Week Four Picks:
Thursday:
IH @ Reading INDIAN HILL

Friday:
Wyoming @ Deer Park WYOMING
Mariemont @ Finneytown MARIEMONT
Madeira @ Taylor MADEIRA

4 Road wins this week.

What happened at the end of the Wyoming / Madeira game? Heard there were some people upset.

I heard that maybe someone was making comments toward the wife/kids of Madeira’s coach. I can’t confirm this and I don’t know if the comments were made by Madeira or Wyoming fans.

I was more making the statement that the bottom of the GCL would still finish #2 behind Wyoming in most sports in the CHL.
This is a dumb statement. Completely agree with certain sports - but you ignore all of the other sports. Boys and girls tennis, cross country, swimming and diving, track, lacrosse and boys and girls soccer would all be top heavy with CHL teams. (Just look at the head to head scores and state tournament results and state championships over the past 5 years) GCL co-ed is a great league with great schools - but to say that no CHL team other than Wyoming would finish above second in the GCL is a naive statement

But back to football. Seems that schools tried to avoid playing a CHL school in the regular season that they were likely to see in the playoffs. I’m reading too much into the schedule?

But back to football. Seems that schools tried to avoid playing a CHL school in the regular season that they were likely to see in the playoffs. I’m reading too much into the schedule?
I don't know if it was deliberate, but the scheduling seems weird. It seems like every team is not playing their most evenly matched opponent.

No Wyoming-Indian Hill
No Mariemont-Madeira
No Deer Park-Reading
No Taylor-Finneytown

It was not up to the schools to make schedules. It was very simple - every team just took weeks 4-9 from their original schedule and that was their new schedule. Not sure if this was an OHSAA thing or a league by league decision but this is how the CHL was done.

It was not up to the schools to make schedules. It was very simple - every team just took weeks 4-9 from their original schedule and that was their new schedule. Not sure if this was an OHSAA thing or a league by league decision but this is how the CHL was done.
And (probably) most schools play their fiercest/biggest league rival in Week 10– so, by default, ALL of the most obvious league games were nixed?

And (probably) most schools play their fiercest/biggest league rival in Week 10– so, by default, ALL of the most obvious league games were nixed?

I've heard so many things it's hard to keep it all straight/know what's accurate....

Did I hear correctly that while every team makes the playoffs, teams could opt out?

Is there also an option on the table to play basically exhibition games after/instead of the playoffs to get more live game experience? Meaning Taylor and Finneytown could play a game if they wanted?

I've heard so many things it's hard to keep it all straight/know what's accurate....

Did I hear correctly that while every team makes the playoffs, teams could opt out?

Is there also an option on the table to play basically exhibition games after/instead of the playoffs to get more live game experience? Meaning Taylor and Finneytown could play a game if they wanted?

My impression was that after Week 6, if you opted out of the play-offs, you were free to schedule the remaining 4 weeks of your season with whoever you wanted, as those teams were available to play. If you opted in for the play-offs, and were eliminated any time prior to Week 10, you could also play additional games up until your 10th game.

Some AD or ADs purposed that the easiest way to make the schedule would be to just drop the last league game and that would make 6 games for everyone. It really doesn’t make sense since the last week hosts the best matchups traditionally for the league. If they just wanted to drop a week they should have just dropped the 1st week of league games. IH and Wyoming not playing is an absolute joke and bad for the league

Saw this on the CHL website:

"The SID Game of the Week will be Wyoming at Deer Park. Can Wyoming's regular season streak be stopped? Deer Park has a good as chance as anyone. After three games, the Wildcats have more points than the Cowboys. Wyoming's defense is a different story. They have only given up one touchdown in three games. If Deer Park can find an answer to the Cowboy defense, this game could be interesting. "

Does Deer Park really stand a chance against Wyoming? I think Wyoming still has way to much talent on both sides of the ball for DP to have a real chance of winning. It may be close through the first half but I think Wyoming still wins easily. Also the game is tonight not Friday.

The only way that Deer Park has a chance is if they control the ball on numerous long drives, kill the clock, and Wyoming has multiple turnovers. Deer Park's defense has been less than impressive, I see Wyoming winning by about 21.

The only way that Deer Park has a chance is if they control the ball on numerous long drives, kill the clock, and Wyoming has multiple turnovers. Deer Park's defense has been less than impressive, I see Wyoming winning by about 21.
deer park converted multiple 4th-and-shorts and had the ball the entire 1q. wyo scores the next 35. deer park has some nice athletes.

Seems to be a discrepancy on who won Finneytown or Mariemont. Twitter Has Finneytown 22 Mariemont 7. Joe Eitel seems to know better

Big surprise in the Madeira-Taylor game. I thought this was supposed to be Madeira's year?
Props to coach miller and the offensive coaches for going for 2 and getting the W at home!!

Taylor is 1qtr of HORRID defense vs deer park from being 3-1 and sitting in 2nd place in the league....

. Jose Gonzalez leading the league in rushing has 2 tough games ahead of him self but has played very well to start the year off