Christmas Movies

Took me a while to accept that "In The Good Old Summertime" (1949) was a Christmas movie - that title? - but now it's part of my holiday watching tradition.

Supposedly "Meet Me In St. Louis" (1944) is also - I read where the song "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" made its first appearance there. I have that queued up on the DVR, plan to check it out this weekend to render my verdict.

Took me a while to accept that "In The Good Old Summertime" (1949) was a Christmas movie - that title? - but now it's part of my holiday watching tradition.

Supposedly "Meet Me In St. Louis" (1944) is also - I read where the song "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" made its first appearance there. I have that queued up on the DVR, plan to check it out this weekend to render my verdict.
Meet Me in St. Louis just has that one scene based on Christmas, but what a tune. It is a series of vignettes and not a traditional feature film that capitalized on the nostalgia craze for the turn of the last century that was going on in the mid to late '40s. Disneyland is another result of this trend.