Clear Fork Football Coach Named NW District D IV Coach Of The Year...FIRED

FWIW, I’ve seen plenty of teams shake hands, do the band thing, THEN go straight to the locker room for post-game talk. Once the talk is over, they go out and mingle. Was this the protocol for CF? I have no idea.

But I feel like others have said; it’s just scratching the surface.

In his mother’s eyes, she (presumably) expects you to set a good example in what you say to her kid. The concept of speaking with tact might not mean anything to you, and that’s fine, but clearly it means something to her. That doesn’t make her a snowflake, and evidently being the kid’s grandparent doesn’t give you carte blanche to say whatever you please to him. Because his mom said so.

Those are pretty easy lines in the sand to follow, dude. Not everything is an argument, and not everything has to be rationalized or validated!
I know this is off topic other than addressing a "snowflake", which was the original intent of my post; however, I give you this for consideration.
First, everything is an argument and needs to rationalized or validated...Its called an opinion, which people do not agree. Just take a look at the political spectrum of todays society. Second, I am not a wordsmith or the best at writting to clarify a point; however, it is not my responsibility to actually read and inerpret those statements for you that I wrote (A MOTHER, not his mother, WTF?!?). Just like CNN or MSNBC you gather words that are not in context and make a big deal out of it. You, sir, are off base. Read the statement and do not interject your opinion until you have the facts. That goes for you and all the other thumbs up idiots to your post.

I have thought long and hard over your post and I give you this and how much of Man my little grandson has become, then it will be dropped from my mind. No need for your retort, it will only make you look more stupid.

My grandson looked at the trophy and didnt understand how he is winner by finishing second, thus my (joking) statement, that had truth. Smarter than you already at 11? Yes. His goal is to go to West Point and be a Ranger. More balls than you? Yes. He comes to my house every day to shoot baskets and this past Saturday while scraping the snow off the drive, he tells me he loves me for helping him to be better and wants that championship trophy. Better persepective on winning and losing than you? Yes. I do not need to, nor do I, blow smoke up his a** for him to know he is my sun and moon. Yet, my pride is not in this young man's attention to athletic accomplishments but his willingness to help me rake leaves for the disabled veteran next door or cutting his grass, without payment nor sitting down with me to discuss Dostoevsky, "The Idiot". Smarter than you? Assurredly so. He does what is right and that I am proud to the point of tears. He reminded me a month or so ago about a Lomdardi statement, from the books I read to him when he was little, "you show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". He will not allow himself, nor will his mother, father, stepfather or I allow him to accept mediocrity as the basis of success.

So when push comes to shove, the grandson that knows I adore him more than life, will ultimately be on the front line to preserve your right to raise your children/granchildren as your see fit, and without question or complaint. Don't you, or those other thumbs up to your posts, ever doubt my pride and the way I choose to raise my grandson.

Last edited:
Your comment to your grandson was needless, tacky and thoughtless. His mom was right to chastise you.
Truth hurts. His kid didn’t win. This country that you benefit from wasn’t built or maintained by those who except 2nd place trophies not should it be taught. It’s an accomplishment, yes it is. But it shouldn’t be considered anything more. Then your teaching and preaching complacency, and we all know there is enough of this being taught to our youth. You have to fight these ideals tooth and nail. A Champion should get the reward, not the non champion. It defeats the spirit of competition and effort. Would you want a “Champion Doctor” doing your heart surgery?? Or a 2nd or 3rd or participation trophy on his wall for the “ACCOMPLISHMENT” of just attending the school. Would you want a doctor to be AWARE he has to get better before operations or have his mommy tell him he is great. Be satisfied with your participation trophy. Your special and don’t need to get better hunny. SOFTTTT

So who amongst the administrations family or friends is getting the job next year.

That’s the actual problem. The manufactured one about abandoning a team, who all of them know there way to the locker room by now,
Should have celebrated and left the field.

So who amongst the administrations family or friends is getting the job next year.

