Cincinnati Princeton 2022 SG Bowen Hardman Commits to Ohio State

Vike16

6'4 Hardman averaged 11.8 pts , 2.1 rebs, and 39.5% from the 3 point line as a sophomore for Princeton

From his clips he seems a little one dimensional for a big time college program. Of course he is still a 10th grader. I can see a comparison to Ahrens.

I think Hardman has a higher ceiling than Ahrens. Ahrens was a big fish in a small pond balling on 5'10 farm boys week in and week out. Hardman is playing against much better comp and I think will continue to shine as a prospect as the offense goes through him more over the next 2 seasons.

Agree. Just what Buckeyes need . . . another player that can only shoot and can't play defense.
Can he beat people off the dribble. Most average players can just shoot today and makes them Much easier to guard. He’s still young.

I didn’t ask that. Does he have handles. Does he have a pull-up jumper ? Most of the best do. Everyone in gym class can make the 3 ball. And athletic 6’3”” guys can dunk.

Last edited:
I didn’t ask that. Does he have handles. Does he have a pull-up jumper ? Most of the best do. Everyone is gym class can make the 3 ball. And athletic 6’3”” guys can dunk.

Once you actually watch him play a real game, you will get it. He is a decent ball handler, got better on defense with being long and using his size, he has good athletic ability, and he can shoot the lights out of the ball. I think he might get up to 6'5 or 6'6 by his senior year. Great pick up for the Buckeyes

He’s a sophomore, he’s got plenty of time to develop areas of his game. He’s 15 or 16 - prop the kid up. Good luck to the young man, it’s an amazing accomplishment to receive a high D1 scholarship as a sophomore.

Checked out his stats on the GMC site. It appears right now all he does is shoot the three and make free throws. 2.5 boards and 1 assist and 1 steal per game. Time will tell I guess, sometimes the schools just want to get involved with a kid early and that interest tapers off if they don’t develop. Two years to improve other areas of his game.

That was my point. That’s the problem with a lot of HS players today. Very 1 dimensional. He’ll need way more then that going forward.

Appears he played on a very senior heavy team (8 and most of the other scoring). True, he did attempt 58% of his field goals from 3. But when you hit close to 40% why not? BTW he shot just over 50% on his 2s. I bet he controls the ball a lot more and shoots more 2s next year. Will be interesting to see his development.

Appears he played on a very senior heavy team (8 and most of the other scoring). True, he did attempt 58% of his field goals from 3. But when you hit close to 40% why not? BTW he shot just over 50% on his 2s. I bet he controls the ball a lot more and shoots more 2s next year. Will be interesting to see his development.

That was my point. That’s the problem with a lot of HS players today. Very 1 dimensional. He’ll need way more then that going forward.

lol - do you actually think he got a full scholarship as a sophomore to one of the most prestigious athletic universities in the country because of his high school stats and season?

Because HS teams are so controlled and scripted, there’s no way you can assess a kids full potential in these games. That’s why AAU is more important to recruiting, because you can truly assess a kids athletic and skill potential when he’s given more freedom to show his full skill set.

most of the kids are completely different players when playing teams outside of their high school teams.

lol - do you actually think he got a full scholarship as a sophomore to one of the most prestigious athletic universities in the country because of his high school stats and season?

Because HS teams are so controlled and scripted, there’s no way you can assess a kids full potential in these games. That’s why AAU is more important to recruiting, because you can truly assess a kids athletic and skill potential when he’s given more freedom to show his full skill set.

most of the kids are completely different players when playing teams outside of their high school teams.
6’5 athlete as described averaging 2.5 boards, 1 steal, and 1 assist. That has nothing to do with AAU vs high school style of play that’s desire. The kid may turn out to be a McDonalds All-American and that would be great! My point was it is only a verbal commit for OSU and everybody knows in the long run those fall apart for a variety of reasons.

6’5 athlete as described averaging 2.5 boards, 1 steal, and 1 assist. That has nothing to do with AAU vs high school style of play that’s desire. The kid may turn out to be a McDonalds All-American and that would be great! My point was it is only a verbal commit for OSU and everybody knows in the long run those fall apart for a variety of reasons.

LOL - you have issues - calling out the desire of a 16 year old kid who just got a free ride to a fantastic university as a sophomore. LOL

You have no idea what his coach asked him to do on that team. Being on the younger end of the roster, perhaps that was his role. It happens all the time on high school teams.

LOL - you have issues - calling out the desire of a 16 year old kid who just got a free ride to a fantastic university as a sophomore. LOL

You have no idea what his coach asked him to do on that team. Being on the younger end of the roster, perhaps that was his role. It happens all the time on high school teams.
My apologies if it’s against the rules to comment on effort “desire”. Can anybody else provide an example of a coach telling a 6’5 athlete not to rebound or defend? I’m all ears!

