Cincinnati Metro Conference

LICKING COUNTY FAN

Can Taft take the conference again? 5-0 Last season in conference
Will Western Hills overcome Taft to take the title? 5-1 last season
Or will Aiken be improved and make the big move 3-2 last season

Others
Woodward 3-3 last season- was 2-4 the year before but the conference is a lot different then it was two years ago.
Shroder 3-4 Can they get above .500 in the conference
Hughes 2-5- Seems like these guys might be the team to make the biggest improvement, as it seems things are on a up movement.
Riverview East 2-5 in conference 4-6 overall. Is .500 a possibility overall this season?
Gamble Montessori- 0-5 Their coach gives all he has to this team, will his effort turn to positive results on the field, meaning wins.

Riverview East and Woodward both have new coaching staffs so could be some transition there. Taft has been dominant the past few years but graduated the core of that team last year. I think Aiken has the best shot to knock them off. West Hi is in the conversation also (Best player in CMAC is there). Shroder improved last season and should give people tough games this year. Hughes has a lot coming back, should win a couple more than last year. Gamble is a tough situation. They just don't have numbers, usually 13-17 kids recently.

Speaking of stipends, didnt CPS get a huge chunk of coin via tax from all the development in the city?
Not as much as you think as most of the development is tax abated. Very few of these developments are paying full property taxes if they are paying at all.

Yes, I know this is a big issue with the Teachers' Union. District enrollment has been constantly increasing the past 5 or so years as well, so it's definitely a problem.

They have a school levy coming in November. From what I am hearing CPS pays teachers well and Administrators are top paid in Hamilton County. However, coaches stipends are sad. But I was told the teachers union does all the negotiation. So if you don't have coaches represented then I can see why stipends are low.

The levy is a renewal in November, no new taxes. CPS teachers are not even close to top paid anymore, it's been well over a decade since they were toward the top in Hamilton County. Every other district more than made up for freezes after the Recession, CPS didn't. They are about middle of the pack anymore with pay.

The levy is a renewal in November, no new taxes. CPS teachers are not even close to top paid anymore, it's been well over a decade since they were toward the top in Hamilton County. Every other district more than made up for freezes after the Recession, CPS didn't. They are about middle of the pack anymore with pay.
Wow well that's sad

It is sad. I'm not saying CPS teachers are terribly paid; however, in Hamilton County, there are 22 school districts, and there are at least 8 districts that I know for sure that pay better than CPS. And CPS' enrollment has been steadily increasing for about the past 10 years or so. And they wonder why CPS has so much teacher turnover. They have WAY more BS to deal with than the other districts and the pay isn't worth the headache for most.

Now the admin pay is TERRIBLE compared to the suburban districts, especially for Assistant Principals. Most teachers with 10+ years make more money than the Assistant Principals, so they have the biggest issues attracting and retaining Administrators.

Lastly, just about every other district has some sort of repayment to teachers who take more college classes, whether it's 25%, 50%, etc. and CPS has no such provisions for their teachers.

Again, they wonder why they have over 30% turnover every year.

It is sad. I'm not saying CPS teachers are terribly paid; however, in Hamilton County, there are 22 school districts, and there are at least 8 districts that I know for sure that pay better than CPS. And CPS' enrollment has been steadily increasing for about the past 10 years or so. And they wonder why CPS has so much teacher turnover. They have WAY more BS to deal with than the other districts and the pay isn't worth the headache for most.

Now the admin pay is TERRIBLE compared to the suburban districts, especially for Assistant Principals. Most teachers with 10+ years make more money than the Assistant Principals, so they have the biggest issues attracting and retaining Administrators.

Lastly, just about every other district has some sort of repayment to teachers who take more college classes, whether it's 25%, 50%, etc. and CPS has no such provisions for their teachers.

Again, they wonder why they have over 30% turnover every year.
30% is high turnover and it is the largest district in Hamilton County so that actual number is horrible. I know the district I reside pays well because we have teachers who are in there 18 year of teaching who making 6 figures.

30% is high turnover and it is the largest district in Hamilton County so that actual number is horrible. I know the district I reside pays well because we have teachers who are in there 18 year of teaching who making 6 figures.
Man what district is that so I can tell my teacher wife to change districts.