That’s the actual problem. The manufactured one about abandoning a team, who all of them know there way to the locker room by now,
It may guess before school lets out before a new coach is hired, May(ish) timeframe?. Anyting early say, Jan/Feb, tells me there was a bat in the belfry. Timing is everything. There has to be more to this than what has been put out so far.

I know this is off topic other than addressing a "snowflake", which was the original intent of my post; however, I give you this for consideration.
First, everything is an argument and needs to rationalized or validated...Its called an opinion, which people do not agree. Just take a look at the political spectrum of todays society. Second, I am not a wordsmith or the best at writting to clarify a point; however, it is not my responsibility to actually read and inerpret those statements for you that I wrote (A MOTHER, not his mother, WTF?!?). Just like CNN or MSNBC you gather words that are not in context and make a big deal out of it. You, sir, are off base. Read the statement and do not interject your opinion until you have the facts. That goes for you and all the other thumbs up idiots to your post.

I have thought long and hard over your post and I give you this and how much of Man my little grandson has become, then it will be dropped from my mind. No need for your retort, it will only make you look more stupid.

My grandson looked at the trophy and didnt understand how he is winner by finishing second, thus my (joking) statement, that had truth. Smarter than you already at 11? Yes. His goal is to go to West Point and be a Ranger. More balls than you? Yes. He comes to my house every day to shoot baskets and this past Saturday while scraping the snow off the drive, he tells me he loves me for helping him to be better and wants that championship trophy. Better persepective on winning and losing than you? Yes. I do not need to, nor do I, blow smoke up his a** for him to know he is my sun and moon. Yet, my pride is not in this young man's attention to athletic accomplishments but his willingness to help me rake leaves for the disabled veteran next door or cutting his grass, without payment nor sitting down with me to discuss Dostoevsky, "The Idiot". Smarter than you? Assurredly so. He does what is right and that I am proud to the point of tears. He reminded me a month or so ago about a Lomdardi statement, from the books I read to him when he was little, "you show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". He will not allow himself, nor will his mother, father, stepfather or I allow him to accept mediocrity as the basis of success.

So when push comes to shove, the grandson that knows I adore him more than life, will ultimately be on the front line to preserve your right to raise your children/granchildren as your see fit, and without question or complaint. Don't you, or those other thumbs up to your posts, ever doubt my pride and the way I choose to raise my grandson.
loved your posts, you are helping your grandson the right way!!! you have to in whats happening across America today.... I raised my son, that NOBODY outworks you, they may be faster, more athletic, and smarter, but nobody determines your work ethic but you!!!! another Lombardi rule is be 15 minutes early to every meeting, otherwise you are LATE...... KEEP SWINGING!!!!

As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story!" There's more smoke in this story. For the guy that doesn't know where Clear Fork is, it;s in southern Richland County, mostly in the communities of Bellville and Butler.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story!" There's more smoke in this story. For the guy that doesn't know where Clear Fork is, it;s in southern Richland County, mostly in the communities of Bellville and Butler.
Follow up
loved your posts, you are helping your grandson the right way!!! you have to in whats happening across America today.... I raised my son, that NOBODY outworks you, they may be faster, more athletic, and smarter, but nobody determines your work ethic but you!!!! another Lombardi rule is be 15 minutes early to every meeting, otherwise you are LATE...... KEEP SWINGING!!!!
That rule is old and outdated.

The new rule is 15 minutes early to the 15 minutes early....

His goal is to go to West Point and be a Ranger. More balls than you? Yes.

Hey gramps? When I was 11 I wanted to be an astronaut...here I am calling you a dipstick on Yappi. Maybe calm down on the boot licking before junior actually enlists, ok?

No offense, as I imagine your nephew is an upstanding young man, but if I had a penny for every person who told me they were going to join the military, or those in the military whom say they are going to do SpecOps, I would be sitting on a huge arse pile of pennies.

Until someone actually ships from MEPS to their initial entry training, or actually is at Selection......it is just a theory in their mind.

