Class of Central District

X used to come to the Ned Reeb. Guess they decided not to tangle with the Bears this early in the season.
UA dominated the Ned Reeb! *** The Bears are easily the top team in the state. It's no longer a question of how much they win the district by, but how badly they beat X in the state meet!!!
Congratulations to UA on an outstanding Ned Reeb. But rjones, they are not the top team in the state. X is swimming in the Canton Christmas Meet on Saturday. This will be the first meet for much of the top of X's team. Look for some changes in the top times in the state after this week end. Unfortunately, UA is not swimming in the Canton meet - which is too bad because they used to swim this meet. Presumably their not there this year because of another reason other than avoiding a head to head with X.

Congratulations to UA on an outstanding Ned Reeb. But rjones, they are not the top team in the state. X is swimming in the Canton Christmas Meet on Saturday. This will be the first meet for much of the top of X's team. Look for some changes in the top times in the state after this week end. Unfortunately, UA is not swimming in the Canton meet - which is too bad because they used to swim this meet. Presumably their not there this year because of another reason other than avoiding a head to head with X.

I don’t see UA at any of the big 3 this weekend. Are they gonna go to the NE classic in January instead?

How were the times in Canton? Is UA still the prohibitive favorite?

To all you naysayers and X devotees look at the top 24 times in the state if you doubt the Bears are for real. UA tops X in all events but one. They are tops in the state in the 50, 100, 200 free and 1,2 in breast. They have the top times in the 200 & 400 Relays (swimmeet.com posted their prelim time from the Ned Reeb instead of the meet winning final time) and are number 2 in the Medley. Their lowest placing events are back and fly where their top swimmer is number 6 in the state. They have 26 swims in the top 24 in the state to X's 23 and they score higher in nearly every event than X. X doesn't need to watch out for the Bears they need to try and catch up! The Bears are easily the top team in the state. It's no longer a question of how much they win the district by, but how badly they beat X in the state meet!!! And keep in mind all of UA's times are in-season not rested ones like many others are.
Oh how times have changed rjones. X now has 30 swims in the top 24 and is number 1 in the 100, 500, and fly. In relays they're first in the Medley and 200. They're second in the 400. Meanwhile your "dominate" Bears lead in one event and the 400 relay. They've dropped from 26 swims to 16. So how badly will UA beat X in the state meet? Or are they laying in the weeds so X will be overconfident.

AquaCard; X swimming against a public school is like Ohio State playing against a MAC school. The difference in resources is so dramatic that it is almost not the same sport. There is no glory in X winning the state the right now. Having up to 17 coaches and a full size Olympic pool available at your discretion is a great thing for your athletes and your students but don't pretend that winning the state with some of the largest winning margins in history is some great accomplishment right now. And yes I am an X alum and my friends won a few championships when I was there in the 80's and my son is a swimmer not at X.

Last edited:
AquaCard; X swimming against a public school is like Ohio State playing against a MAC school. The difference in resources is so dramatic that it is almost no the same sport. There is no glory in X winning the state the right now. Having up to 17 coaches and a full size Olympic pool available at your discretion is a great thing for your athletes and your students but don't pretend that winning the state with some of the largest winning margins in history is some great accomplishment right now. And yes I am an X alum and my friends won a few championships when I was there in the 80's and my son is a swimmer not at X.
Exactly them and St. Ignatius in Hockey have advantages that right now no school can overcome.

Well at least Iggy's went ahead a basically created a junior hockey program for its students. Unfortunately, that is not available to X with regard to its swim team because different parts of the country have different swim seasons. I would pay to see X swim against Boles or against Irvine or against some of those powerhouse programs in Texas. It is what it is but beat your chest about it.

AquaCard; X swimming against a public school is like Ohio State playing against a MAC school. The difference in resources is so dramatic that it is almost not the same sport. There is no glory in X winning the state the right now. Having up to 17 coaches and a full size Olympic pool available at your discretion is a great thing for your athletes and your students but don't pretend that winning the state with some of the largest winning margins in history is some great accomplishment right now. And yes I am an X alum and my friends won a few championships when I was there in the 80's and my son is a swimmer not at X.
This is a vastly uninformed comment. To start, X has seven or eight coaches, including college students and a high-level exec who travels for work. 17 coaches, lmao.
Keating is a dump and X is at the mercy of the Marlins regarding scheduling, per contract. Don’t believe me? Why is X training at 5:45am this morning? Because the Marlins schedule a meet and X had no say.
Please explain what resources C has that others don’t? UA, Firestone, Worthington, Hoover, Mason all have on-site pools. You know what X has that others don’t? Tradition, desire, highly supportive parents, a TEAM-FIRST culture, and kids who want to excel. The program gets zero support from the school and it’s administration.
As for winning state by a large margin, your comment is silly and insulting. Ohio is one of the most competitive swim states in the country. To dominate the way X has and to do so through up and down years, is nothing short of amazing. Forget OSU. Bama is the St. X of college football.