Riverview East and Woodward both have new coaching staffs so could be some transition there. Taft has been dominant the past few years but graduated the core of that team last year. I think Aiken has the best shot to knock them off. West Hi is in the conversation also (Best player in CMAC is there). Shroder improved last season and should give people tough games this year. Hughes has a lot coming back, should win a couple more than last year. Gamble is a tough situation. They just don't have numbers, usually 13-17 kids recently.

1. Taft (When was the last time the Senators lost a conference game?)
2. Western Hills (Running back Kayvon Britton is able to keep them in every game)
3. Aiken (program has 4 straight winning seasons)
4. Woodward (Quarterback Daniel Ingram is the returning conference player of the year)
5. Hughes (DeZion Coleman is a threat to score on anytime he has the ball)
6. Shroder (shut out in 5 games season, needs to seriously find answers)
7. Gamble (non conference- New Miami, Batavia and Clark all winnable game)
8. Riverview East

2. Western Hills (Running back Kayvon Britton is able to keep them in every game)
4. Woodward (Quarterback Daniel Ingram is the returning conference player of the year)
8. Riverview East
Ingram is no longer with Woodward.

8. Riverview East

Last time Taft lost a league game was in 2014

Really happy Taft started the season off with a win against Northwest. I don't see too many CMAC teams getting week 1 victories. The Withrow and Woodward game stands out because of the Coach Jones and Daniel Ingram switch to Withrow. Hope all the teams fight hard and stay healthy tonight. Weekly predictions listed below.

Withrow at Woodward
Shroder at St. Bernard
Riverview East at National Trail
Hughes at Deer Park
Middletown at Western Hills
Aiken at North College Hill
Gamble Montessori at New Miami

Week 2 Schedule

Woodward @ CJ
Taft @ Wyoming
Finneytown @ Riverview East
Hughes at North College Hill
Aiken @ Walnut Hills
Batavia @ Gamble
Mariemont @ Western Hills
Shroder @ Purcell

This looks like a tough week for the CMAC I see 2 potential wins.

I agree, this is going to be a rough week for the CMAC. I only have Hughes winning in close one over NCH.

Woodward @ CJ - Woodward may be facing a running clock situation against CJ
Taft @ Wyoming - Taft has the coaching, but can the new talent take down Prater and the Cowboys?
Finneytown @ Riverview East - Finneytown wins this pillow fight
Hughes at North College Hill - First team to two touchdowns wins
Aiken @ Walnut Hills - Walnut is too deep but game should be closer than last year
Batavia
@ Gamble - Batavia is too much for Gamble
Mariemont @ Western Hills - Western Hills needs to get their offense rolling this week
Shroder @ Purcell - Cavs are going to run the ball up and down the field on Shroder.

Can't wait for week 3... sheesh

I agree, this is going to be a rough week for the CMAC. I only have Hughes winning in close one over NCH.

Woodward @ CJ - Woodward may be facing a running clock situation against CJ
Taft @ Wyoming - Taft has the coaching, but can the new talent take down Prater and the Cowboys?
Finneytown @ Riverview East - Finneytown wins this pillow fight
Hughes at North College Hill - First team to two touchdowns wins
Aiken @ Walnut Hills - Walnut is too deep but game should be closer than last year
Batavia
@ Gamble - Batavia is too much for Gamble
Mariemont @ Western Hills - Western Hills needs to get their offense rolling this week
Shroder @ Purcell - Cavs are going to run the ball up and down the field on Shroder.

Can't wait for week 3... sheesh

Good breakdown. Woodward for sure running clock. Taft loses by 3 TDs... Pillow fight :ROFLMAO:... I can see Hughes winning big in this one NCH has been really down. I also think Aiken will play this one tough but Depth will watch up to them. Gamble might not win a game all season. If west Hi can get Britton going they'll have a shot, he is a big time game changer. Shroder is much better than 2018 and might creep up on people this year. They dont win this week though.

The Big Red has legit game changers with De'Zion Coleman and Juwaan Davis, I'm just confused why the offense isn't more explosive. If Hughes figures it out, they could easily win 6 games this year.