league but...Green got his rear end cooked by Cunningham when he tried to guard him, and didn't do much when guarded by Cunningham.

I like the attitude and think he has a crazy high ceiling, but Cunningham is a much better player right now and should have gone #1. Total no brainer. The only argument against that is all of the dumb internet fanboys who were falling over Cunningham and Mobley and now think they're overrated because they got drafted by Detroit and Cleveland.

These might just be summer league games, but Green has all the offensive skills and a killer instinct. He is going to be a stud.
Kobe Bryant/Tracy McGrady like ability to fill it up with a better perimeter shot. Crazy high ceiling if he adds 30 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leads the league in scoring several times.