Cincinnati Tounament Seeds

Division 1 is stacked again. There are 5 Sectionals. Who are the top 5 seeds?
1. Lakota West
2. MND
3. Walnut Hills
4. Princeton
5. Mercy McAuley

1) Lakota West
2) MND
3) Walnut Hills
4) Mason
5) Princeton
6) Mercy McAuley
7) West Clermont
8) Sycamore
9) Fairfield
10) Loveland

*West falls back a couple spots with loss to Mason in couple of weeks. MND has the most talent, but arguably, the Dayton region may be more talented this season with Centerville, Fairmont, and Wayne.

1) Lakota West
2) MND
3) Walnut Hills
4) Mason
5) Princeton
6) Mercy McAuley
7) West Clermont
8) Sycamore
9) Fairfield
10) Loveland

*West falls back a couple spots with loss to Mason in couple of weeks. MND has the most talent, but arguably, the Dayton region may be more talented this season with Centerville, Fairmont, and Wayne.

Wayne has had it handed to them by both West and Mercy McAuley this season. Centerville is the favorite for sure, followed by the Cincy schools.

I would put Wilmington at #6 then in the top 10 poll I published earlier.

How good is Walnut Hills? It would be interesting to see them play a top GMC team (West,Mason,Princeton) to see how good they are. I definitely think they can make it back to regionals again this year.

Also, Kettering Fairmont is a very interesting team. They are battle tested with one of the toughest schedules in the area. They can pose big matchup problems with the top cincy teams because of their height inside... they did beat mason by 20.

Should make a very interesting tournament this February. Any other thoughts?

1) Lakota West
2) MND
3) Walnut Hills
4) Mason
5) Princeton
6) Mercy McAuley
7) West Clermont
8) Sycamore
9) Fairfield
10) Loveland

1) MND
2) Walnut Hills
3) West
4) Princeton
5) Mercy McAuley
6) Mason

DEBATE

7) West Clermont - Playing well lately but early season losses could hurt
8) Loveland - Lost to top tier teams, but beat Wilminton and Sycamore
9) Wilmington - inflated record due to WEAk conference, Lost to loveland, no signature wins
10) Fairfield-Beat West early but bad loss to Oakhills and Mercy McAuley and Mason
11)Sycamore-No signuature wins, recent loss to Loveland and a bad loss to Anderson.

Wayne has had it handed to them by both West and Mercy McAuley this season. Centerville is the favorite for sure, followed by the Cincy schools.

Mason won't play West again until after the voting is finished from what I am told. MND is the 1 seed. Two quality losses to Centerville and Africentric and a win over Huber Heights who West lost to.

1 MND
2 LW
3 Walnut
4 Princeton
5 Mason
6 Mercy McAuley
7 Wilmington
8 Sycamore
9 Loveland
10 West Clermont

Regionals depending on bracket selection
West, MND, Centerville, Mason
West over Centerville
MND over Mason

MND over West, MND to State

Tournament seed meeting is this Sunday the 3rd—should be interesting. Mason and LW play Saturday but the voting already closed on Wednesday so this matchup won’t have any affect on the seeds. Sycamore is an interesting take. We all seem to have them in top 10 but sit at 8-9 overall. All of their losses are quality losses.

I think this is how it may shape up in the end:
1) MND
2) Walnut
3) West
4) Mason
5) Princeton
6) Mercy McAuley
7) West Clermont
8) Loveland
9) Wilmington
10) Fairfield

7-10 is very hard to decide on all teams very similar with almost the same records, wins, losses. Sycamore, Anderson, Little Miami will be the next 3 outside the top 10.

Mason won't play West again until after the voting is finished from what I am told. MND is the 1 seed. Two quality losses to Centerville and Africentric and a win over Huber Heights who West lost to.

1 MND
2 LW
3 Walnut
4 Princeton
5 Mason
6 Mercy McAuley
7 Wilmington
8 Sycamore
9 Loveland
10 West Clermont

Regionals depending on bracket selection
West, MND, Centerville, Mason
West over Centerville
MND over Mason

MND over West, MND to State

West beat Wayne by 17.

Wow, as stated earlier, Mason & LW won’t have any affect on tournament seeds but Lakota West beats Mason 81-41..... nobody saw that coming.

LW really good? Mason down this season and just now showing? Thoughts?

Wow, as stated earlier, Mason & LW won’t have any affect on tournament seeds but Lakota West beats Mason 81-41..... nobody saw that coming.

LW really good? Mason down this season and just now showing? Thoughts?

Probably didn’t help that Mason played last night against Sycamore and a quick turnaround today. But West was completely dominant in the game. No doubt there best game considering the opponent. Don’t think Mason is as good as last year certainly but they are still 13-5 so still very good. West though is clearly the better team and I thought so earlier when they played at West. Mason just doesn’t have much depth. That being said I don’t think anyone including myself saw this result coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeds are out. Saw it via twitter. Not much of a surprise seed wise.

#1 MND
#2 Lakota West
#3 Walnut Hills
#4 Mason
#5 Princeton
#6 Mercy McAuley
#7 West Clermont
#8 Loveland
#9 Fairfield
#10 Wilmington

**Princeton jumped in the same sectional as Walnut Hills. Should be online version soon.

Which school (West or Centerville) jumped in the same District together. I don't understand why those schools are going to play in the District instead of the regional.

I'm not so sure.. Different tournament draws. West was #2 in Cincinnati as Centerville was #1 in Dayton. My only guess would be that West would have rather played a Dayton team in the districts, as well Centerville would have rather played a Cincy team... Agree this seems to be the most intriguing matchup at districts if seeds hold.

Predictions for districts matchups:

West vs Centerville
Mason vs Loveland
Mt. Notre Dame vs Fairmont
Wayne vs Walnut Hills

I'm not so sure.. Different tournament draws. West was #2 in Cincinnati as Centerville was #1 in Dayton. My only guess would be that West would have rather played a Dayton team in the districts, as well Centerville would have rather played a Cincy team... Agree this seems to be the most intriguing matchup at districts if seeds hold.

Predictions for districts matchups:

West vs Centerville
Mason vs Loveland
Mt. Notre Dame vs Fairmont
Wayne vs Walnut Hills

Looks about right but don't see Loveland beating MM since they lost to them during the regular season by 35+