Cleveland area rankings...Hudson

standup

Ranking fun to look at loose credibility when I see a team like Hudson being ranked so high; please some one explain to me how or who does them and what is the logic. 4 losses and two ties. Rankers get a clue!

The OSSCA poll lists Hudson at 7-3-1, though 7-3-2 would have been the proper record for poll process as the local polling is done on Friday.

Cleveland district ranking: St. Ignatius, Avon, Strongsville
Akron district ranking: Medina, Masillon Jackson, Hudson

Worthington Kilbourne is ranked very highly in the poll
North Royalton is not eligible for ranking, since they were not one of the three teams the Cleveland association put up for nomination (though they have been in the poll at points of the season).

From a process standpoint, all ten districts have the right to put up three teams for ranking, then the poll coordinator for each district ranks those teams, evidently now 1-to-15.

Thank you Lord Bucksman! Who knew your awesome polling and ranking data was applied to more than just wrestling! Thank you for the great and detailed reply :)

standup: I have nothing to do with the soccer rankings. I just know the protocol for the OSSCA poll, and that it starts with the local coaches association nomination, in which most cases are done by their coaches polls.

Given that two of those four losses come against undefeated teams (one being the defending state champs), I'd say that the difficulty of the schedule is being factored into their ranking. That's not an easy schedule that Hudson has.