Cincinnati Jobs

God forbid. I know it’s 2022. If these WOKE parents and the spineless boards and administrators don’t step forward, you’ll have little left at MANY schools. It’s already full speed ahead for at Many schools. Many coaches are beating their heads against the wall or are simply getting out of the profession
I actually know a few people who think School Board Members are the Boss of All District Employees and they don’t think these Board Members have to follow District Policies. Elections have consequences and many people just are not smart enough to realize this.

New Richmond it seems having a hard time as a District with $$ and West Clermont as a whole is a clusterfck at minimum!

I actually know a few people who think School Board Members are the Boss of All District Employees and they don’t think these Board Members have to follow District Policies. Elections have consequences and many people just are not smart enough to realize this.

New Richmond it seems having a hard time as a District with $$ and West Clermont as a whole is a clusterfck at minimum!
Like many positions in our world, people who have them don't have the greater good in mind. They have their personal agendas. It may be political agenda(Left or right...not interested in a discussion), it may be "what me and my friends want the district to be." Often now, it turns into parents joining the board to control the hiring of teachers and admins, and even moreso coaches. All it takes is 3 people to change the direction of a district. Too many parents(Some of you fit in this category and some of you do not) are blinded by their children's success or lack thereof; and decide someone else is responsible for their failings...or is holding them back. That's both scary to the employees who try their best and embarassing to the district to be overthrown by 3 angry parents.

Like many positions in our world, people who have them don't have the greater good in mind. They have their personal agendas. It may be political agenda(Left or right...not interested in a discussion), it may be "what me and my friends want the district to be." Often now, it turns into parents joining the board to control the hiring of teachers and admins, and even moreso coaches. All it takes is 3 people to change the direction of a district. Too many parents(Some of you fit in this category and some of you do not) are blinded by their children's success or lack thereof; and decide someone else is responsible for their failings...or is holding them back. That's both scary to the employees who try their best and embarassing to the district to be overthrown by 3 angry parents.
You said it right. Without question. Problem is, many solid people won’t run for school board. Sad, but true. They run for city council or county commissioners, but not schools. People vote for the most popular guy in some cases, not the most qualified. School board is a tough job, but some can’t get a handle on their responsibility or become so overbearing because for the first time in their life they’re in power of authority. Some of the same schools stay at the top, but many have fallen near the bottom of the barrel academically, financially and athletically. Not a good cycle right now and don’t know when it ends.

Just to play devil's advocate......if a school board doesn't have the authority to hire (or fire), who does (or should)? After all, board members are the only people connected with the school district who are elected. Aren't school district hirings made by some authorized school employee (superintendent, principal) with the consent of the board. I couldn't find figures pertaining to the size of the Indian Hill school district so I picked one that was readily available, Lakota. Yes, I know its much bigger than Indian Hill and the board currently has problems not related to athletics. Its website lists 1,845 employees, both teaching and non-teaching. Let's say there's a 10% turnover. Do you think the school board is going to directly
agonize over each and every one of the 184 new hires from kindergarten teacher to cafeteria worker or does it come into play only when it involves a new superintendent, principal, athletic director or head coach of a revenue sport? From my decades of observation in many walks of life, the person who does the hiring thinks he is going to make a scientific decision as though that could somehow be quantified. In most cases the hiring process becomes a personal one and the job goes to the person the hirer likes best.

In most cases, the school board plays little or no role in the hiring of a coach. They simply approve the hire given to them by the athletic director. In nearly every hiring announcement there is a statement that says "pending board approval." The AD knows this is a done deal. If not, why would they release the name of the new hire before the board even voted?

Looks like the West clermont circus heading down the road again. Finally found another round of canidates and offered job to Overton ( not sure spelling) old Sycamore coach. He accepted job Friday . After setting up meetings with some possible assistant coaches suddenly calls and cancells with a text that says I've decided not to accept the job. Seriously you can't make this stuff up. Dude must have looked into it a little more and ran (fast) away. Looks to me only one standing in this mess is Vickers and they already turned him down once. Stay tuned to this comedy show.

Its funny because I see it the exact opposite as a WC resident. They had a terrible football coach, that was running the program into the ground, and they made a change. The change wasn't easy, and they didn't do what was easy when choosing a coach, they kept at it until they got their guy, and the direction of that program has changed COMPLETELY. Basically the same could be said with basketball, they again felt a change needed to be made, they made it, process wasn't easy, didn't like the choices, stayed with it and have ended up in a much better situation. Isn't that the goal??? to not hire a coach in the quickest way possible, but to hire someone that you wont have to replace again in 2 years, at least that's the way I see it.