This is a vastly uninformed comment. To start, X has seven or eight coaches, including college students and a high-level exec who travels for work. 17 coaches, lmao.
Keating is a dump and X is at the mercy of the Marlins regarding scheduling, per contract. Don’t believe me? Why is X training at 5:45am this morning? Because the Marlins schedule a meet and X had no say.
Please explain what resources C has that others don’t? UA, Firestone, Worthington, Hoover, Mason all have on-site pools. You know what X has that others don’t? Tradition, desire, highly supportive parents, a TEAM-FIRST culture, and kids who want to excel. The program gets zero support from the school and it’s administration.
As for winning state by a large margin, your comment is silly and insulting. Ohio is one of the most competitive swim states in the country. To dominate the way X has and to do so through up and down years, is nothing short of amazing. Forget OSU. Bama is the St. X of college football.

When you say X is at the mercy of the contract what do you mean? Doesn’t X own the pool? Why would the marlins have first say over X?

When you say X is at the mercy of the contract what do you mean? Doesn’t X own the pool? Why would the marlins have first say over X?
X owns the pool and has a contract with the Marlins. The contract stipulates the Marlins have priority access 24/7. It only comes into play a couple during the high school season, the weekend being one of those times.

This!

if anything X should get more credit for its success despite all the obstacles

look at the development!
S Sobolewski cut 18 secs in 4 yrs 100 breast
O taylor broke 50 in 100 free freshman yr- went 44 this yr in season

coaching- the secret sauce

X owns the pool and has a contract with the Marlins. The contract stipulates the Marlins have priority access 24/7. It only comes into play a couple during the high school season, the weekend being one of those times.

How long is the contract for? Is the reason the Marlins have priority is because they basically fund the pool with rental fees??

This!

if anything X should get more credit for its success despite all the obstacles

look at the development!
S Sobolewski cut 18 secs in 4 yrs 100 breast
O taylor broke 50 in 100 free freshman yr- went 44 this yr in season

coaching- the secret sauce
thats not because of the 10-12 weeks they are with x its because of the 40 weeks they are with their clubs!

thats not because of the 10-12 weeks they are with x its because of the 40 weeks they are with their clubs!
U are dead wrong. I have been to many practices. Club<< ST X by a long shot

many kids never reproduce their hs times even in college

This- everything is true. Those coaches (exactly as described) work hard and from top to bottom, every kid gets loads of attention from EVERY coach. It's a team more than you could ever believe.

This- everything is true. Those coaches (exactly as described) work hard and from top to bottom, every kid gets loads of attention from EVERY coach. It's a team more than you could ever believe.

You guys are absolutely delusional. First, let me talk about the pool. My mother was the X athletic booster treasurer in the 90's. Due to the Marlins not keeping up their end of the deal, the pool was virtually condemned. Saint X athletics took it back and the boosters had a vote to either pour money into fixing its guts or bulldoze the damn thing over and fill it in. The boosters decided to fix it at great cost and through no help of the Marlins. Ironically, the X coaches got their offices back in the pool and Marlins coaches were told to go pound sand. Then, when X went through its big construction phase 10 or so years ago, the pool was rebuilt again, but this time the Keating Mafia got involved again and because of its huge donation, the Marlins got priority. But make no mistake about it, the reason X swims at 5:45 is because that is when the X coaches and administration wants them to swim. Secondly, the 17 coach number came from a former X swimming coach that I know that now coaches little kids at the club that my high school age swimming son swims for. Many of them were volunteers ands so was she. Regardless, you say you have seven or eight coaches, my kids high school team has three coaches for two different high school boys and girls teams. You say your coaches are great and that is true. One time the head coach for X ran a weeks worth of training for my kids club team and about killed him. NO HIGH SCHOOL IN OHIO spends the kind of resources X does for swimming. No HIGH SCHOOL in OHIO has a swimming booster organization like the Keating mafia. No high school in OHIO except X has nationally ranked swimmers driving from Xenia to X everyday. X has college level resources for it swimmers and it that is great. Nobody else in OHIO does or cares to. X should be swimming against Boles and Mission Viejo and the power house teams in INDY like Carmel. Winning the State with the resources that X has is not impressive at all relative to all the high schools in Ohio

U are beyond clueless
Your post is factually wrong from top to bottom
Your “insider” stuff is 20 years old

maybe u consider sycamore last year to be
“Impressive”!

My post is not factually wrong about the pool nor is it wrong comparing the number of coaches to most public schools. 8 coaches for a 100 swimmers is still more than three for 120 swimmers in two high schools. And considering the number of Sycamore swimmers that qualified for state versus the number of X swimmers qualified, Sycamore (the Foster boys and friends) was very impressive. Also considering they have a six lane 25 yard pool at the school to practice in. Go to Florida and swim against Boles, Go to Indy and swim against Carmel. Go to California and swim against Irvine and Mission Viejo. Just get out of the OHSAA and swimming against plussed up rec teams. Your swimmers would probably appreciate it versus swimming dual meets against Lakota West and East.

