Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

Anyone know what the practice schedule is like for teams at Cintas? I'm not trying to attend, just curious how much practice time each team gets to have there before they play.

pretty sure a team just needs to reach out to Xavier to get practice time on the court. Teams like Moeller will go to the college gyms a few times during the year to get use to the arena so it’s not a shock at tourney time. Turpin also posted pictures earlier in the year down at X watching a practice I think it’s safe to assume they got some floor time as well while there.

as for tourney time I’m not sure exactly but during the year they just need to reach out.

I don't think any of this answers what I was asking lol. I'm just curious if anyone knows what kind of practice time teams get at Cintas during this week.

I could be wrong, but back in the day, we never got practice time on the college courts if we played there. Maybe it's because we never asked?

I don't think most teams get that luxury but could be wrong.

My experience is that OHSAA allows each of the 8 teams one 2 hour practice session at Cintas during this week---I do not believe teams just randomly call XU to practice at Cintas to "get used" to the court---pretty sure that does not occur!!

Last edited:
My experience is that OHSAA allows each of the 10 teams one 2 hour practice session at Cintas during this week---I do not believe teams just randomly call XU to practice at Cintas to "get used" to the court---pretty sure that does not occur!!
Every year Moeller has multiple practices at the colleges around the city. I’m sure others do as well

I thought it Depended on the school, connections, the interest etc. I saw on twitter East practiced at UC just to get a big gym feel, West practiced at Xavier. I don’t think there is Enough time for all schools to get time gym.

My experience is that OHSAA allows each of the 10 teams one 2 hour practice session at Cintas during this week---I do not believe teams just randomly call XU to practice at Cintas to "get used" to the court---pretty sure that does not occur!!
Lol

I don't think any of this answers what I was asking lol. I'm just curious if anyone knows what kind of practice time teams get at Cintas during this week.

Channel 5 was at or had video from Lakota East practice at UC on the 6pm news. I’m gonna assume they had a “normal” practice (time wise).

Comet is correct- they have a schedule of available time slots and teams can pick their practice time at Cintas. Some teams do not take advantage of this.

I prefer a badly played WIN over a well played LOSS. That’s just me I guess.
Of course I will always take the W. My thought is that a team can play very good (such as against that team from Georgia two years ago) and lose, but play better than they did in a win.

Does anyone know who the winner of the moeller/springboro game plays next round and the date/location of that game? Is it the winner of lasalle/st.x, lakota east/beavercreek, or centerville/lakota west? Thanks
Nevermind, I see the winner of the moeller/springboro game plays the winner of the centerville/lakota west game this Wednesday 3/11 @ 6:15 at the Cintas Center.

Here is the district bracket for today and who would play on Wednesday, March 11th in the regional semi-finals. at the same site.

The times on two games were changed from the original schedule to times listed in red. Anyone know why? Was it to try to get more money by having fans of the winners of the first two game have to come back and pay again to see the team they will play on Wednesday. The arena will be emptied after the 3:00 game is over before the 6:00 game starts.
Be careful pointing out the financial motivations of OHSAA. The bootlickers will be here to tell you how they are the best organization on the planet and how you should the other 49 state directors about them and NFHS.

FWIW the district games used to be held annually at the UD arena and they were also split sessions. When there was a fifth district final I believe they may have emptied the arena after the first game and then again after the third. Plenty of food/beverage options in the UD area making the fourth game of the day somewhat least attended, LOL.

Be careful pointing out the financial motivations of OHSAA. The bootlickers will be here to tell you how they are the best organization on the planet and how you should the other 49 state directors about them and NFHS.

Well, this being a District Tournament (run by the SW District) and not a Regional or State Tournament (run by the OHSAA) it would make sense to actually ask someone from the SW District Athletic Board.

Time changes are routine throughout tournaments in every sport, particularly at the District levels.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of assumptions.

Last edited:
This goes back a while and may or may not be true, but I seem to remember a time when you could go to UD arena and watch all the district final games. Then again our memory can play tricks on us.

Last edited:
Here is the district bracket for today and who would play on Wednesday, March 11th in the regional semi-finals. at the same site.

The times on two games were changed from the original schedule to times listed in red. Anyone know why? Was it to try to get more money by having fans of the winners of the first two game have to come back and pay again to see the team they will play on Wednesday. The arena will be emptied after the 3:00 game is over before the 6:00 game starts.
Times were changed on those games because 2 Cincy teams would be playing the 8:00 game whereas a Dayton team and fans would've had to travel for the originally scheduled 8:00 game on a Sunday night---in the past when they have played on Saturday at UD I've coached in the late Saturday game that started at 9:00 and it didn't matter if teams were Cincy or Dayton---I think being a Sunday night SWDAB wanted Cincy teams playing that 8:00 game.

Geez, the guesses at motivation for schedule, changes, etc. is bordering on ridiculous. The people who do this work are well meaning and doing their best for all parties. Nobody is opening a swiss bank account based on the SW district tournament. Believe me, they would have loved UD Arena be available Saturday but the University of Dayton and their basketball team had other plans for their school, team, and arena. Time changes or potential changes are also planned. Enjoy the games today.