Tremendous shooter. Quick release and on film looks quite fluid pulling up off the bounce.

There's a reason why just about all of the regional powers seemed to have at least passing interest in this kid. The higher you go up the basketball food chain, big time shooters are incredibly important to offensive spacing and efficiency.

AAU. That’s a wonderful yardstick ??. There’s no D and no structure. There will in college. I do wish him the Best ?

My apologies if it’s against the rules to comment on effort “desire”. Can anybody else provide an example of a coach telling a 6’5 athlete not to rebound or defend? I’m all ears!

It should be against the rules to post about a kids desire that you have never seen play before. He had OSU, UC, XU, Purdue, and IU after him as a frosh and soph.

AAU. That’s a wonderful yardstick ??. There’s no D and no structure. There will in college. I do wish him the Best ?

AAU is a much better environment to assess a players true skills and potential as they are playing with much more freedom. High school games are much more scripted and controlled. You don’t get a true sense of the player that could be in such a controlled environment. This, among other things, is why AAU is where your recruitment is Made and why EVERY college recruiter goes to AAU events.

Care free. Yes , a lot of college coaches go to aau events, mostly to see how kids play against others at their same level of play. However. aau is horrible for skill development. Most aau ball is one on one shake and bake and get my stats. AAU might be faster paced than the way some high school teams play, but that does not necessarily equate to great basketball skill development. Just some thoughts

Care free. Yes , a lot of college coaches go to aau events, mostly to see how kids play against others at their same level of play. However. aau is horrible for skill development. Most aau ball is one on one shake and bake and get my stats. AAU might be faster paced than the way some high school teams play, but that does not necessarily equate to great basketball skill development. Just some thoughts

From a college coaching perspective, the main draw to AAU seems to be convenience. It's much easier to see kids live in the summer than in the winter, and moreso, at major tournaments and showcase events they might get to evaluate several players that they're interested in within a weekend.

people who comment on here make me laugh a lot. First off to piggyback an earlier comment AAU is king high school means very little. I know of 6'4" guards who play post in high school but play 2 guard in aau, mostly because school is smaller but not getting any looks based on that part of high school

Let me preface this that I coached high school basketball in division 1 as a varsity asst for many years. I was down with our team last year at OHIO ST team camp. Talked heavily with asst coaches and recruiting coordinator. If you all will flashback to the point last year where NCAA announced they were moving the line back. that was right about time of team camp

Most brushed that off but that weekend trust me it was said to me numerous times kids were going to be re-evaluated for their ability to shoot the ball and space the floor. Now I am not speaking directly about this kid just in general but kids who may have been mid major kids previously have been jumped up to major target watch lists It is trickle down effect d2 kids getting more looks at being shooter for a d1 school now etc.

Over the course of next couple years you will see more kids who can shoot it getting more looks because their ability to space the floor for bigs (ie Wesson) is huge. Sure they will still recruit elite players regardless but a three star kid who can shoot it at 40% may get a look over a 4 star kid with someone on the roster with identical skill set

When did I ever say AAU was good for development? Never said that and I have no idea why you think I said that.

I said AAU allows more freedom for players to showcase their array of skills. It’s a better showcase for their athleticism and their skill set, both of which may be muted on their high school teams.

It also allows the convenience of recruiters to see many players in one venue, as others have noted.

people who comment on here make me laugh a lot. First off to piggyback an earlier comment AAU is king high school means very little. I know of 6'4" guards who play post in high school but play 2 guard in aau, mostly because school is smaller but not getting any looks based on that part of high school

Let me preface this that I coached high school basketball in division 1 as a varsity asst for many years. I was down with our team last year at OHIO ST team camp. Talked heavily with asst coaches and recruiting coordinator. If you all will flashback to the point last year where NCAA announced they were moving the line back. that was right about time of team camp

Most brushed that off but that weekend trust me it was said to me numerous times kids were going to be re-evaluated for their ability to shoot the ball and space the floor. Now I am not speaking directly about this kid just in general but kids who may have been mid major kids previously have been jumped up to major target watch lists It is trickle down effect d2 kids getting more looks at being shooter for a d1 school now etc.

Over the course of next couple years you will see more kids who can shoot it getting more looks because their ability to space the floor for bigs (ie Wesson) is huge. Sure they will still recruit elite players regardless but a three star kid who can shoot it at 40% may get a look over a 4 star kid with someone on the roster with identical skill set

Exactly - finally someone that knows what they’re talking about.