Its funny because I see it the exact opposite as a WC resident. They had a terrible football coach, that was running the program into the ground, and they made a change. The change wasn't easy, and they didn't do what was easy when choosing a coach, they kept at it until they got their guy, and the direction of that program has changed COMPLETELY. Basically the same could be said with basketball, they again felt a change needed to be made, they made it, process wasn't easy, didn't like the choices, stayed with it and have ended up in a much better situation. Isn't that the goal??? to not hire a coach in the quickest way possible, but to hire someone that you wont have to replace again in 2 years, at least that's the way I see it.
But they HAVEN'T ended up in a much better place, have they? They still don't have a coach apparently and the search has been a disaster by all accounts.

But they HAVEN'T ended up in a much better place, have they? They still don't have a coach apparently and the search has been a disaster by all accounts.
IMO, football, much, much better. Basketball, going by the previous poster of Vickers getting hired is much better.

Looks like the West clermont circus heading down the road again. Finally found another round of canidates and offered job to Overton ( not sure spelling) old Sycamore coach. He accepted job Friday . After setting up meetings with some possible assistant coaches suddenly calls and cancells with a text that says I've decided not to accept the job. Seriously you can't make this stuff up. Dude must have looked into it a little more and ran (fast) away. Looks to me only one standing in this mess is Vickers and they already turned him down once. Stay tuned to this comedy show.
what an embarrassing mess......

It had nothing to do with Ovington "running away" and everything about WC not being able to provide a teaching job that met his salary after they attempted to look into it and were told they couldn't from what I was told by someone in the building. The candidate pool from the first round of interviews was a disaster and not an upgrade, so instead of settling, they actually had the decency to say no we are going to get this right and re-opened it. Ovington was 1. Vickers was 2. Ovington turned it down and Vickers will most likely be the next head coach at WC which is an upgrade from the last 2 they've had. So instead of bitter area coaches that didn't get the decency of an interview posting slander on here, let's be appreciative of what WC is doing right now and the opportunity ahead.

Upgraded the football program and the basketball program and didn't settle for coaches that they didn't feel would come in and get it right with the amount of talent coming in to both programs. As a parent of a player in the boys basketball program, I couldn't be more thankful for the hours they put in to make sure we got a good hire.

It had nothing to do with Ovington "running away" and everything about WC not being able to provide a teaching job that met his salary after they attempted to look into it and were told they couldn't from what I was told by someone in the building. The candidate pool from the first round of interviews was a disaster and not an upgrade, so instead of settling, they actually had the decency to say no we are going to get this right and re-opened it. Ovington was 1. Vickers was 2. Ovington turned it down and Vickers will most likely be the next head coach at WC which is an upgrade from the last 2 they've had. So instead of bitter area coaches that didn't get the decency of an interview posting slander on here, let's be appreciative of what WC is doing right now and the opportunity ahead.

Upgraded the football program and the basketball program and didn't settle for coaches that they didn't feel would come in and get it right with the amount of talent coming in to both programs. As a parent of a player in the boys basketball program, I couldn't be more thankful for the hours they put in to make sure we got a good hire.

Yeah... Vickers dealing with Pacman Jones as a parent of the program should be entertaining!

How can you tell that a program has COMPLETELY changed directions without a Game being played? How long you think Vicker’s will last or stay?

I'm hearing both good and bad about the football coach. So I'll wait to judge.
Just flat out surprised VIckers gets another chance. Heck of a darn good coach. But I think his past was why he wasn't an earlier WC option.

Thank you so much for setting the record straight on the hiring process inside the West Clermont Athletic Department. There has been a lot of wild speculation that the WC AD is a bit of a cluster mess, but your insight has allowed us novices to see that this is all part of a genius plan to acquire the best possible candidate. I must admit as an outsider it has appeared to be a bit amateurish and direction less, but your insider information has put those misconceptions to rest.

Bitter area Coaches posting slander on here? Seriously? How do you know Football been upgraded? You say Basketball at WC has also upgraded but yet they don’t even have a Coach. Very odd opinion.

Bitter area Coaches posting slander on here? Seriously? How do you know Football been upgraded? You say Basketball at WC has also upgraded but yet they don’t even have a Coach. Very odd oepinion.
.......See, we just don't understand. WC is not a rudderless dumpster fire, it is a well oiled machine of an athletic department. It just appears to be amateur to outsiders, but behind the scenes they have it all under control. Phase one of their genius master plan is to get somebody, anybody to accept their varsity boys basketball position. Phase two is probably to secure membership in the Southern Buckeye Conference, like they did with Amelia. This is all high level, matrix like stuff. Too complex for the average fan that follow.

Last edited:
Bitter area Coaches posting slander on here? Seriously? How do you know Football been upgraded? You say Basketball at WC has also upgraded but yet they don’t even have a Coach. Very odd opinion.
1st post. Name of "Amelia." Put the clues together. And honestly; the job was posted 3 times. Was there ANYONE in the city who has ever coached basketball that DID NOT talk to West Clermont? :ROFLMAO:

1st post. Name of "Amelia." Put the clues together. And honestly; the job was posted 3 times. Was there ANYONE in the city who has ever coached basketball that DID NOT talk to West Clermont? :ROFLMAO:
No doubt.....they've been robo calling everyone in the 513 area code for the last six weeks " If you would like to coach boys varsity basketball at West Clermont High School press one now." Seems folks are a tad bit reluctant to work in that athletic department.