No offense, as I imagine your nephew is an upstanding young man, but if I had a penny for every person who told me they were going to join the military, or those in the military whom say they are going to do SpecOps, I would be sitting on a huge arse pile of pennies.

Until someone actually ships from MEPS to their initial entry training, or actually is at Selection......it is just a theory in their mind.
Damn dude, grandson, not nephew, lol and again his goal not mine. And why? No idea but I will make sure he is prepared for what he thinks he wants to do.

If I remember corretly Special Forces is non select not Ranger.

This is going to be an interesting thing to watch. There is more to this story than the coaches side, that's fact, but the way this was handled tells me that someone had something to gain by ousting the coach. When the coach is a highly successful alum, you call him in and give him the chance to resign/retire. Now, knowing Coach Carroll, I'm not sure he takes that option, but you at least present it that way. He should have never found out his job was in trouble based on a phone call from a friend. This was handled poorly, and when the smoke clears we might see who's fingerprints were all over the body so to speak.

Damn dude, grandson, not nephew, lol and again his goal not mine. And why? No idea but I will make sure he is prepared for what he thinks he wants to do.

If I remember corretly Special Forces is non select not Ranger.
Was speaking more in general for those saying they are going SF. Until you actually are in the pipeline, I take it with a grain of salt.

Just sounds like a typical grumpy old coach that overstays his welcome. Sometime toxicity is only reduced when you cut off the source (that you can control).
The coached did an interview here it is http://www.swankonsportshosting247.com/Clear_Fork.htm, he got into to altercations with two different coaches before halftime, he also talks about having to replace whole staffs on a yearly basis.

Last edited:

Gamma, I'm not going to hold your grandson to him joining the military...imean he is 11, but if he says it at 13, then it's a go!!LOL!

Look it's snowing again.

My comment to my grandson was needed, spot on and thoughtfull. If I cant tell him the truth, who can?...you?
Your comment might have been correct back in the day to your own son, but if you value your relationship with your daughter-in-law, or son in law, you should refrain from commenting. Just my two cents.

Your comment might have been correct back in the day to your own son, but if you value your relationship with your daughter-in-law, or son in law, you should refrain from commenting. Just my two cents.
that's what grandpa's do? the women questioning his talk to his grandson was NOT his daughter , it was some other woman...... maybe that woman needed to mind her OWN business....

As a first time poster, and long time reader of message boards, and a a resident of the Clear Fork Community, I felt compelled to respond to this. I wonder if the journalists had other sources to verify what the coach said. The coach also stated he was not happy with the way the team played and prepared the game, so he wanted to address the team in the locker room, which is not the norm for Clear Fork. He goes into the locker room, gave a interview, did some other activities. Why did the coach not go back out to get the team in the locker room for the meeting, and what could he needed to have said that he didn't want parents, students and others to hear? A four touchdown win is pretty good no matter if they played well or not.

The coach also said he was not happy with another coach on the sideline, and had a discussion with coach when another coach stepped in. That discussion carried over into the locker room at half time. I was not in the locker room so I have no idea what went on except to hear that it was very ugly.

On to facts.....after the 2020 season none of his staff chose to come back. After the 2021 season none of that staff chose to come back. The 2022 staff was filled late. That to me is a red flag that something is wrong. There is a new AD, so maybe the administration had a conversation with the coach about staff turnover, and treatment of players and coaches if there were complaints....which I believe there were.

The sideline argument with the other coach where another coach stepped in, plus what went down in the locker room sealed he coaches fate. I personally believe that coach was informed on Tuesday that the board was not going to renew the contract. Phone calls were made to reporters and the story was released on Wednesday 11/16. The board meeting was 11/17. To my knowledge, no one showed up to show support for the coach.

The main reason for my post is that when I read the story it was a hit piece on the kids, administration, parents and community. I am not saying that everything is perfect, and there aren't issues. Every school has them. We have good kids, good community support, and a good school system. So now we move forward.