Claymont @ Dover

Well unfortunately some points are made in that statement.Great programs start day 1 of the off season. Success isn't measured by winning local middle school tournaments in your area or the number of kids that are on the youth squad.Most high level kids are wrestling club in middle school anyways.It is measured at the highschool state tournament level. Sure Jr high state placers definitely help spring you forward but need developed for high school. And if your team is only trying to beat claymont or teams in your area your program will fall short every year at state.

I agree.. I think it all starts at youth tho.. ask any power house teams. They have a great youth team or club team. It starts with development at the young age. Lots of coaches miss that.. I agree with everything u said as well.

I have a lot of respect for all wrestling coaches in t-county. Hey Claymont has been on top for so long it’s crazy. Yes they are down a little now. But they had a once in a life time run for 3-4 years. I could only dream of having teams like that.
Claymont took some lumps last year and this year. But by far a better team this year. Takes time to build when ur left with not much. No one from Dover is going to bad mouth Claymont Or any teams for that matter.

We are trying to get where they have been. I’m not knocking Claymont or any team. I’m glad wrestling is on the up swing in T-county. Indian valley Dover Claymont should be having wars vs each other every year. Good luck to all the kids and coaches. Stay healthy stay safe and go out on the mat and Rep ur school with class!!

Sounds like some people need to learn how to act like adults. Indian Valley is slowly getting healthy again, and the "clowns" will have them ready for when it matters most. Congrats to Dover on the win, we'll see you in a couple weeks ;)

Props to Indian Valley. Each wrestler came out very aggressive and they earned the team victory. At the same time, a very disappointing performance by The Tornadoes...probably their worst of the year.

IV beat Dover tonight 41-30, all while giving Dover 3 forfeits... Clowns must be doing something right
Maybe start a I.V vs Dover?? Come on man lol... I.V people don’t like there coaches and want them removed. But keep going back to claymont vs Dover? Have fun coaching this year. Because YOUR people want your staff gone lmao. ???

Maybe start a I.V vs Dover?? Come on man lol... I.V people don’t like there coaches and want them removed. But keep going back to claymont vs Dover? Have fun coaching this year. Because YOUR people want your staff gone lmao. ???
Just came back to "make excuses";)

Enjoy your time.. soon you will be replaced by the former coach that turned that around? I’m with coach swaldo?
Swaldos back they won't have half the kids I can promise you that? Turned the program around? Bill Gilmore I would say turned the program around. He has more state placers of any coach that went thru there

IV has been the beneficiary of several "move-ins" (some from my area unfortunately). That being said, they looked well-coached, motivated and there was a ton of energy coming from the Braves bench. There are some good kids that weren't in the line-up, the Braves have some serious depth down low moving forward. The also appear to be peaking at the right time of the year.

I wouldn't sleep on Dover, they have some kids that can make some noise in a few weeks. They have a legit shot at getting multiple kids out. Murphy looks to be a real nice addition to their staff. I believe he was a state placer and a member of some pretty good Dover teams a few years back.

Swaldos back they won't have half the kids I can promise you that? Turned the program around? Bill Gilmore I would say turned the program around. He has more state placers of any coach that went thru there
Bill started the youth program and helped Bullock start the youth league at Dover that fed Swaldos teams and the teams they have now. I second that opinion. Coach Gilmore laid the foundation for what has been the best team in the area. As for the transfers, I'm aware there are 3 of them in the lineup. When programs get better, kids will transfer to better themselves. Cant blame IV for attracting their attention. The 3 of them are very solid freshman, but the rest of the team is improving as well. Easton Cook, sophomore at 182, dominated Weaver last night. Got a little careless for a second, but still managed to get the major decision. I believe Weaver is ranked according to Borofan. Remmington Myers, also a sophomore, looking really solid this year as well.

That will be answered in a few weeks when they toe the line. I wont make any predictions. IV is by far the youngest of the 3 teams, but they're wrestling really well right now. Good luck to both Dover and Claymont. If Claymont keeps the trash talk to a minimum, you wont have to hear from me again ;)

That will be answered in a few weeks when they toe the line. I wont make any predictions. IV is by far the youngest of the 3 teams, but they're wrestling really well right now. Good luck to both Dover and Claymont. If Claymont keeps the trash talk to a minimum, you wont have to hear from me again ;)
You last posted in January & then come back & posted on a Claymont/Dover thread weeks later to restart the thread. My money is on Claymont sending more kids to Columbus out of the 3.

