Cincinnati Top 30, college roundup

dabbelt report

Two features return to The Dabbelt Report for the 2011-12 season.

The second-annual Cincinnati Top 30 has been released this morning, listing the top 30 players in the Queen City. Incoming sophomores through seniors are eligible. Also, if any of them have signed, their college is listed also.

http://jimdabbelt.wordpress.com/cincinnati-top-30/

Also returning is the Dayton area college roundup, with game stories from UD, WSU and Miami. Also listed are upcoming games. You can check that out by using the College Hoopla tab.

Big scrimmages today. I will be seeing Princeton, Anna, Tecumseh, CJ and Butler.

D2

Isn't University of Findlay DII? The top 30 players in Cincinnati yet she is going to a D2 school? This is a real question and not being sarcastic, but does it matter when a supposed top player goes D2?

Good to Know

Thank you Twinsburg that's good to know. I hear people discussing college levels and how the better rated you are the higher tier you should be able to go. If this is the case I believe that the pressure should be taken off these kids to choose high tier schools especially if they will not play when they get there or they can't meet the academic qualifications to survive and graduate.

The player in question did have division 1 offers. Don't assume that just because she decided to go to a division 2 means she doesn't deserve to be on this list. Some kids and parents are dumb and think they have to go to whatever division 1 school offers them instead of considering everything. A college decision is about so many other things than a sport.

And by the way she has no academic issues or credit issues. Not even close. All-academic gmc in two sports for all 3 years and probably will be this year. I lol'd reading that considering who this is yet you are correct that it is an issue with some kids and changes options.

good list

thanks dabs great list of kids to watch. wrencher doesnt play for east though. she got declined by the state 2 times.

when did the drew kid end up at withrow? i guess i need to follow more closely !

thanks dabs great list of kids to watch. wrencher doesnt play for east though. she got declined by the state 2 times.

when did the drew kid end up at withrow? i guess i need to follow more closely !

Thanks Panther....I did hear she isn't playing at East, but is she still attending school there?

good question! no idea where wrencher is enrolled. any insights?

Olivia is enrolled at Lakota East. I believe her family has submitted yet another appeal and they hope to be cleared a few weeks into the season. I'm not sure what grounds they are using as an appeal though. All I know is what I have just stated.

Miss, hmm let's see. I don't believe I questioned rather she should be on the list. If I did, can you point that out to me? I think I was leaning more on the side of parents and people in general judging the status of a player based on the level of college they choose. I also made sure to add that I was not being sarcastic because again I was not. I was actually making the same point that you are. Quite frankly, I have never seen this young lady play before so I don't know if she actually belongs on the list or not.

And I don't believe I was even referencing what you said directly at any point. If I was I would have quoted you. I didn't even mention anything you said specifically. I was just making my own comment on the topic. Relax.

Miss, hmm let's see. I don't believe I questioned rather she should be on the list. If I did, can you point that out to me? I think I was leaning more on the side of parents and people in general judging the status of a player based on the level of college they choose. I also made sure to add that I was not being sarcastic because again I was not. I was actually making the same point that you are. Quite frankly, I have never seen this young lady play before so I don't know if she actually belongs on the list or not.