CHL Tennis

i agree if mccarthy doenst play next year it could spell the end to the indian hill dominance in the chl. Even with him though wyoming still has a good shot to beat them next year. According to the last post they are bringing back 6 of 7 starters. where ih is losing 3 starters. i agree wyoming tennis is on the rise as should be number 1 in the city

not in my or your lifetime will wyoming ever be number one in the city. they will have to win the chl before i would say they are number one. they cant beat 7 hills or ih. with bourbon and hennessy i doubt they will do anything. bourbon is average at best and hennessy has plenty off days.

im saying number 1 in d2 and if they finished number 3 this year and ih and seven hills is losing a lot of guys so they should be 1

well to adress them beating ih they are going to be better at every position except first singles and third singles and thats a big if depending on if mccarthy plays. hennesy can beat tesmond and bourbon can beat wayne no problem and under that seven hills has no one i would be surprised if wyoming loses to either of them next year.

that is funny I have heard a lot of people say that. You can be on a tennis team going no where and never make state or be on a really great cross country and track group something his school is known for, but it will never happen.

Wyoming has a long way to go to be ahead of Indian Hill or Seven Hills. Losing playrs or whatever. It's tough to knock off teams that have beat you forever.

Wyoming should be strong, but just because they have returning players doesn't automatically make them great. They were 3rd D2 in the city this year, but next year could prove to be difficult. The one player they do lose is Andy Koesterman, a kid who oozed confidence. While he was seen as a ------- by many, he won a great many matches by being one. His presence is just as big a blow to Wyoming as it is for Seven Hills losing Labor or IH losing Strunk and others.

how can you say bringing players back doesnt matter, it does matter completely im not saying they will win easily but they should compete and should win. they are vary capable of being number 1. im not putting down ih or seven hills im just saying they are losing a lot of there talent. by the way does anyway anyone know how many people summit is losing

2009:Year of the Cowboys???

Personally, I think it just might be Wyoming's year next year.

The singles will actually improve from this past year, due to Max Hennessy's recovery from his ankle injury. The first and second singles players will move down to play two and three. The Line-up should be:

1S Max Hennessy

2S Mason Bourbon

3S Gustav Plattenburg

The Doubles keeps 3 out of 4 of the players who consistently came through for Wyoming day in and day out. The only replacement on the entire team will be at first doubles as the team's lone senior, Andy Koesterman, graduates.
The second doubles team of Lippert/Forsythe had a phenomenal Junior Season, beating both Indian Hill and Seven Hills.
The Line-up should be:
1D Stuart Zorn and ____________???

2D John Lippert and Trevor Forsythe

Most importantly, the Cowboys starting line-up should showcase 5 SENIORS next year. These are kids who, for most of them, have been playing on the varsity team since their freshmen years. This experience, combined with the sheer amount of talent this starting line-up has, should prove too much for depleted Seven and Indian Hills squads. (assuming either/both McCarthy doesn't play and their 3 from this year doesn't play again). If they are injury free, look for the Cowboy's to be something special in 2009.

Last edited:
I don't care how good they might be, beating teams you've never beaten before takes guts and nerve. Think of the first time you drive a car by yourself or the first time you beat your parent in something. It's alot to overcome. Good luck to the cowboys but the road will not be easy.

I don't care how good they might be, beating teams you've never beaten before takes guts and nerve. Think of the first time you drive a car by yourself or the first time you beat your parent in something. It's alot to overcome. Good luck to the cowboys but the road will not be easy.

i don't know what kind of weird rushes you get...but i wasn't bustin a nut the first time i beat my mom and dad in OPERATION or MONOPOLY...but what I do know is that teams change significantly, sometimes totally from year to year in high school sports...kids are there for four years then gone...talent wins championships...a big name is...just that...just a big name if it doesnt have the players or talent to back it up...the cowboys will undoubtedly have that talent next year...

Bustin a nut! wow, bet that has always been by yourself. Let's keep it clean. Aren't you winless in your entire career against IH?

thats just a joke. but no one ever said it would be easy for them but i do think they have the best shot they have ever had