Gilmore did the ground work and hats off to him. Swaldo is taking over the stars r lining up. Be nice he might keep you on his staff. I don’t believe that was a claymont person talking trash? I believe that was your own calling you “clowns” but I could be wrong. Good luck to all the area wrestlers hopefully no Covid and no injuries.. swaldo 2021?

So you can run your mouth in January, and by February it's supposed to be forgotten? Not how it works. Put your money on whoever you want, I'll be rooting for all of the area teams. Just dont like the disrespect towards IV.

So you can run your mouth in January, and by February it's supposed to be forgotten? Not how it works. Put your money on whoever you want, I'll be rooting for all of the area teams. Just dont like the disrespect towards IV.
calm down I’m sure swaldo will wanna keep you when he takes over. Swaldo Gilmore 2021

Lol you’ll be coaching against most the area times at sectionals and districts so I’m not sure how much “rooting” you’ll be doing.

Lol you’ll be coaching against most the area times at sectionals and districts so I’m not sure how much “rooting” you’ll be doing.
Yes, I like to see our area schools do well. Watched a lot of these boys come up through the youth and junior high. I'll root against them when it's time, but I'd rather see more of area make it to the state tournament than not. Our area overall has really fallen off from where it was years ago. There was a time that the ECOL was like a mini state tournament and it was something to be proud of. There were multiple state qualifiers in every bracket. Our area was very tough and respected. I'd like to see it get back to that. So again, best of luck to both Dover and Claymont. Hope to see each of you get a few on the podium, just as long as it's a step or two below the IV boys lol

Bill started the youth program and helped Bullock start the youth league at Dover that fed Swaldos teams and the teams they have now. I second that opinion. Coach Gilmore laid the foundation for what has been the best team in the area. As for the transfers, I'm aware there are 3 of them in the lineup. When programs get better, kids will transfer to better themselves. Cant blame IV for attracting their attention. The 3 of them are very solid freshman, but the rest of the team is improving as well. Easton Cook, sophomore at 182, dominated Weaver last night. Got a little careless for a second, but still managed to get the major decision. I believe Weaver is ranked according to Borofan. Remmington Myers, also a sophomore, looking really solid this year as well.

It’s been stated weaver was wrestling on a bad ankle all week on the other post. Will see in the rematch at sectionals who’s better

Yes, I like to see our area schools do well. Watched a lot of these boys come up through the youth and junior high. I'll root against them when it's time, but I'd rather see more of area make it to the state tournament than not. Our area overall has really fallen off from where it was years ago. There was a time that the ECOL was like a mini state tournament and it was something to be proud of. There were multiple state qualifiers in every bracket. Our area was very tough and respected. I'd like to see it get back to that. So again, best of luck to both Dover and Claymont. Hope to see each of you get a few on the podium, just as long as it's a step or two below the IV boys lol
Swaldo/Gilmore 2021 “can’t wait”

All I know is we spanked you.
Swaldo/Gilmore 2021 “can’t wait”

LOL Gilmore is old school Wrestling has past him by. Looks like he roots for Braves when they wrestle Dover head to head last year. I’m sure Dover people don’t like that to much. Might be time for him to hang it up? Or maybe he is going back to his dynasty he build LOLOL Never a dynasty but to them I’m sure it was.

NOT hard to figure out He’sStuckareyoublind its not looking good the braves assistant on hear popping off. Good luck the rest of the year. You will be losing lots of kids soon.

oh and braves are 1-24 vs DA STANGS you want head to head scores? I can pull them also.
Long way to catch up

All I know is we spanked you.

LOL Gilmore is old school Wrestling has past him by. Looks like he roots for Braves when they wrestle Dover head to head last year. I’m sure Dover people don’t like that to much. Might be time for him to hang it up? Or maybe he is going back to his dynasty he build LOLOL Never a dynasty but to them I’m sure it was.

For being from Claymont you sure comment/have insight about Dover alot....... :unsure: