Cincy Teams - Best Chance at a State Title?

Didn't Olentangy beat Mason 5-1. It is soccer so you never know but it appears that Cincy/SW teams would be a longshot to win a state tittle.

Backup keeper in that game (5 goals), and first half against Pick North (2 goals). Not saying Liberty wouldn’t have won, just that it would have been a tighter game.

Last edited:
Not down on Cincy/SW soccer...it just seems like the talent is dispersed through out a bunch of schools where St Iggy consolidates all of Cleveland. Liberty seems to have a nice squad. But in a one game HS playoff game with a running clock anything can happen.

Not down on Cincy/SW soccer...it just seems like the talent is dispersed through out a bunch of schools where St Iggy consolidates all of Cleveland. Liberty seems to have a nice squad. But in a one game HS playoff game with a running clock anything can happen.

Medina is the top team in NEO , not Ignatius.

Medina is the top team in NEO , not Ignatius.

Based on state polls, sure. National polls are split, with Medina ranking higher in USA Today and Ignatius in Top Drawer.

I think Ignatius is the more talented group, but I suppose that will be put to the test in a couple hours.

With Major League soccer in Cincinnati, I would expect improvement in the quality of hs soccer as interest grows.

Nyah, nyah, nyah! Each of those "nyahs" was a goal scored by Ignatius. On second thought, maybe it should be just "nyah, nyah" as Medina was kind of enough to start the match with an own goal.

With Major League soccer in Cincinnati, I would expect improvement in the quality of hs soccer as interest grows.
How has this impacted anywhere else? Youth soccer numbers are on the decline for 10 years.

HS soccer numbers are up this year, but overall HS athletic participation is down for the first time in 30 years.

How has this impacted anywhere else? Youth soccer numbers are on the decline for 10 years.

HS soccer numbers are up this year, but overall HS athletic participation is down for the first time in 30 years.

I always see successful programs having good feeder programs (either AAU or youth) where the head HS coach is actively involved promoting the sport. A high income district also helps as well (or being a private school).

Its going to be tough for Cincinnati pro soccer to compete for attendance to their games since the Reds and Bengals are so good.

Last edited:
I always see successful programs having good feeder programs (either AAU or youth) where the head HS coach is actively involved promoting the sport. A high income district also helps as well (or being a private school).

Its going to be tough for Cincinnati pro soccer to compete for attendance to their games since the Reds and Bengals are so good.
This is so true. Cannot say it's true 100% of the time, but one must think that it surely makes sense that complete investment in the development pathway is good for the program(s).

FCC has already seen some declines in ticket sales. Will continue with pricing increases and lack of true community engagement -- something the team was built on but is not an MLS trait.

This is so true. Cannot say it's true 100% of the time, but one must think that it surely makes sense that complete investment in the development pathway is good for the program(s).

FCC has already seen some declines in ticket sales. Will continue with pricing increases and lack of true community engagement -- something the team was built on but is not an MLS trait.

For a good blueprint for success, look at the Medina program. They do it right.

This absolutely won't happen.

Want soccer to improve - remove the phones from kids hands, get rid of the Xbox, quit handing them everything and make them fight for something.

Same for all sports...

Reactions: ISI