Cincinnati transfers(to and from)

I keep seeing people say small communities with their kids. How many kids stay in their community there whole life. People move for whatever reason how do you stop that from happening. And I'm lost if a kid moves into your community are they not apart of your community now. Don't they become your kids at that point? Or are they not your kids. Then the word dominates. If you dominate it should be the whole league, not just a few. If I recall DP only won the league 1 time since Gentry been there. So where is this domination because I don't see it? Now if you say the new kids help them to compete against the other teams in the league I would say yes. To me, it evens out the playing field. But for most of yall yall just want to see Wyoming and IH win it every year. JUST SAY THAT...

I live elseehwere than in a CHL community. I'm an ECC guy, but it's the same perception to me, even though ECC is bigger. Walnut Hills had their years of recruiting across the state.

When players come in and are flagrantly recruited to dominate, it's ridiculous. I'm sure you'd agree with that. And don't get into any semantics about how Deer Park fell into some good players. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the city knows it's been a farce. I see no difference when Reading recuited a state title team years ago. A total farce. To act like it's natural and part of the flow, it's not. Not at all.
You can play the "globalization" card if you want, but you're not fooling anyone.

I have ZERO problem if my team, from say, Taylor, gets my whooped by wyoming and indian hill kids. I have a huge problem if a coach from any other school, say Madeira or Mariemont, brings in dudes to wipe everyone out. I DONT CARE what school does it, it's crap. Everyone knows it. Your post is filled with dishonesty and eatin' grins, referring to "if people move in..."

i would assume that 75% of the league does NOT want to see wyoming and IH win every year. I can most assuredly say that

I live elseehwere than in a CHL community. I'm an ECC guy, but it's the same perception to me, even though ECC is bigger. Walnut Hills had their years of recruiting across the state.

When players come in and are flagrantly recruited to dominate, it's ridiculous. I'm sure you'd agree with that. And don't get into any semantics about how Deer Park fell into some good players. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the city knows it's been a farce. I see no difference when Reading recuited a state title team years ago. A total farce. To act like it's natural and part of the flow, it's not. Not at all.
You can play the "globalization" card if you want, but you're not fooling anyone.

I have ZERO problem if my team, from say, Taylor, gets my whooped by wyoming and indian hill kids. I have a huge problem if a coach from any other school, say Madeira or Mariemont, brings in dudes to wipe everyone out. I DONT CARE what school does it, it's crap. Everyone knows it. Your post is filled with dishonesty and eatin' grins, referring to "if people move in..."

i would assume that 75% of the league does NOT want to see wyoming and IH win every year. I can most assuredly say that
Call it what you want. But I've seen NEW FACES on both IH and Wyoming teams. But no one said a word. It can't be double standards. Either it's good for all or none. The fact being you can't stop a family from moving to your district for whatever reason. So you may not like it but it's going to happen. I'm sorry that families cant move into Madeira Mariemont Wyoming or IH cost of living is too high. They cant afford to move to these places. But if they could I know they would. Who wouldn't want to move out of slums into Bell-Air WIll did it.

Something to Say - People repeatedly keep explaining this to you but you 1) want to ignore the facts or 2) still don't understand. Either way, its a problem. Here is my post from March:

Nothing to Say ....you really have to be the thickest person I've ever encountered on Yappi. OK, lets try this one more time...please try to follow along this time. Here is the difference in what Deer Park Elite has done vs other schools. EVERY SINGLE STARTER THAT THEY HAVE HAD FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS HAS TRANSFERRED INTO THAT SCHOOL DISTRICT IN HIGH SCHOOL. Not one single kid that has contributed played one minute of Jr High, Freshman or JV ball at Deer Park. That is not a basketball program, that is an AAU team. THAT is what makes this situation different. It is unprecedented. Quit citing ridiculous examples of one or two kids somewhere legally switching schools. Deer Park Elite has also had multiple kids living in apartments, declared homeless through OHSAA- all just to play basketball for a coach that recruited them there. Maybe you don't think that this is a problem, but can you at least recognize that this is what makes this situation unique? Deer Park is a closed district with clearly defined boundaries - quit trying to compare their rules with a private school. Maybe you don't agree with those differences and that's fine, but you cant compare - that's a different debate. OK, now I'll sit back and wait for your incoherent reply that totally ignores all the facts that I've explained.

