Claymont @ Dover

Power house

Claymont Wednesday night at Dover

Who wins? Anyone have a guess at the line ups? Claymont put up a lot of points vs IV. Looks like Dover is much much improved and still a fairly young team.

106 6 Dover
113 6 Dover
120 Toss up fav Dover
126 6 Clay
132 toss up fav Dover
138 toss up fav clay
145 Clay unless Harmon then 6 Dover
152 if Kiser 6 if Harmon 5
160 if Kiser 4-6
170 6 clay
182 toss up
195 clay
220 clay
275 clay

I heard Kiser was going to 152 but also heard he was bumping to 170 and the 170 was going 160. If they do that and win both Dover wins easy

Either way close close dual on paper no matter how u figure it. Anyone live streaming it?

I would say dover but will be close.
Add 285 to dover also
Iv had 7 starters out and forfeited 5 weights

Dover won 40-39. I listened, and here's my best recollection.

132 - Pin Dover 6-0
138 - Pin Claymont 6-6
145 - Major Dover 10-6
152 - Pin Dover 16-6
160 - Pin Claymont
170 - Pin Dover
182 - Pin Claymont
195 - Pin Claymont
220 - Pin Claymont
285 - Pin Dover
106 - FF Dover
113 - FF Dover
120 - Decision Claymont
126 - Pin Claymont

Forfeits killed Claymont. Can't give up 12 points to a good team. Only 2 matches went the distance.

Dover won 40-39. I listened, and here's my best recollection.

132 - Pin Dover 6-0
138 - Pin Claymont 6-6
145 - Major Dover 10-6
152 - Pin Dover 16-6
160 - Pin Claymont
170 - Pin Dover
182 - Pin Claymont
195 - Pin Claymont
220 - Pin Claymont
285 - Pin Dover
106 - FF Dover
113 - FF Dover
120 - Decision Claymont
126 - Pin Claymont

Forfeits killed Claymont. Can't give up 12 points to a good team. Only 2 matches went the distance.

145 pin Dover and 152 major dec

What weight was Kiser at?

Dover 40 - Claymont 39

132: Pedro Garcia (D) pin Elijah Parrish 3:30
138: Michael Turner (C) pin Carson Roberson 3:42
145: Egidio DiFazio (D) pin Cruz McMorrow :41
152: Adrien Harmon (D) m. dec. Kael Poland 10-2
160: Brandon Kiser (D) pin Dakota Maze 5:40
170: Connor Harlan (C) pin Jack Storm 1:49
182: Seth Ferguson (C) pin Doug Weaver 5:20
195: Wyatt Shaw (C) pin Tyson Lurie 1:39
220: Myles Clark (C) pin Austin Cochrun 2:35
285: Noah Tristan0 (D) pin Jake Braun :23
106: Christian Gomez-Sanchez (D) won by forfeit
113: Jack Osborn (D) won by forfeit
120: Tate Fawcett (C) dec. Blake Lanzer 13-9
126: Grant Stewart (C) pin Adolfo Lopez-Quinilla :34

Congrats Dover. Very young team. Dover has lots of Soph Jr in the line up with 2 freshman. They also have 3-4 in the room that can’t b at our Jr or Sr that should be in the line up next year.

Dover has not beat Clay since 1981. Looks like they will have a great team the next few years. Why.

Shaw is the real deal he looks tough.

Last edited:
Claymont needs to pick up condition. Lots of kids look tired after first period.

That’s insane to read. That has been one of the staples of Claymont wrestling forever is that they go 6 min all out and wear you down as the match goes on. Not always the most talented, but always the best conditioned.

What in the world is happening down there??

That’s insane to read. That has been one of the staples of Claymont wrestling forever is that they go 6 min all out and wear you down as the match goes on. Not always the most talented, but always the best conditioned.

What in the world is happening down there??
Conditioning has been an issue for Claymont for a few years now.

kiser at 160.a state qualifier and boro has him ranked below a kid from phila that was at 132 last year that didnt get out of sectionals
I don't know information on the new philadelphia kid but Rankings are current years performance.It's not what you did last year.

Dover Did a great job with a group of hard young working kids. Let’s not take shots at winning by 1-point. This match could have went either way. I know we’re super happy that be finally got one on Claymont. It’s been many many years.

I have been apart on the losing end and watch many lop sided Claymont wins over the years. This Claymont team is much much improved from last year. I seen improvements and anyone that can’t see it. Is either blind or a hater. Keep not supporting the coach or program and you will lose kids and things will only go down hill. These are 15-18 year old kids and that all fought hard for both teams. Both showed class and respect to each other.

Great win Dover you boys have been working so hard for this. Claymont good luck the rest of the season. Support the process

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to move to a IV thread and make your excuses.

IV is on its way down. Kids don’t want to wrestle for them. 3-4 kids will leave after season. They had a good couple of years but no off season training. If your only wrestling Nov to March then good luck. It takes camps open mats open tournaments etc to get better. The clowns don’t seem like they want to put the time in.

Excuses is all they have.. they bragged 30 point win and lost and no 106-113 for Claymont. Better luck next year. Cry a River on another post.

Ps Great Job Dover you guys have some nice kids that look pretty tough. 132-145-160-275 looked really good. Best of luck the rest of the year. You guys won fair and square. Be ready for excuses once u beat IV

kiser at 160.a state qualifier and boro has him ranked below a kid from phila that was at 132 last year that didnt get out of sectionals

Rankings mean nothing. It’s a guess. Them two will see each other in a few weeks. Kids get wrapped up in rankings to much.

IV is on its way down. Kids don’t want to wrestle for them. 3-4 kids will leave after season. They had a good couple of years but no off season training. If your only wrestling Nov to March then good luck. It takes camps open mats open tournaments etc to get better. The clowns don’t seem like they want to put the time in.

Excuses is all they have.. they bragged 30 point win and lost and no 106-113 for Claymont. Better luck next year. Cry a River on another post.

Ps Great Job Dover you guys have some nice kids that look pretty tough. 132-145-160-275 looked really good. Best of luck the rest of the year. You guys won fair and square. Be ready for excuses once u beat IV

Thanks Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. Stay Healthy.

wow another butt hurt claymont guy that dont know what hes talking about......the new coach didnt have much of a off season when your trying to deal with COVID. i wouldnt say they are a team on the way down when they have the best jr high team in the area,and the youth has 50 60 kids.

Well unfortunately some points are made in that statement.Great programs start day 1 of the off season. Success isn't measured by winning local middle school tournaments in your area or the number of kids that are on the youth squad.Most high level kids are wrestling club in middle school anyways.It is measured at the highschool state tournament level. Sure Jr high state placers definitely help spring you forward but need developed for high school. And if your team is only trying to beat claymont or teams in your area your program will fall short every year at state.