CHL league preview 21/22

So I went on the Taylor YouTube page…The Madeira game looked exactly like the past game posted there…live shot of the scoreboard in the corner and exact same camera angle and height…
thats crazy! maybe who ever they had filming it accidently started up the stream?? or connected to something they shouldnt have LOL!

Getting ready to start

Attachments

• 20220111_192933.jpg
    20220111_192933.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 12
I think the biggest thing worth noting is Taylor's D

IH avg'ing 51 a game held them to 29 and just 7pts in the 2nd half.

Reading avg'ing 52 , held them to 33

Wyoming avg'ing 43 , held them to 32

Madeira avg'ing 58, held them to 29

And that's 2 games back to back only allowing 29pts in each. Pretty impressive.

Held cravaack to 4pts total (avg 18)
And tonight held Thorton to 14 (I think) avg 23

That's pretty impressive.

Doesn't get any easier Friday and figuring out a way to stop Stewart

I think the biggest thing worth noting is Taylor's D

IH avg'ing 51 a game held them to 29 and just 7pts in the 2nd half.

Reading avg'ing 52 , held them to 33

Wyoming avg'ing 43 , held them to 32

Madeira avg'ing 58, held them to 29

And that's 2 games back to back only allowing 29pts in each. Pretty impressive.

Held cravaack to 4pts total (avg 18)
And tonight held Thorton to 14 (I think) avg 23

That's pretty impressive.

Doesn't get any easier Friday and figuring out a way to stop Stewart
All those averages were probably built up against inferior competition. They get exposed against a decent team.

All those averages were probably built up against inferior competition. They get exposed against a decent team.
Well isn’t that exactly what an average is? You take the good, you take the bad…and get the average. They’ve all had good games vs good teams too

Well isn’t that exactly what an average is? You take the good, you take the bad…and get the average. They’ve all had good games vs good teams too
Yes. That’s an average. I speculate they may be abnormally high because of the number of weak teams that boosted them. The averages may settle down as they play more good teams.

Average ( or mean) in statistics is actually a poor way of calculating…outliers effect the numbers way to much..even mire so with a limited sample size…..without going crazy into calculating a standard deviation you can just throw out the 2 highest and 2 lowest…that gives a better picture ?

Taylor presents 2 problems to their opponents:

1. (defensively) is they are long—>
they can very easily go 6’3, 6’3, 6’3, 6,4, 6’5
(Hard for 5’11 guard to shoot over 6’4 defender)

2. They have the player of the year Danny Austing. Can shoot from anywhere, drive/score

Taylor presents 2 problems to their opponents:

1. (defensively) is they are long—>
they can very easily go 6’3, 6’3, 6’3, 6,4, 6’5
(Hard for 5’11 guard to shoot over 6’4 defender)

2. They have the player of the year Danny Austing. Can shoot from anywhere, drive/score
Didn't know that they already gave out the player of the year award, I must have missed that.