Last edited:
Something to Say - People repeatedly keep explaining this to you but you 1) want to ignore the facts or 2) still don't understand. Either way, its a problem. Here is my post from March:

Nothing to Say ....you really have to be the thickest person I've ever encountered on Yappi. OK, lets try this one more time...please try to follow along this time. Here is the difference in what Deer Park Elite has done vs other schools. EVERY SINGLE STARTER THAT THEY HAVE HAD FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS HAS TRANSFERRED INTO THAT SCHOOL DISTRICT IN HIGH SCHOOL. Not one single kid that has contributed played one minute of Jr High, Freshman or JV ball at Deer Park. That is not a basketball program, that is an AAU team. THAT is what makes this situation different. It is unprecedented. Quit citing ridiculous examples of one or two kids somewhere legally switching schools. Deer Park Elite has also had multiple kids living in apartments, declared homeless through OHSAA- all just to play basketball for a coach that recruited them there. Maybe you don't think that this is a problem, but can you at least recognize that this is what makes this situation unique? Deer Park is a closed district with clearly defined boundaries - quit trying to compare their rules with a private school. Maybe you don't agree with those differences and that's fine, but you cant compare - that's a different debate. OK, now I'll sit back and wait for your incoherent reply that totally ignores all the facts that I've explained.

If you got all this evidence that Deer Park was recruiting, why don't you turn them in. Is it hear say or concrete evidence

Is OHSAA the problem

Just asking

If you got all this evidence that Deer Park was recruiting, why don't you turn them in. Is it hear say or concrete evidence

Is OHSAA the problem

Just asking
people HAVE!!!

In circumstances like this, the state can't even do anything. THE SCHOOL MUST CONFESS, themselves. If there's no intgrity in the school, it wont ever happen.

When Mark Wise appealed for his eligibility last year, i know someone at the state who who wanted the committee to deny him, because he knew what a scam this all was at deer park.

People know. Unfortunelty the state has made it clear they wont go chasing around illegal recruiting as long as people find loopholes in the "transfer" process

Again Moose-Dummy you keep talking about what you heard. Again there are no facts to what you're saying. You keep saying the same thing over and over. If you control the narrative to control the story. Well not in this case buddy. Come with some facts for the people and not what you suspect is happening. Again you saying all of this to say what. WHERE DID THEY CHEAT. AND IF SO WHY HAVENT THEY BEEN SANCTION BY OHSAA. Explain to the people why your crying foul and nothing is being done about it. What difference would it make for private or public the same thing is happening across the state but you seem to only worry about one school? DP must have beat you in a sport back in the day and you can't get passed it. It's 2020 my friend let it go!!!! Again I don't care where a kid comes from if they move in your district their fair gain. Who cares if they are homegrown or not. There in your district so what difference does it make how they got there. I bet you don't live in the same neighborhood you grew up in.

On another note, I heard St X best young player transferred to Lakota after 1 year.
That doesn't mean anything because he came from a private school. And he moved to Lakota for academics, not sports. And he wasn't recruited to come there. When it's about a private school it doesn't count. There untouchable!!! It only applies when its DP. It doesn't matter that IH and Wyoming have new faces in their program because they have the money to do it. Just DP because there moving into DP district. I heard that reading his a few new faces its year also I wonder what's going to said about them. And I believe one of them came from DP.

That doesn't mean anything because he came from a private school. And he moved to Lakota for academics, not sports. And he wasn't recruited to come there. When it's about a private school it doesn't count. There untouchable!!! It only applies when its DP. It doesn't matter that IH and Wyoming have new faces in their program because they have the money to do it. Just DP because there moving into DP district. I heard that reading his a few new faces its year also I wonder what's going to said about them. And I believe one of them came from DP.
Congrats! You are the first person in history to make a statement that a kid would leave St. X for Lakota bc of academics. That's like saying a kid went for Lakota to Moeller bc of the band.

Actually, fellah, I wasn't making a correlation. I was just sharing what i heard. If he went to Lakota, it meant he went to X as a frosh. And left to go to his home school. No penalty. Not that hard.

YOu keep saying new faces show up at Wyoming. As far as I know they had a new player last year, from MOELLER. But was a wyoming kid. Came back to his home school. Not a problem. Not an issue.

On another note, I heard St X best young player transferred to Lakota after 1 year.
He lives in the district and I can imagine with everything going on with Covid families have to look at expenses all around ... Lakota is a great school district and East has a strong bball program .. win win for the parents and the kid.