To me, this seems to be happening more and more in HS basketball. It's not really about hiring the best coach, it's about hiring the person that will fulfill personal agendas. I think you're spot on with your assessment.

MVCA is open per OHSAA member jobs directory. Had some decent young talent last year, although it will be interesting to see if sophomore to be Andrew Wilson stays there since his dad was the former coach.

MVCA is open per OHSAA member jobs directory. Had some decent young talent last year, although it will be interesting to see if sophomore to be Andrew Wilson stays there since his dad was the former coach.
i THINK he's just a busy professional. They begged him to coach the team the last 2 years. They could be a solid d4 team if they all stay

Heck! I wouldn't be surprised if he was begging Mazzaro to come back for the 4th or 5th time to the sidelines.
All you clowns on here that got all answers in coaching are a great comedy. Think you got all answers but most time NO CLUE!! I tried months ago to give some facts, but why let that get in way of your expertise. As for Mazzaro let me try again with some facts. You experts keep saying he left whenever talent dried up. 100% wrong (as usual). Let me try this again. Dude took over one of worst programs in city back in 1992. My sons were part of early years so I know some , unlike the other experts. After one year complete rebuild. I saw what it took and trust me it was more than anyone could imagine. Saw first hand a coach that did more than most other would do. He personally paid assistants, had no athletic trainer,no budget so had to buy practice gear and many other needed materials ,had to fix gym buy nets/rims clean floors and many more. He had very little help. This went on after my sons had left. After 7-8 years of all winning seasons in very tough leagues, here are the real FACTS of why he left. After each year threre would be the standard meeting with higher ups where he would explain what was needed ect. at the end of each he was told YES will get all done, but when time came he was told can"t do it. Finally after 7th year was told 100% all done. Go hire coaches get whats needed. After doing many of things to get the program up to minimum of what all other teams, they came to him in September of that year and said once again NO can"t' do any of it and Mazzaro said thats it. Check the records and you will see that West Clermont the following year instuted many of the changes that he said were needed. The main one being paid ast. coaches for all sports. Being flat lied to one more time was Reason He Left. MORE FACTS!! The team he left won 14 and 12 games and the first one was probably one of best ever there. I followed some and knew one ast. coach. Quotes he told me "this coach does nothing except role out ball" and" if Mazz here we win 18 and 15 games. " That really doesn"t go with runs out when talent drys up DOE IT??. Hope this clears up situation but some people never let facts get in way of an opinion.I'll get back and give you some other years FACTS also.I followed program but not as closely , but still know the FACTS of 2 other years too. Hope this clears up some WRONG OPINIONS.

All you clowns on here that got all answers in coaching are a great comedy. Think you got all answers but most time NO CLUE!! I tried months ago to give some facts, but why let that get in way of your expertise. As for Mazzaro let me try again with some facts. You experts keep saying he left whenever talent dried up. 100% wrong (as usual). Let me try this again. Dude took over one of worst programs in city back in 1992. My sons were part of early years so I know some , unlike the other experts. After one year complete rebuild. I saw what it took and trust me it was more than anyone could imagine. Saw first hand a coach that did more than most other would do. He personally paid assistants, had no athletic trainer,no budget so had to buy practice gear and many other needed materials ,had to fix gym buy nets/rims clean floors and many more. He had very little help. This went on after my sons had left. After 7-8 years of all winning seasons in very tough leagues, here are the real FACTS of why he left. After each year threre would be the standard meeting with higher ups where he would explain what was needed ect. at the end of each he was told YES will get all done, but when time came he was told can"t do it. Finally after 7th year was told 100% all done. Go hire coaches get whats needed. After doing many of things to get the program up to minimum of what all other teams, they came to him in September of that year and said once again NO can"t' do any of it and Mazzaro said thats it. Check the records and you will see that West Clermont the following year instuted many of the changes that he said were needed. The main one being paid ast. coaches for all sports. Being flat lied to one more time was Reason He Left. MORE FACTS!! The team he left won 14 and 12 games and the first one was probably one of best ever there. I followed some and knew one ast. coach. Quotes he told me "this coach does nothing except role out ball" and" if Mazz here we win 18 and 15 games. " That really doesn"t go with runs out when talent drys up DOE IT??. Hope this clears up situation but some people never let facts get in way of an opinion.I'll get back and give you some other years FACTS also.I followed program but not as closely , but still know the FACTS of 2 other years too. Hope this clears up some WRONG OPINIONS.
are you implying i dont think Mazzaro is a great coach? because he is!

I'm stating a fact, too. He's left a couple times, and additionally wasn't intially interested(or at least projected that perception) in the WC job until Collins asked him to interview.

Those are facts too.

And yes, his replacement(s) at Amelia; not exactly stellar coaches.