Oh I see. Despite all odds, fosters and froass escape the confines of st x like mr T from the basement to reach stardom! A real rags-to-riches story. Think of how fast they’d be at st x with all its advantages!! Uh. Nevermind

Think of how well they could do with a new pool!!

ps- they already swam against Lakota. And elder.

You guys are absolutely delusional. First, let me talk about the pool. My mother was the X athletic booster treasurer in the 90's. Due to the Marlins not keeping up their end of the deal, the pool was virtually condemned. Saint X athletics took it back and the boosters had a vote to either pour money into fixing its guts or bulldoze the damn thing over and fill it in. The boosters decided to fix it at great cost and through no help of the Marlins. Ironically, the X coaches got their offices back in the pool and Marlins coaches were told to go pound sand. Then, when X went through its big construction phase 10 or so years ago, the pool was rebuilt again, but this time the Keating Mafia got involved again and because of its huge donation, the Marlins got priority. But make no mistake about it, the reason X swims at 5:45 is because that is when the X coaches and administration wants them to swim. Secondly, the 17 coach number came from a former X swimming coach that I know that now coaches little kids at the club that my high school age swimming son swims for. Many of them were volunteers ands so was she. Regardless, you say you have seven or eight coaches, my kids high school team has three coaches for two different high school boys and girls teams. You say your coaches are great and that is true. One time the head coach for X ran a weeks worth of training for my kids club team and about killed him. NO HIGH SCHOOL IN OHIO spends the kind of resources X does for swimming. No HIGH SCHOOL in OHIO has a swimming booster organization like the Keating mafia. No high school in OHIO except X has nationally ranked swimmers driving from Xenia to X everyday. X has college level resources for it swimmers and it that is great. Nobody else in OHIO does or cares to. X should be swimming against Boles and Mission Viejo and the power house teams in INDY like Carmel. Winning the State with the resources that X has is not impressive at all relative to all the high schools in Ohio
Hello, this is 2020 calling. We'd like to welcome your information to a 25-year update. Less than 10% of what you're saying is even in the ballpark. Stick to the baseball diamond please. Here's the first giveaway that you are an uniformed troll - THERE IS NO SWIMMING BOOSTER ORGANIZATION AT ST. X. Here's the second - A ST. IGNATIUS SWIMMER TRAVELS FROM THE EAST SIDE OF CLEVELAND TO TRAIN AT FAST IN AKRON. Oops...another win turns to a loss. Third sign of your ignorance - there's not a college team in the country that doesn't have 10x the "support" that St. X does. Fourth sign - the high school seasons in Ohio, Florida, and California do not coincide. Only an envious jackass denigrates the fantastic accomplishments of a high school program.

My post is not factually wrong about the pool nor is it wrong comparing the number of coaches to most public schools. 8 coaches for a 100 swimmers is still more than three for 120 swimmers in two high schools. And considering the number of Sycamore swimmers that qualified for state versus the number of X swimmers qualified, Sycamore (the Foster boys and friends) was very impressive. Also considering they have a six lane 25 yard pool at the school to practice in. Go to Florida and swim against Boles, Go to Indy and swim against Carmel. Go to California and swim against Irvine and Mission Viejo. Just get out of the OHSAA and swimming against plussed up rec teams. Your swimmers would probably appreciate it versus swimming dual meets against Lakota West and East.
More ignorance from you. Do you think the Fosters/Froass trained at Sycamore? AHAHAHAHA...that's weak sauce. St. X doesn't swim public schools in dual meets. They prefer to wait until state meet to beat up on those poor, under-resourced, under-coached swimmers like Carson, Jake, Ansel, Adam, Jacob, Jay, Aaron, David, and Carl, Tyler, Avery, Karl, and Christopher (to name a few). Dang, this is bringing a tear to my eye.

More ignorance from you. Do you think the Fosters/Froass trained at Sycamore? AHAHAHAHA...that's weak sauce. St. X doesn't swim public schools in dual meets. They prefer to wait until state meet to beat up on those poor, under-resourced, under-coached swimmers like Carson, Jake, Ansel, Adam, Jacob, Jay, Aaron, David, and Carl, Tyler, Avery, Karl, and Christopher (to name a few). Dang, this is bringing a tear to my eye.

No kidding. They have to swim at their gold and silver level club team to get the training that X gets from its HIGH SCHOOL coaches. And yes, excuse me, but at least last year, there was a scheduled tri-meet between the both Lakotas and Ursiline as the girls school. I know it was done as a favor for Lakota coach (who has to use Keating as his home pool instead of the Lakota Y, or maybe its part of the deal). But it is not very competitive at all and rather humiliating to many of the Lakota swimmers.

Humiliating??? Lolololol

use a local public like Princeton! They “humiliated” the marlins by raising their rent sky high