Southerland kid transferred to Sycamore from CHCA probably for the same reasons as well as Woods kid to Fairfield (caught flack for posting it on social media but we're in a different era and kids nowadays want to share information.. so be it) Lakota, Sycamore and Fairfield are great school districts and if you can get great education without paying 10-15k a year especially during these times I'm with you more power to you! The athletics piece is just the icing on the cake for these particular families I believe. Don't know them personally but I can see how it would be.

Last edited:

Other than the big kid who physically moved from Toledo to Walnut Hills and sat out more than half the season a few years ago, who else either transferred or was "recruited" to Walnut Hills.

Macio Teague
Abba Lawal
Isaiah Johnson
Wingfield

- for starters
I guess you aren't very familiar with these players backgrounds. I don't think these players situations fall under the umbrella of recruiting around the state.

Teague played two seasons at WH after a year at Summit once he moved back to Cincinnati. Started his high school career at an academy in Florida.

Lawal moved to Cincinnati with his guardian, played a season at Walnut, moved away with the guardian to Delaware for a year and returned to play at Withrow, due to academic issues.

Isaiah Johnson played Jr. High and High School at Walnut after enrolling as a 7th grader.

Wingfield came to Walnut in Jr High, left for a few years and returned to play his senior year with Johnson and the rest of the kids he originally came to Walnut with in Jr High.

I guess you aren't very familiar with these players backgrounds. I don't think these players situations fall under the umbrella of recruiting around the state.

Teague played two seasons at WH after a year at Summit once he moved back to Cincinnati. Started his high school career at an academy in Florida.

Lawal moved to Cincinnati with his guardian, played a season at Walnut, moved away with the guardian to Delaware for a year and returned to play at Withrow, due to academic issues.

Isaiah Johnson played Jr. High and High School at Walnut after enrolling as a 7th grader.

Wingfield came to Walnut in Jr High, left for a few years and returned to play his senior year with Johnson and the rest of the kids he originally came to Walnut with in Jr High.

All sounds legit! :rolleyes:

Lawal- the funniest of them all! Let's re-write a bit...
Moved to Oxford with his handler FROM AFRICA. Then moved in with rich handler family who happened to fund Ricardo's AAU squad for multiple seasons. Rich Handler son also found his way to Walnut via "Virtual" School with Lawal. 1st handler didn't like the situation and Stole kid and moved him east for a year. Then second handler fought via courts to get him back, all while Lawal who could barely read is in limbo. But of course all in the best interest of the kid... Shall we continue with the other African kid that was their also?

Lawal- the funniest of them all! Let's re-write a bit...
Moved to Oxford with his handler FROM AFRICA. Then moved in with rich handler family who happened to fund Ricardo's AAU squad for multiple seasons. Rich Handler son also found his way to Walnut via "Virtual" School with Lawal. 1st handler didn't like the situation and Stole kid and moved him east for a year. Then second handler fought via courts to get him back, all while Lawal who could barely read is in limbo. But of course all in the best interest of the kid... Shall we continue with the other African kid that was their also?

The Abba Lawal story is bizarre. He was moved out of state, had self inflicted academic issues and tried to come back to Walnut. However he couldn't get admitted, due to his academic standing. He then matriculated to Withrow, while living with his guardian, who adopted him. He is now at Alabama A&M as a freshman. People act as if 'virtual " school was a Walnut Hills thing, it is and was a CPS thing. It needed to be reworked and is still an option for CPS students.

The Abba Lawal story is bizarre. He was moved out of state, had self inflicted academic issues and tried to come back to Walnut. However he couldn't get admitted, due to his academic standing. He then matriculated to Withrow, while living with his guardian, who adopted him. He is now at Alabama A&M as a freshman. People act as if 'virtual " school was a Walnut Hills thing, it is and was a CPS thing. It needed to be reworked and is still an option for CPS students.
I definitely didn't say it was a Walnut thing but they absolutely took full advantage of it, hence CPS changing the rules as far as virtual and athletics.

In conjunction with their football problems a couple years ago, their virtual school scam took a huge hit, and people lost jobs when kids who could not test into walnut went tot he CPS virtual school, and still PLAYED for walnut.

And in addition to Lawal, wasn't the other 7 footer at withrow related to him?

In conjunction with their football problems a couple years ago, their virtual school scam took a huge hit, and people lost jobs when kids who could not test into walnut went tot he CPS virtual school, and still PLAYED for walnut.

And in addition to Lawal, wasn't the other 7 footer at withrow related to him?
Not related, but part of the same "Handler" situation.