Cincinnati Hills League 2009

Reading won 1-0 but I still have The Braves #1 at the end. Seasoned players and pitchers will out last Reading.

Easy id man - we all say things in support of our teams that may not work out - looks to me like AFB was a whole lot closer to getting it right than you...

No doubt--but i wont change my tune like gummybear. Reading and Taylor overachieved this season while Madeira and IH underperformed with the talent they had

No doubt--but i wont change my tune like gummybear. Reading and Taylor overachieved this season while Madeira and IH underperformed with the talent they had

It never seems to amaze me. Some people are so narrow minded. "I mean really kid?"You gotta give props when props are due. Not even a month or two ago you make a bold prediction and still can't man up when your wrong. Theres one thing rooting for your team but to say a team "Overachieved" when they have had a good team for a couple years(Tournament runs and being the only DIV team) is ignorant. They just missed the CHL championship last year by a game to Mariemont. But its ok I understand some people just dont understand sports ethics in general. Good Look with that.

2008 Standings:
Mariemont 12-2 ____ 16-5
Reading 11-3______ 21-4
Madeira 10-4______ 17-8
Wyoming 8-6______ 10-17
Indian Hill 7-7______ 11-16
2009 Standings:
Reading 11-2____ 21-3
Indian Hill 6-7___ 9-15 6th out of 8
2007:
Reading lost in Sect. Championship by a run
Indian Hill didnt even make it out the second round

Taylor had the baseball awards tonight. They had seven players receive league honers and their head coach was named CHL coach of the year.

1st Team:
Jr.-Matt Lakamp SS
Sr.-Micheal Presnell CF (Also named to the East-West All Star game)

2nd Team:
Jr.John Greene RF
So.-Zach Brisker P/DH
Jr.-Jared Lee P
So.-Patrick Pennington C

Honorable Mention:
Sr.-Alex Lammers 3b

With 5 returning all league players and a JV that finished 16-3 overall and 10-1 in league, they look like they will have a pretty solid team next year as well. Good luck to all the seniors it's been a pleasure watching you over the years. Lets go Cleves Stars!!!

Reading won 10-5. District Champs. Also 1st team Edwards, Gertz , Basler and Bessey. 2nd team Overbeck and Lacinak. Hon Ment: Manis and Antoun. 5 of the 8 players will be returning next year.

DIV Clayton#1 District Final

DIV
#1)Reading(22-3)11-2 . #1)Franklin Monroe(21-2)10-1
"Rematch of 08" DistricT Final

Sat. May 24, 2008 3pm @ Northmont:Franklin Monroe def. Reading 5-3
Sat. May 23, 11am @ Northmont-Reading def. Franklin Monroe 10-5
F-M Only Loss was to Tri County North 3-0

COACHING POLL STATE
DIV:
#6)Reading
#12)Franklin Monroe

Anyone know Madeira and Wyoming Scores?

Madiera lost to Dixie 6-4. Wyoming lost to Bellefontaine 16-6. I know this is baseball but but a shout out to Madiera and Reading softball teams. Madiera lost to Madison 5-4 in 14 inn's and Reading lost to Triad 5-3. 14 inn's in that heat yesterday, it must have been rough.

Good Luck Reading in Regionals!

Reading (22-3)
vs
Cincinnati Christian (16-6)
5/28/2009 2PM @ Wayne

The winner will player either

Delphos Jefferson (18-5)
or
Lehman Catholic (20-8)
5/28/2009 5PM @ Wayne

Only 16 Teams Left in State DIV

Good Luck Again!

Reading among the final 8 teams in state!

The Blue Devils (23-3) won the Cincinnati Hills League regular season championship, Reading’s first league title in 16 years.

After receiving the top seed in the Cincinnati sectional tournament, the Blue Devils beat Georgetown 
(21-0), Seven Hills (11-1) and Franklin Monroe (10-5) to secure their spot at regionals. After beating Cincinnati Christian (6-4) the blue devils will play Delpho's Jefferson 19-5 for a chance to play in the state Final four. Good Luck!

The problem with how Reading runs the hidden ball trick is that they call time (typically for a mound visit), and then (once the coach leaves) the pitcher gets on the mound (which renders the hidden ball trick impossible to be run LEGALLY).

I remember them trying it at least four years ago against Madeira. It worked, but it didn't matter.

The umpire knew what he was doing. If the pitcher is on the mound, the hidden ball trick cannot be run.

The fault is not on the runner if this is the case (as it has been in the past with Reading, as their pitcher toes the rubber before the infielder tags the runner). Any baserunner is told to wait until the pitcher is on the mound to his your lead.

Young buddy, you need to know that there are different rules in the majors and in high school. In the Majors the pitcher must be off the mound; in HS the pitcher need only be off the rubber. Knowing the rules is a smart first step before you start running with falsehoods. Ask your favorite umpire the next time you chat.

12 Cincinnati Elder (2005,1999,84,78,73,60,59, 8,56,55,52,43)
6 Cincinnati Reading (1980, 74, 57, 46, 44, 42)
6 Newark Catholic (2006, 04, 03, 02, 1989, 88)
5 Cincinnati Western Hills (1986, 77, 67, 51, 48)
5 Coldwater (1992, 90, 87, 84, 83)
4 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller (2004, 1993, 89, 72)
4 Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (2008, 06, 04, 1999)

Some impressive stats there--one thing that is evident is that SW Ohio puts out some good ball teams. The Newark team appears to be the most consistent team of the modern era. Those Elder boys sure are something but they racked up a lot of their titles before the catchers had face masks (same with Reading).

Some impressive stats there--one thing that is evident is that SW Ohio puts out some good ball teams. The Newark team appears to be the most consistent team of the modern era. Those Elder boys sure are something but they racked up a lot of their titles before the catchers had face masks (same with Reading).

I'm an eastsider. I am not a GCL fan, I am no fan of Elder.....But, they have won at least one Ohio big school state baseball title in every decade for the last sixty years. No matter how you spin it, that's pretty good.

The state record book is wrong by the way. The last time Reading went to the state final four was in 93' or 94'...lost to Utica 7-2 in state semis...I called the guy at OHSAA that handles the state records...i know the thread is about titles, but just so everyone knows...Oh, now Reading can add 2009 to the records books...GOOD LUCK DEVILS!!!! Represent Reading With Pride!!!! STATE BOUND!!!

Readings Opponent in State Final 4:

Reading will play either Patrick Henry or Toledo Christian. The Patrick Henry team is coming in having hosted their OWN Regionals the past 2 years. They definatly benefited from it last year. Their the defending champions.

Congrats to all CHL-all leaguers.Just a little suprised that Cameron Malone wasn't all-city.The young man pounds the baseball and certainly has the stats to back it. Herkamp had a heck of a year as well as Brown, so congrats to both of them on players of the year.Alot of very good seniors are done,so I will be the first to tell them thanks for some great baseball.